Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

37 Challenges done I could go for 39 or even 40 why did I stop at 37?

The league was complex and boring if you took out bestiary it was exactly like standard league which is not something I enjoy playing, leagues are supposed to be NEW and FUN.

The reason why Bestiary is considered as a huge failure to most people is the way the implemented it was horrible however most leagues that have come out have been horrible. With patching and GGG's quick hot-fixing leagues become playable after the first week of a 3 month league. The huge problem is Bestiary was buggy, complex, Over-tuned yellow/red mobs (harder than most Map bosses), Rarity of named chase red beasts take the tiger for example never saw it once after 200hours just by me. I had to do it from a party which is just stupid (you can farm Chayula splinters 100 before you find the beast).

If GGG made the league simple and easy to navigate this league would have been successful. Take Breach,legacy,abyss,harbinger

Breach: walk over a point kills monsters, collect 100 splinters put into map device and kill boss.
Legacy: Collect league stones and put into extra tab before map.
Abyss: Walk over a point on the map and follow it kill monsters that spawn.
Harbinger: Engage a ghost that spawns monsters.

Bestiary: Engage beast get to low life then throw next (if your a player will cull throw net then fight beast and hope it collects), Then go into your menagerie pull up a wiki to see what craft you need to do, then go into the Arena and summon beasts. If you look at the above leagues noted so much complex was needed for New players and exists playing.

Over the past 6 months GGG was working on finding and implementing ways of making the game more user friendly to keep players once they have tried new leagues bestiary was the total opposite to that process.
"

I'm sure someone at GGG who is not popular anymore came up with this concept.. or something personal like that. That's how good ideas are being burried at game studios around the world. It takes the wrong person to have a great idea.
\

This is an intriguing idea.

Most of the problems I had with is were superficial (namelocking, nets clogging the loot tables, etc.) or obvious rookie choices (lets add a million useless recipes with no way to organize it or search it... lets have an unavoidable splash screen pop up every time a beast is captured...)

It could have been really fun with an extra two hours worth of work... sad.
I was going for around 30 challenges, but completely lost interest in PoE. Mostly due to Bestiary being so broken, and partly due to the release of the new Battletech game (it's good, but not amazing). Now after being away from PoE for a couple weeks, I can't bring myself to play Bestiary league anymore. I really want to continue, but I just can't bring myself to do so. May be in another week?

At any rate, whenever I took a break from leagues for a while, I always enjoyed coming back. Not with Bestiary.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on May 8, 2018, 6:22:02 PM
no1 please I really don't like bestiary
this made my day, THanks GGG, takes balls to own up to something like this.
Bestiary is great for SSF.
This will probably be my first and only post

Awesome news!

Bestiary was shit, best decision ever!

Well done GGG
Well i am sad that you are taking it away. there was so many cool things that you could do with the bestiary. the aspect gear was great addition. and capturing all the beasts is what kept me playing it till i caught all of them. I dont understand how people complain about having to read a wiki to see what recipes was good, you literally pulled up the bestiary with the h key and it didnt take a lot of brains to realize that creating a random unique was good, or rerolling your stats for just a few beasts was better then buying a divine.

I think that all the work you put in to the bestiary shouldnt go to waste. why not leave it in the core game? Just dont tie challenges to it. I mean it gave you choices out side of the meta builds, as well as gave players that wasnt as lucky the ability to get cool things, like six links, and if you wanted to try hard enough head hunters, white socket crafting, 30% corruptions, unique maps, so many good things.

i think the people complaining wasnt new players but older players that complain about every new mechanic
Basically you realized this was perhaps one of the worst leagues ever made and decided the right choice was excluding it from the core game so everyone can completely forget about it and move on.

Smart move GGG.
good job GGG.
BaronCrovax ign.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info