Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

"
SgtSoS wrote:

Remove Prophecy as well, GGG.

No WAY!!! What about prophecy chains,atziri reflection,and few others...
Brand X Music,Revolt Production Music,Really Slow Motion,Colossal Trailer Music,Immediate Music,Volta Music,Position Music,posthaste Music,C21FX,Twin Scoring Studio,EpicMusicVN,Imagine Music,Epic Score,Cavendish Music,Gargantuan Music,Atom Music Audio,Audiomachine
No Pain No Gain!!!
"
PromaG wrote:
"
SgtSoS wrote:

Remove Prophecy as well, GGG.

No WAY!!! What about prophecy chains,atziri reflection,and few others...

We can safely do without them.
Damn what's so wrong with absolutely ignorable propercy?!
Honestly,

These braindead slugs get a league that's more than a kill league and they go fucking ape shit, complaining because it isn't specifically a kill league.

It's mighty ridiculous.

Bestiary was a fine league that had great room for growth, even as a tutorial element itself, but it just wasn't casual enough, it wasn't stream-lined enough for people to really appreciate the crafting, and for some reason people didn't appreciate having harder mobs or slowing down the pace even though I as fairly certain that was a popular opinion, THAT THE GAME WAS TOO FAST AND MOBS DIDN'T HIT YOU ANYMORE?

The crafting is the big pay off though, so since that was so staggering it makes sense as to why it wasn't so popular..

I get that. I get it. But the concept is still strong, it's just sad to see that it's going.

I know most people don't think so, but they also don't think, so...
I'd have preferred they add Einhar as a pseudo-master you can have in your hideout like the Prophecy woman and just get rid of the physical menagerie altogether. Have him just open a portal to the ring where you do the fight.
I'd love to see bestiary as core game mechanic in a CURRENT STATE. If you trash some of it, the experience won't be as satisfying as it is now.
I like the idea behind Bestiary, the ability to craft specific item types for early game leveling in a manner a bit more controllable than relying on essences to spawn, as well as a wider variety of specific crafting options. For those willing to put forth the effort, it can be very rewarding, though the monsters at times can be a bit too much for those unprepared for it (frankly this is my favorite aspect of POE though, generally there is something waiting to challenge you and prove your faith in your character to be either deluded or deserved).

I hate to see all the noticeably hard work just get tossed aside, there must be a way to retain such a valuable and often underrated mechanic. The idea mentioned of adding Einhar as some kind of Master would be pretty cool, giving players the option to ignore Einhar capture missions entirely or those who want the additional crafting options the ability to continue pursuing it, with the blood altar being his crafting station that generates a portal akin to master missions when a recipe is chosen (dont have to worry about updating menagerie, recipe balancing can be maintained by having the master level requirements for recipes and controlling what the altar can actually do).
"
Do_odle wrote:
Honestly,

These braindead slugs get a league that's more than a kill league and they go fucking ape shit, complaining because it isn't specifically a kill league.

It's mighty ridiculous.

Bestiary was a fine league that had great room for growth, even as a tutorial element itself, but it just wasn't casual enough, it wasn't stream-lined enough for people to really appreciate the crafting, and for some reason people didn't appreciate having harder mobs or slowing down the pace even though I as fairly certain that was a popular opinion, THAT THE GAME WAS TOO FAST AND MOBS DIDN'T HIT YOU ANYMORE?

The crafting is the big pay off though, so since that was so staggering it makes sense as to why it wasn't so popular..

I get that. I get it. But the concept is still strong, it's just sad to see that it's going.

I know most people don't think so, but they also don't think, so...

No it was an awful league.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Well, while my opinion is biased because I started PLAYING Path Of Exile in the middle of this league, I think that:
->Managing nets was a pain, paying extra for nets was a pain as a new player, when they started costing alchemy orbs.
->Having to time perfectly catching the monster with a net was a pain as somebody who played with fire trap.
Therefore
I would have just taken out the whole net system. Just make them be caught on death. But then what would have been so rewarding about it.
No, I think you guys made the right choice really. Sad to see losing the red beasts tho...
Maybe it could be possible to keep only the red beasts and use THAT for beast-crafting? Just have to fight the red beasts, automatically catch em when they reach 0 hp. That could be cool.
Scrap the whole menagerie, just keep the blood altar, keep fewer beast-crafting recipes. Less restrictions.
That would likely make most folks happy as those are the main complaints about this league.

So, I would suggest: keeping the red beasts, scraping the menagerie(and the limits on how many beasts you can have), having fewer beast-crafting recipes and maybe scraping the net system(just make em be caught on death).

Several other suggestions:
1.As said before, keep Einhar as master, daily mission is something along the lines "Go on a hunt for the First Ones" The more you capture, the more you get experience for the daily mission. Infinite nets. Cannot catch at full health, beasts powerful enough to die in a few hits, not one hit killed. Maybe 2 yellow beasts and a red one for mission?

2.As stated before, bestiary is a HUGE update. Perhaps there could be another PERMANENT league named Bestiary league? After all there is only so much you can add to a mode before breaking that mode.
Last edited by Pumanul on May 10, 2018, 4:01:38 PM
You kill a good core mechanic again with gigantic potential, just like Legacy why ? Because you are sadists. Thats why.

Beastiary was not fine as a league, but would be great as a core mechanic. EVERY streamer told you guys that it feels like standard and as such it would be fine, simply not as a league. But now ? You just kill it. Ridiculous.

Yeah i will keep playing this game, but until beastiary and legacy go core i wont buy a single damn supporter pack or anything, neither will i ever recommend this game to anyone or give any kind of positive review. You dont deserve it.

I hope your servers crash. I hope your code will never compile again. I hope every ; in your code will be replaced by a greek question mark and you wont notice.

That is my honest opinion. And I will not back down from this.
GGG refuses to buff Melee and gives every surivability tool to Spell/Ranged/Minion Builds because they dont play the game or at least melee themself.
[Removed by Support]
-The Truth
Last edited by Geistermeister36 on May 10, 2018, 6:00:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info