Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

Literally the worst league ever... Even Prophecy was more interesting...
Good idea. Shitty implementation.

Since you did that right thing by discarding Bestiary, you have my continued commitment and support.
it had a functional crafting system too, that may help the game in the long run.

those who hate it - i supposed u also think that the whole "looking up wiki for hidden vendor recipes" is a good and healthy mechanic for the game.

here is a potential crafting system that can cater for vendor recipes and makes returning to the maps to find needed beasts relevant again.

right now, we zipped thru maps in all 10 Acts in 5mins and never to return to them ever again. Bestiary makes it potentially profitable to return and take a look at these maps we zipped past.
OMFG ARE U KIDDING ME? THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST MECHANICS YOU CAN ADD TO THE CORE GAME AND YOU THROW IT INTO THE TRASHCAN BECAUSE NOOBS COMPLAINED ABOUT IT? PEOPLE DONT USE BESTIARY ARE NOT EVEN YOUR TARGET PLAYERBASE THEY ARE JUST NOOBS WHO CANT PLAY THE GAME!!!
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Generally, GGG just said something like: "We won't include it because of we would need to support it". For example,
"
A variety of reasons fuelled this decision:
* We would have to support the interface and the Menagerie going forward...
* Bestiary is very different to the core game, which means we need to keep all the tutorial elements...
* The crafting results and inputs would need constant balancing and iteration to remain relevant...

It sounds like they don't want to support (Bestiary related) interface, Menagerie, tutorial, items crafting/balancing.
Last edited by vpsnake on May 9, 2018, 3:23:42 AM
"
vpsnake wrote:
Generally, GGG just said something like: "We won't include it because of we would need to support it". For example,
"
A variety of reasons fuelled this decision:
* We would have to support the interface and the Menagerie going forward...
* Bestiary is very different to the core game, which means we need to keep all the tutorial elements...
* The crafting results and inputs would need constant balancing and iteration to remain relevant...

It sounds like they don't want to support (Bestiary related) interface, Menagerie, tutorial, items crafting/balancing.

That's true for any expansion (and i think Bestiary qualifies as one), does this mean we won't get any in the future?
Thank you but cmon GGG, you can just say "b/c it was a massive failure".

You arent fooling anyone with "the upkeep would be too much", this league was an absolute dumpster fire from the start and while its awesome you arent adding it to the core game we should never of had to suffer through 3 months of this garbage.

98% of the forums and reddit were up in arms about that league the moment you announced it, if there had been any actual testing done you would have known it was a giant terd.
Personally i can say this league was the worst i ever played.

But seeing all this content getting wasted is an even bigger pain... We can't keep the boss encounters and the 3-4 good recipes??? :P
What about using it as a end game mechanic?

Keep all the mechanics (since they are in game already) but only keep recepies for like level 70+ items and add some other unique stuff.

Could be an interesting side-option for progression for those who are doing end game content.
"
XanTheInsane wrote:
What about using it as a end game mechanic?

Keep all the mechanics (since they are in game already) but only keep recepies for like level 70+ items and add some other unique stuff.

Could be an interesting side-option for progression for those who are doing end game content.

no
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info