How Poe elites ruined Bestiary AND Incursion - Bestiary you will be missed.

wow I dont see how an SSF person can hate incursion since it hands out amazing loot without the need to trade....

beast league was an abomination im glad its gone
I dont see any any key!
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Two challenges... have you even made it past Act V? Have you started really thinking about the choices you get in designing a Temple? Have you had a character strong enough to actually act on those thoughts?

Probably not.

Oh. "Polishment" isn't a word.

hahahahaha Shag being SAVAGE.

I know it warms my heart
I dont see any any key!
"
Lewnatic wrote:
What about the content that i wrote in my thread then?

Your arguments can be boiled down to: I liked Bestiary and miss not having it. Which is a perfectly reasonable position, but then you concoct a bunch of questionable arguments why are we supposedly missing out for not having Bestiary. A handful of nice recipes is nothing to cry over. I play SSF exclusively and was doing just fine before Bestiary, wont miss any of it. (btw, Bestiary was not ruined by elites, it was genuinely hated by all "castes" of PoE players)

I think Incursion is awesome. The league is always present but can be totally ignored. Constructing & looting the temple is a perfect combination of RNG, strategy & clearspeed tension, with good rewards, difficult encounters and lots of mob density. Top 3 leagues for sure, if not the #1 for me.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jun 3, 2018, 2:03:36 PM
What the fuck am i reading???
"
morbo wrote:
"
Lewnatic wrote:
What about the content that i wrote in my thread then?

Your arguments can be boiled down to: I liked Bestiary and miss not having it. Which is a perfectly reasonable position, but then you concoct a bunch of questionable arguments why are we supposedly missing out for not having Bestiary. A handful of nice recipes is nothing to cry over. I play SSF exclusively and was doing just fine before Bestiary, wont miss any of it. (btw, Bestiary was not ruined by elites, it was genuinely hated by all "castes" of PoE players)

I think Incursion is awesome. The league is always present but can be totally ignored. Constructing & looting the temple is a perfect combination of RNG, strategy & clearspeed tension, with good rewards, difficult encounters and lots of mob density. Top 3 leagues for sure, if not the #1 for me.

See my other points. Like no interesting End-game and no interesting build enabling uniques. Also no fated uniques.

Please list me a single interesting chase Unique in Incursion.
Last edited by Lewnatic on Jun 3, 2018, 2:12:15 PM
Also, you know whats awesome about Incursion - that I'm failing content mostly because I don't have good enough gear/survivability yet, not because of brutal RNG gating. Breachlords, Abyss liches, Bestiary bosses and all that RNG gated rare content you can only access once in a blue moon... can go fvk themselves.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Lewnatic wrote:
Please list me a single interesting chase Unique in Incursion.

I dunno what is a chase unique for YOU. I'm currently chasing Belly of the beast for example.

What about chase rares? Chase double corruption of gems? ... I dont play the game at poe.trade and wikipedia pages. I'm discovering the game as I go and the Temple is still full of secrets.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

"
Why is Incursion crippled by that?

First of all, because of the massive amount of content that was removed and is now missing. A lot of awesome feature will be missing (probably for ever) and there is no way for GGG to fix it flaws now. Thinks that will be missed.

1. No loot pinatas a.k.a Beasts that drop more loot than map bosses.
2. No quecksilver Adrenalin early.
3. No Anti Curse Flask early.
4. No use for Roah feathers.
5. No 3 white sockets + 30% quantity.
6. No Beastarmor sets. Rip
7. No Aspects.a
8. No Anti-RNG League.

I really hope this list is just a bad joke..
Last edited by Shinyness on Jun 3, 2018, 2:30:44 PM
Definitely prefer Incursion over Bestiary.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Bestiary was great, Incursion is absurd. I saw Bestiary as a nice albeit flawed return to the core ideas PoE was designed upon. Incursion, on the other hand, is a ludicrous catering to the clearspeed meta and loot pinata crowds, and it makes me a bit sad.

Same idea as getting high, you keep shortcutting to the feelsgood chemicals and you burn out much quicker, no different with PoE-- the overall trend of the game in recent years is certainly good for GGG's pockets but probably not so good for the long term health of the game and playerbase, but idk, I'm probably overreacting
Last edited by Trentemoller on Jun 3, 2018, 2:40:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info