Skill Revamp - Elemental Hit

Wow, that looks awesome!!! So hyped to try this skill!

Edit: With Mark having confirmed that elemental damage conversion actually works (nearly tripling the damage at the cost of EE) I just hope that avatar of fire won't feel mandatory to get the best out of the reworked elemental hit.
Please help to fight the climate change!
Last edited by limonenovecento on May 28, 2018, 11:10:36 AM
"
Edit: With Mark having confirmed that elemental damage conversion actually works (nearly tripling the damage at the cost of EE) I just hope that avatar of fire won't feel mandatory to get the best out of the reworked elemental hit.

How does it work exactly?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on May 29, 2018, 1:48:58 AM
"
Wow, that looks awesome!!! So hyped to try this skill!

The way Avatar of Fire interacts with Elemental Hit cannot be considered good. It looks ridiculously broken. https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8mrg71/the_problem_with_new_elemental_hit_explained_in_a/?utm_content=full_comments&utm_medium=message&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=frontpage
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
The way Avatar of Fire interacts with Elemental Hit cannot be considered good. It looks ridiculously broken.

Yeah, already did the math, and just that node (plus the two jewels) alone basically doubles the skill's damage. Plus it opens up other routes like tacking on fire damage through Anger, as well as simplifying making a passive tree as you aren't just limited to full elemental damage.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
OMG why have any other skill in the game. This will be so freaking OP. My math shows that with two unique rings Avatar of fire and two of the new jewels with this skill will make it's base damage like 3k. Like really? That is way more than any other skill in the game by far. This is going to break DPS. Not that it isn't already broken. Pretty disgusting too look at.
Last edited by TheLockedGuy on May 30, 2018, 1:06:54 AM
So the patch notes didn't contain mention of numerical changes to flat values. Will the gem showcased here make it into the patch or will flat values stay the same?
"
Bojka666 wrote:
So the patch notes didn't contain mention of numerical changes to flat values. Will the gem showcased here make it into the patch or will flat values stay the same?

I'm also confused about the damage values. The announced values are 2.5 times greater than what's live... That's a HUGE difference that I would really appreciate be cleared up
Base damage and effectiveness of other skills(if changed) were mentioned in patch notes. So, yeah. In the garbage bin it stays. Sad.
Last edited by Toralian on May 30, 2018, 8:43:30 AM
"
TheLockedGuy wrote:
OMG why have any other skill in the game. This will be so freaking OP. My math shows that with two unique rings Avatar of fire and two of the new jewels with this skill will make it's base damage like 3k. Like really? That is way more than any other skill in the game by far. This is going to break DPS. Not that it isn't already broken. Pretty disgusting too look at.

Looks like its going to be blade vortex + poison all over again :/ . At least this time I'll be here for it; sad I missed out on 49 times poison damage multiplier.
The thing is that convertion is not actually more "broken" than what you can normally do with Elemental Hit.
By making it only deal fire damage you are losing out on every elemental ailment which also implies the more multi on the skill and you are losing the ability to use equilibrium. Converting everything will net you aboud 3k added flat whilst using the equi + ailment setup will provide 50% pen, 30-40% more multi and a shock that will have a varied percentage increase.

The only thing you have to think about is that you'll most definetly use different ascendancies for the build (elementalist could probably work with everything).

Edit: I managed to quite easily trump the conversion build with a normal elemental hit build in terms of damage quite easily in path of build without even counting the increased damage from present ailments.
IGN: Lindon
Last edited by ffritzell on May 30, 2018, 8:23:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info