Skill Revamp - Elemental Hit

Sure am looking forward to try out Elemental Hit again with these changes.
Before the 3.3.0 patch hits, I think most of us has started to think/build around the new gems and its interactions. There are a couple of things regarding intereactions I am curious if we could get confimed from you GGG? And it all started by reading the following reddit post.

In this post the user named "sephirah13" writes the following:
"
Title.The thought being the damage is there it does not get removed, when it choses one it just does not allow you to use that type.So by converting the flat we increase our damage.But will it work that way?

Edit: For clarification let me try to help explaining.

Pick ele hit.

Use 2 threshold jewels to block ele hit from rolling loghtning and cold damage.

Now you deal only fire damage.

The way that the gem is worded gives me the impresion that it always gives you all 3 types of damage but nulifies the entierty of 2 of them after the calculation of added damage like auras and heralds.

Now the question is will you be able to convert said damage before it gets nulified with avatar and cold to fire?

GGG, would this work?

If the new ele hit works with conversion I have had another question about conversion mechanics, and this will most likely not work due to the wording of the new skill, but it depends on how conversion is handled. My rambeling toughts...

If all the damage types is not "added to all hits, and is being disabled", but instead works for each roll (even in the background cold hit would only mechanicly have the cold portion of the skill, and not fire/lightning elements "hidden/disabled"), lets say we get a cold roll with Cold to Fire support gem, would we then experience to only do 50% dmg as half is converted to fire and the gem cant do other elemental damage beside cold (most likely)? Or is the gem treated in a way where the entire hit is considered "cold" due to its "attack tag", and we actually end up dealing 50% cold dmg, and 50% fire dmg? And in a case with both avatar of fire, and cold to fire gem equipped, together with the "prevent lightning damage" could we then in theory do two consecutive hits with actual fire dmg?

GGG, always nice with clarifications ;)

Nice revamp, looks really good to visually. Any update on Charged Dash?
creative stuff there
Have we gotten an answer regarding weapon damage etc.? I saw a number of questions regarding things like Dyadus, Doomfletch, and Voidforge.

1. Is there any way to predict or cycle through the damages? So you don't wind up say, alternating the wrong fire and cold with your Dyadus...

2. Is the skill adding weapon cold damage to cold hits? Fire to fire? Would White Wind cold damage be added and then boosted by the 188%? Just added? Not added? Converted physical damage?
"
LestatGames wrote:
Ok is this a typo of am I stupid (probably the latter) but what is the 4th element. I know fire, cold and lightning but that's it right?

Chaos?

The 5th element is Leeloo though, right?
I used to be apathetic, now I just don't care.
HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice, will make my elemental hit bowyer viable... very good!
what if i use new ele hit with Fate of the Vaal Gemstone Sword?
can Physical Damage be converted correctly?
So much hype, so little time to try it all!
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
Hi guys,

I can't wait for trying this reworked skill. I was wondering how the element chosen for each attack interacts with multistrike. I guess each attack uses a different element even if you link ELE HIT with MULTISTRIKE support right? How about when you use dual wielding with DYADUS? is there any way to make sure you don't mess with the element rota and block lightning damage using the new threshold jewel?
Adds (255-285) to (300-330) Fire Damage in Main Hand
Adds (255-285) to (300-330) Cold Damage in Off Hand

Could you confirm how it works @Bex_GGG please?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info