Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

lame league...thanks for the work but go back to the Breach mechanics please
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
OMFG ARE U KIDDING ME? THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST MECHANICS YOU CAN ADD TO THE CORE GAME AND YOU THROW IT INTO THE TRASHCAN BECAUSE NOOBS COMPLAINED ABOUT IT? PEOPLE DONT USE BESTIARY ARE NOT EVEN YOUR TARGET PLAYERBASE THEY ARE JUST NOOBS WHO CANT PLAY THE GAME!!!

> "Noobs" complaining
> Joined Apr 5, 2016

I laughed.
Last edited by algosito on May 9, 2018, 2:53:37 PM
Thank you ,smart decision.
I'll be waiting for next league
I came back to path of exile after being away much longer than I ever played in the first place. Much had changed, but I thought "that game had been fun, let's give it another go." And I've had blast - Bestiary was so much fun for me. It's my favorite part of the changes I've seen in the game (not counting the hard to see changes like skill balancing).

I've seen many players complain about the league, though few could articulate any real flaws ('it's bad' doesn't count) and I give little credence to 'I don't like it' or 'it's not what I wanted.' Bestiary fleshed out the game, giving a new system to interact with, adding control to my playstyle while still forcing me to work for it, and keeping that RNG reliance that is so foundational to the POE playstyle.

I would pay money for an expansion that put Bestiary back into the game. At this late point, it doesn't look like I'll have time to complete my league related goals, and I find that quite disheartening. I'll be sticking around until the end to get the most out of it that I can, and to see what comes next (GGG do good work, after all), but the loss of the Bestiary content is a major disappointment for me.

From the tone of the announcement in this post, It sure sounds to me like the reasons for not continuing Bestiary were built-in at the beginning. If you knew you wouldn't be able to add it into the main game, why introduce it at all?
"
I came back to path of exile after being away much longer than I ever played in the first place. Much had changed, but I thought "that game had been fun, let's give it another go." And I've had blast - Bestiary was so much fun for me. It's my favorite part of the changes I've seen in the game (not counting the hard to see changes like skill balancing).

I've seen many players complain about the league, though few could articulate any real flaws ('it's bad' doesn't count) and I give little credence to 'I don't like it' or 'it's not what I wanted.' Bestiary fleshed out the game, giving a new system to interact with, adding control to my playstyle while still forcing me to work for it, and keeping that RNG reliance that is so foundational to the POE playstyle.

I would pay money for an expansion that put Bestiary back into the game. At this late point, it doesn't look like I'll have time to complete my league related goals, and I find that quite disheartening. I'll be sticking around until the end to get the most out of it that I can, and to see what comes next (GGG do good work, after all), but the loss of the Bestiary content is a major disappointment for me.

From the tone of the announcement in this post, It sure sounds to me like the reasons for not continuing Bestiary were built-in at the beginning. If you knew you wouldn't be able to add it into the main game, why introduce it at all?

+1

I don't think they predetermined they won't bake this in to the core game. I think it was a train wreck early on that they could not recover from. It's a shame because it was truly a unique addition and not the same old shit where you get 3 to make 1 of something over and over and over. I mean you can blame the players for bitching but ultimately the failure is with GGG for so many issues out of the gate. It's a much better experience now - especially for those joining late. Unfortunately right as they decided to pull the plug.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
"
cgexile wrote:
"

+1

I don't think they predetermined they won't bake this in to the core game. I think it was a train wreck early on that they could not recover from. It's a shame because it was truly a unique addition and not the same old shit where you get 3 to make 1 of something over and over and over. I mean you can blame the players for bitching but ultimately the failure is with GGG for so many issues out of the gate. It's a much better experience now - especially for those joining late. Unfortunately right as they decided to pull the plug.

+1

Same for me here. I had a lot of fun and it is a fresh new content. I never spend that much time on a single league. However, I concluded for myself that there are too many flaws spoiling my experience. If you are interested, there is post where I summarized my issues with the league: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2091423/page/12#p15471196

My impression is that GGG pushed Beastiary to fast. It felt half done. In particular there are many issues related to Quality of Experience. There is another post of mine summarizing my thoughts on that: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2142510/page/1#p15516892
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
I'm disappointed. I really liked Bestiary.
Sadly, you made the right choice. Very good call -way to save your game.
Continue to cater to Millennials to your own demise, ggg. Game is so easy and simplified now compared to 2011. Lvlling isn't that challenging anymore. Challenging bosses require grinding till u can get em.

if the next league is another Breach/Abyss-like, I'm looking to other new ARPG on the market.
I'm so glad that Pokemon league is over and won't make it into core game.
Hopefully next league will be way better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info