Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

The League is nice and the mechanics too but it's not something that should remain as a core thingy, some leagues that have a limited amout of new features like breach are an awesome adding to the standard gameplay but bestiary had a bit of too much expanded content that even considering to keep it in the game would be a mistake IMO, as you said balancing around it would take too much of an effort and other crafting methods would be overlooked by many players.
I think that's a good call, keep up the good work!
Good. It was my least favorite league by far.
"
UndrcvrKiller wrote:
i think the people complaining wasnt new players but older players that complain about every new mechanic

+1
The mechanic itself was pretty boring anyways, so gud ridants.
Keep it. It's not supposed to be all fast-paced garbage race leagues, and this was a change of pace. Collecting shards in Breach was tedious, collecting harbinger maps was tiresome, and the abyssal fissures were boring and also overpowered.

Bestiary was something fresh, something different and people complained about it.

You're right about the balance side of it, and I didn't find crafting engaging at all, which I guess makes the league a flop.
I'll be honest, despite being kinda half baked in a few notable ways, was probably the most interesting league I've seen since I started playing PoE.

The most important thing that it added was a functional crafting system that helped mitigate some of the insane RNG that is what vaguely passes for crafting in PoE. Sure I could run a dozen maps looking for a Str-Int shield and maybe get one or two, or I could run those dozen maps, capture some beasts in them, and then beast-craft five more once I'm done, likely with a fixed useful mod rather than trusting in RNG'sus making every map more valuable.

In addition it provides something that's worthwhile to do during pre-maps as the leveling gear is good for what it was intended for, leveling. Making flasks with fixed mods is always useful, getting some ES early even if you're not going to use it much later, and the 'oh hey I havn't seen a pair of decent bots drop for thrity levels, but I can craft some with movespeed' factor is amazing.

And some of the crafting was busted, being able to target whatever unique class you want might be a bit too good. Being able to craft a 6l armor without maxing Vorci however is a godsend, because seriously. Even as a daily he's a pain, and an utterly required pain to deal with. Making gear with no caster or no attack mods is extremely helpful.

TL;DR Ya, Bestiary was broken in a lot of ways. But the core Beastcrafting mechanic, as an idea for a crafting mechanic, was extremely good. And something to replace or re-implement it should be being looked at.
"
Paldamus wrote:
"
fraggleroc wrote:
I've spent money on the game. Quite a lot more money than on other games.

Not buying supporter packs because I'm seeing that this game is becoming Diablo-3-like with every league.

Just fast-clearing shit like Diablo 3.

No you haven't lol. (70 achievs cmon now). PoE is nothing like D3 and noone is forcing you to play clearspeed builds. Besides how is a crappy league that almost noone liked (bestiary) going to "make the game slower" lol? Get real.

but the game itself is forcing you to play clearspeed builds. if you dont clear fast, you'll never be able to do breaches, rampage or abysses etc. Bestiary's most hated thing was that it slowed the game down by making you stop to throw a net. And now by listening to those whiney wankers, the game has become exclusively a dps-check meta game, because if GGG would ever try something like this again, the complaints will be even worse than they are now.

so just like with D3, GGG is making decisions based on a few loudmounths which will no doubt destroy the game, just like with D3
Thank you.

Let's just pretend Bestiary never happened, as it was PoE's worst expansion ever.

Good riddance.
Thank you and good riddance
So much both love and hate for this Bestiary League.
Anyway, I was one of those who liked the Bestiary League. Not even managed to get half of the Challenges done yet. Doing it very slowly, but I always have some Nets in my Backpack to try to get those Critters. Not an easy task them all are.

One things for sure. I will be finding it very strange not to have Bestiary like I have been used to.
And to see it just vanish? Will be even stranger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info