Skill Revamp - Elemental Hit

"
JoeShmo wrote:
"
Can those jewels be revamped to also fit wild strike? :o

I know right? They seem more fitting for wild strike since it already alternated between elements / types of attacks on each swing; so it would be more neat to be able to..say...choose to do a melee version of arc if you locked out the two other elements.

-------

The nice thing about original Elemental Hit was that it was additive damage on top of everything else, and you got all 3 elements at once ( if you went that route ).

The new version just looks like a smaller, more funky / pitiful version of Wild Strike; without any of the "pizazz" that it has with the waves, arcs, and explosion rings. And it now locks you out of 2 elements on each swing...which really messes up builds that depended on having them all hit at the same time ( or there about ).

I'm still of the mind that if you were going to use the new jewels for EH to lock down 2 element types ...you would be better off just using an actual skill of that element type; alongside it's better threshhold jewels. For melee, for example, Id rather stick it out with a frost blades build than an Cold Elemental Hit one, with it's tiny aoe and needing to hit targets twice before you can get going ( which kinda makes the single element counter productive in some sense since you hit multiple times without the jewels to get the multiple element buffs ( EE + Base ) going. Semantics I guess. )

I guess the only real advantage Elemental Hit would have over conventional builds is that you could find a way to game elemental types against certain bosses easier than other builds. You could feasibly build "neutral" damage nodes on the passive tree and gear ...and then use the jewels to lock out elements that would be more resistant during a fight, like say a breach lord or guardian fight.

Though ( Using melee as an example again ), It would only require conventional builds to just switch out a single gem, maybe two for resist pierce, ( frostblades for lightning strike ( Green Gem ), molten strike for static ( Red Gem, probably not though...cuz Molten ). Don't think I've seen a playstyle that ever does that though ( at least nowadays ).

=======

Anyway, would have made more sense to me for those new jewels to be for Wild Strike instead; they seem rather confusing for Elemental Hit, which should be embracing more the idea of alternating elements ( and possibly mechanics like EE ), rather than going the opposite direction.

Probably would have rather seen some Elemental Hit jewels that made it so that other elemental types could cause afflictions of the other elemental types ( like 3 dragons helm ) + their original affliction type ( So say, cold damage chills, freezes, and ignites. Fire damage ignites and Shocks. Etc. ) That way, rotating damage would be far less annoying, and it adds something to the skill ...rather than removing things... when you use the jewels ( just like all the other thresholds ).

To be honest, I think the way GGG has Wild Strike is fine, considering its Physical Damage converting into a random element. You can easily scale Wild Strike damage, I mean look at all those Steel Rings and then look at stat sticks, HoA, Hatred, and anything else that provides Physical Damage added as (insert damage type). Sure, Elemental Hit is gonna get Threshold Jewels, but that only means you have to limit yourself with your sockets/pathing on the Passive Tree, and it also means those jewels could possibly be expensive in the future. Your idea of the Elemental Hit jewels acting like the 3 Dragons though would be pointless in my opinion, seeing it already afflicts all those status ailments.

I am very excited to see how Elemental Hit does in the future, I mean who knows, it could probably end up being Uber Elder viable!
Please reply to your whispers for items... Even if you are mapping, in a rotation, in uber lab, or if its sold. Thank you. :D
Buff Split Arrow dam it you got plenty of cash now so no more excuses. Do it Doooo it noooow
"Blue warrior shot the food"
<redacted>
Personal Item Filter(s):
https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/Rxpet8
Last edited by Censurri on Apr 13, 2021, 11:43:55 AM
"
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Elemental Hit attacks deal 10% more Damage per Elemental Ailment on the Enemy. This means that if you have all four Elemental Ailments on your target, you'll be dealing 40% more Damage.
Does it also increase for duplicate Elemental Ailments on the Enemy?
  • e.g. Emberwake: "You can inflict an additional Ignite on an Enemy"

Please confirm, thanks.

good question, and it seems like it would since it is stated "10% more damage per elemental ailment on the enemy"
so if you could have two ignites via emberwake, then that is two elemental ailments on the enemy. it doesn't state that it needs to be different elemental ailment effects.
"
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Elemental Hit attacks deal 10% more Damage per Elemental Ailment on the Enemy. This means that if you have all four Elemental Ailments on your target, you'll be dealing 40% more Damage.
Does it also increase for duplicate Elemental Ailments on the Enemy?
  • e.g. Emberwake: "You can inflict an additional Ignite on an Enemy"

Please confirm, thanks.

This might be a stretch, but it does not say "elemental ailment you have inflicted". What about ailments inflicted by other players, or minions?
Garbage. Making worthless support a little less than worthless isn't a buff.

Tencent buff...
The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.
"
xMustard wrote:
so yes quill rain or +3 bows/wands etc will be the best thing to use this with by a mile. what would also be great is brightbeak.
I, for one, am even more interested in 6L +3 wands than the new Elemental Hit.
No change at my view.
I knew Tencent wouldn't disappoint us!
"
mazzopi wrote:
I knew Tencent wouldn't disappoint us!

Yeah, that will be new "Golden hand" job - troll joke now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info