Skill Revamp - Elemental Hit

I'm curious, per gem description... Do you have to hit with fire to have 49% chance to ignite? Or any elemental hit can ignite ? That's unclear... Let's say I use Elemental Hit with only Fire (with the 2 appropriate jewels), if it can apply 3 ailments anyway, that's a cool +30% MORE damage, plus the effects of shock...

I've been trying to build something with Oro's Sacrifice, but since Path of Building isn't updated yet, dps is pretty low at the moment.
"
Cmoidudu wrote:
I'm curious, per gem description... Do you have to hit with fire to have 49% chance to ignite? Or any elemental hit can ignite ? That's unclear... Let's say I use Elemental Hit with only Fire (with the 2 appropriate jewels), if it can apply 3 ailments anyway, that's a cool +30% MORE damage, plus the effects of shock...
Ailments can only be inflicted by that type of damage causing it. Check up PoE Wiki, e.g. for ignite:
"
By default, only fire damage is able to inflict ignite, but certain equipment such as The Three Dragons, Hrimburn or the Elemental Conflux buff can change which damage types are able to inflict ignite.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ignite
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
"
sn0pi wrote:
Hi guys,

I can't wait for trying this reworked skill. I was wondering how the element chosen for each attack interacts with multistrike. I guess each attack uses a different element even if you link ELE HIT with MULTISTRIKE support right? How about when you use dual wielding with DYADUS? is there any way to make sure you don't mess with the element rota and block lightning damage using the new threshold jewel?
Adds (255-285) to (300-330) Fire Damage in Main Hand
Adds (255-285) to (300-330) Cold Damage in Off Hand

Could you confirm how it works @Bex_GGG please?

Thanks!

Multistrike seems to "copy" the initial attack two additional times. Critical hits are rolled once for all three hits and Ruthless counts per multistrike use (not per multistrike hit). It is likely that elemental hit works the same alteration between each multistrike use.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Multistrike_Support
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ruthless_Support
Dual wielding should work theoretically, but I doubt that there is any chance to control which damage type is used first. If there is no trick to sync the damage type, it is likely to be a mess. Having said that, I would like to know, if there is a way to sync damage when dual wielding.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
And here am I..
still waiting for a Dominating Blow fix. :(
So Elemental Equilibrium wouldnt be efficient if you link multistrike with Elemental Hit?

Exactly, it would be really interesting to know how the dualwielding mechanics can be sync with Elemental Hit elemental rotation.

I guess it won't be easy but now, with these new mechanics, it should be really important explain or readjust all these properly.

Thanks!

SnUPDOGGY here!
The only way I see elemental hit syncing with a dual wield attack (Dyadus in this example) would be that fire is always first, followed by cold, followed by lightning like the priority order for conversions. However even that presents a problem, as a movement ability like leap slap would throw that off and make your fire attack hit with your cold Dyadus, and your cold attack hit with your fire Dyadus. Hoping there will be a more intricate way to sync, but I very much doubt it.

I'm actually thinking about doing a build around Debeon's Dirge. Bunch of cold damage with 150% increased elemental damage tag seems pretty solid.
I'm trying to figure out the new ele hit and make a build around it but there are still many unanswered questions regarding how to boost it's damage.

So far I can make out that the phys damage from the weapon you use is not added which makes perfect sense but what about wands like Storm Prison? does the "Adds 1 to (35-45) Lightning Damage" get added to ele hit when it does lightning damage only?

Also if I use a wand with ele hit do the wand damage nodes such as "57% increased Damage with Wands" and "Gain 30% of Wand Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage" increase it's damage? also "57% increased Damage with Ailments from Attack Skills while wielding a Wand" I'm not sure on either.

I've read that ele hit can be used unarmed so trying to understand what the weapon does to the skill is very confusing.
"
Dobster wrote:
I'm trying to figure out the new ele hit and make a build around it but there are still many unanswered questions regarding how to boost it's damage.

So far I can make out that the phys damage from the weapon you use is not added which makes perfect sense but what about wands like Storm Prison? does the "Adds 1 to (35-45) Lightning Damage" get added to ele hit when it does lightning damage only?

Also if I use a wand with ele hit do the wand damage nodes such as "57% increased Damage with Wands" and "Gain 30% of Wand Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage" increase it's damage? also "57% increased Damage with Ailments from Attack Skills while wielding a Wand" I'm not sure on either.

I've read that ele hit can be used unarmed so trying to understand what the weapon does to the skill is very confusing.

A wand is still a weapon, and elemental hit is still an attack, so weapon based modifiers will apply as expected. Generic wand damage nodes scale all damage types with attacks, so yes.

You aren't gonna be focusing on physical damage scaling with Elemental hit, so "Gain 30% of Wand Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage" won't do much for you, and is not worth getting in the tree, as you'd be using a wand like Piscator's Vigil, or anything with high attack speed/crit/some flat damage.

The modifier "% increased Damage with Ailments from Attack Skills while wielding a Wand" only applies to ailments such as Bleed, Ignite, or Poison.

The fact that the skill can be used while unarmed is irrelevant to using it with a wand.

To be honest, these are basic questions that a player with a few days of experience would be asking, not someone with 20+ characters.
"
sn0pi wrote:
So Elemental Equilibrium wouldnt be efficient if you link multistrike with Elemental Hit?

Exactly, it would be really interesting to know how the dualwielding mechanics can be sync with Elemental Hit elemental rotation.

I guess it won't be easy but now, with these new mechanics, it should be really important explain or readjust all these properly.

Thanks!

SnUPDOGGY here!

Wild strike already switches elements when used with multistrike, I don't see why elemental hit would be any different. Unlike Wild strike, Elemental hit has the rule where it can't attack with the same element twice, so it's much easier to use with EE in general.
"
darkmark009 wrote:
"
Dobster wrote:

A wand is still a weapon, and elemental hit is still an attack, so weapon based modifiers will apply as expected. Generic wand damage nodes scale all damage types with attacks, so yes.

You aren't gonna be focusing on physical damage scaling with Elemental hit, so "Gain 30% of Wand Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage" won't do much for you, and is not worth getting in the tree, as you'd be using a wand like Piscator's Vigil, or anything with high attack speed/crit/some flat damage.

The modifier "% increased Damage with Ailments from Attack Skills while wielding a Wand" only applies to ailments such as Bleed, Ignite, or Poison.

The fact that the skill can be used while unarmed is irrelevant to using it with a wand.

To be honest, these are basic questions that a player with a few days of experience would be asking, not someone with 20+ characters.

Yeah you are right and I can't understand why I'm finding this all so confusing but thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just have to test things out when it gets released.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info