Skill Revamp - Elemental Hit

"
ffritzell wrote:
The thing is that convertion is not actually more "broken" than what you can normally do with Elemental Hit.
By making it only deal fire damage you are losing out on every elemental ailment which also implies the more multi on the skill and you are losing the ability to use equilibrium. Converting everything will net you aboud 3k added flat whilst using the equi + ailment setup will provide 50% pen, 30-40% more multi and a shock that will have a varied percentage increase.

The only thing you have to think about is that you'll most definetly use different ascendancies for the build (elementalist could probably work with everything).

Edit: I managed to quite easily trump the conversion build with a normal elemental hit build in terms of damage quite easily in path of build without even counting the increased damage from present ailments.

PoB still works with the old values... Btw the final gem is out now, it has even more damage but no effectiveness (so essentially less damage). I think the conversion still makes a lot of sense..
"
ffritzell wrote:
The thing is that convertion is not actually more "broken" than what you can normally do with Elemental Hit.
By making it only deal fire damage you are losing out on every elemental ailment which also implies the more multi on the skill and you are losing the ability to use equilibrium. Converting everything will net you aboud 3k added flat whilst using the equi + ailment setup will provide 50% pen, 30-40% more multi and a shock that will have a varied percentage increase.

The only thing you have to think about is that you'll most definetly use different ascendancies for the build (elementalist could probably work with everything).

Edit: I managed to quite easily trump the conversion build with a normal elemental hit build in terms of damage quite easily in path of build without even counting the increased damage from present ailments.

Would you rather do over 2.8 times the damage or less than 8% more damage (you can get both chill and shock even while you have avatar of fire) + elemental equilibrim? Elemental equilibrium is nothing compared to having over double the base damage (you would still have over twice as much base damage with the avatar of fire method even if you only applied ignite and including the loss of stats from both of your rings having nothing but resists).
Last edited by elvenchakra on May 31, 2018, 11:44:53 AM
"
Remember that we noted that it can't deal the same type of damage sequentially? Suddenly you have a skill that pairs very nicely with Elemental Equilibrium, as each attack will alternate between the type of damage it deals, taking full advantage of the reduced resistances.

This does not appear to be working as intended. Without any of the appropriate jewels I have seen the same element twice many times.. with the addition of 1 jewel, i still see at least 1 double cast of the same element at the beginning of a cast. I'll post a bug report when I get a chance to upload a video documenting the issue for clarity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info