[3.11] Tesla Cyclone | Destroy the Game | All Content | Super Fast! | Spin 2 Win |

First: thanks for this build!

I was planning on running a fat warchief setup in my weapon, but Vaal Double Strike sounds SO good. I'm gonna give it a shot tonight. I need to know if multistrike will create even more clones.

"
Performs two fast attacks on target enemy with your main hand melee weapon, each of which summons a double of you

Bestiality turned me off PoE entirely and I was hesitant to jump into Incursion, so I'm just now leveling this as my first character. In Abyss I ran a lab farmer that evolved into a Starforge Cycloner (pre-buff Jugg with 241% movespeed whaaaaaaa?!) so this build really appealed to me when I was looking for something to roll. However, in 2500+ hours of game time, I've avoided Scion because everyone I've spoken to has said it's a miserable experience. Either they're bad or this build is just that good--I've been having a great time.

A few notes:
- Budget/early boots: Redblade Tramplers. All day, erry day.
- I think if I had it to do over again, I'd pick up Slayer first. The power of overleech cannot be overstated. I ran a bow slayer in Bestiality and it was so good.
- I'd also grab Vitality Void for leveling with overleech. It's just. So. Good.
- I strongly recommend skipping out on brutality and using WED and Added Fire in the links and running Hatred + HoA while leveling; maybe even doing that until you get the Starforge.
- I've been toying with the idea of dropping Brutality and replacing it with Bloodlust (and adding chance to bleed to warchief/Vaal DS). Doing so would let me run Sin's Rebirth and Atziri's Promise, which takes us over 2mil dps without calculating shock. I'm not sure how it would *feel*, though, which is arguably more important than raw numbers.
- Starforge can shock with phys. You have a 51% chance to shock. I don't think it's unreasonable for you to check the "is the enemy shocked box" in PoB.
- There's no need at all for Resolute Technique if you're willing to pay an alc for leveling weapons. Reaper's Pursuit can't be evaded and I was at 94% accuracy with Rigwald's Charge and otherwise self-found gear at level 44.

edit: PoB link with the gem/gear changes and some very minor rerouting on the Ranger side of the tree. https://pastebin.com/xE6JcKuM
Last edited by MasterWilhelm on Jun 11, 2018, 1:07:20 PM
"
MasterWilhelm wrote:

- I think if I had it to do over again, I'd pick up Slayer first. The power of overleech cannot be overstated. I ran a bow slayer in Bestiality and it was so good.

- Starforge can shock with phys. You have a 51% chance to shock. I don't think it's unreasonable for you to check the "is the enemy shocked box" in PoB.
- There's no need at all for Resolute Technique if you're willing to pay an alc for leveling weapons. Reaper's Pursuit can't be evaded and I was at 94% accuracy with Rigwald's Charge and otherwise self-found gear at level 44.

Agreed with these.

"
levinh07 wrote:
Is it possible to kill shaper with kondo sword and tabula ? I just want to selfound the starforge then invest all money for the chest.

To do that: -

01. Plug in an Enfeeble in your gloves. The +2 corruption will make it rock even harder.
02. Thief's Torment deactivates other rings, the Black Heart is now a cosmetic only.
03. Grab an Abyss belt with cold/lightning/chaos res for this league, I think...it becomes worth it.
04. Put flat life + lightning + chaos res abyss jewels in passive tree to increase the value of Bubonic Trail. You need one of each type: Murderous, Ghastly, Searching and Hypnotic.
Since vaal gems give us the normal version as well, should we just use a 20% vaal cyclone? Or should we use a higher level/quality regular cyclone
"
Kaltxi wrote:
Enjoying the build so far, the vaal double strike shenanigans feel awesome)

Here is the question though - why are we still linking Haste-Vaal Haste-POE if vaal skills now give both basic skill and vaal skill in one gem?

My build was posted in 3.2 (that's why i have 3.3 changes at the beginning)

you either use vaal haste or vaal grace now.

In, short, we are not ^_^

<3
"
MasterWilhelm wrote:

I was planning on running a fat warchief setup in my weapon, but Vaal Double Strike sounds SO good. I'm gonna give it a shot tonight. I need to know if multistrike will create even more clones.

"
Performs two fast attacks on target enemy with your main hand melee weapon, each of which summons a double of you

Bestiality turned me off PoE entirely and I was hesitant to jump into Incursion, so I'm just now leveling this as my first character. In Abyss I ran a lab farmer that evolved into a Starforge Cycloner (pre-buff Jugg with 241% movespeed whaaaaaaa?!) so this build really appealed to me when I was looking for something to roll. However, in 2500+ hours of game time, I've avoided Scion because everyone I've spoken to has said it's a miserable experience. Either they're bad or this build is just that good--I've been having a great time.

A few notes:
- Budget/early boots: Redblade Tramplers. All day, erry day.
- I strongly recommend skipping out on brutality and using WED and Added Fire in the links and running Hatred + HoA while leveling; maybe even doing that until you get the Starforge.
- I've been toying with the idea of dropping Brutality and replacing it with Bloodlust (and adding chance to bleed to warchief/Vaal DS). Doing so would let me run Sin's Rebirth and Atziri's Promise, which takes us over 2mil dps without calculating shock. I'm not sure how it would *feel*, though, which is arguably more important than raw numbers.

edit: PoB link with the gem/gear changes and some very minor rerouting on the Ranger side of the tree. https://pastebin.com/xE6JcKuM

First off, thanks! Glad you enjoy the build <3

Warning: Vaal DS gives me wet dreams. Use at your own risk. I'm still unsure about the MS gem.

The ascendancy rework last league is what really made Scion shine with all the classes now having some great options (for the most part).

A....few...notes? But...I'm obviously a God and have no faults, so I'm skipping this.

*bad joke*

- redblade is pretty nice while leveling however, I did aim to make this as league starter friendly as possible. (still updating the guide on that) I'll either see about adding this into suggested leveling or let you keep it as a personal touch.

- The whole idea of Ranger first was simply movespeed and such and that with sunder and act 9 speed clearing, you'll be ready to pick it up while farming blood aqueducts. So zoom zoom is the game and every little bit helps and you don't really need slayer for that. After you farm up some core items, you can easily pick up the last 2 labs trials and do merc and pick up slayer before doing K'Tvavavava of pain. Just my two cents, but definitely go with what gives you the most fun.

- vit void is more of a see above. Go with that fun fun.

- In this league, I did play with leveling with Herald of Ash with Sunder for a bit in the acts. I didn't hate it at all but once I slapped on that thick meaty brutality, it hardly seemed to matter. I don't really see giving up Vaal Haste (speed mapping) or Vaal Grace (super great evasion) or even the option for Purity of Elements (incase anyone needs that for res transitions as a worth for adding in all that mana reserve for that damage. Brutality is just fine and all phys = most boss damage. Trash will fall regardless.

- Yeah, I tend to agree on the Res Tech. It's mainly there for let's just say "All gearing options/knowledge of the game" as more of a safety precaution for a good opening experience. That was the intent but I think it has caused a bit of confusion in the newer players. I will look to update this as well.

Edited: I took a peak at the passive tree and I really like it. I originally set up the build published tree to make sure everyone had easy access to that aspect of the lynx for Int requirements being handled and having the crit chance but my own tree actually shot up the right side for acrobatics and even had some fun with blood drink up top going into the crit nodes.

I'm seeing that you can still hit the 115 mark (without jewels) and still have the overall option for acrobatics should you choose to take it. It's a happy middle ground. I'm really considering making this the new core tree. Thanks for the time put in and the understanding behind the build.
Last edited by Vashseden on Jun 11, 2018, 5:13:10 PM
"
inhumanshotz wrote:
Since vaal gems give us the normal version as well, should we just use a 20% vaal cyclone? Or should we use a higher level/quality regular cyclone

I <3 Vaal Cyclone. Hitting a breach and slamming it makes me feel a certain kinda way XD
Having a blast with this build. Managed to kill my first ever Elder. Next thing to do it 6 link the armour, but I will make it 3r2g1b because the 4th red costed me 140c+ and still no red socket, instead of maim, which I put in my helmet, I will go with faster attacks.
"
MasterWilhelm wrote:

The way shock works is that the damage bonus it provides is based on how much damage the hit that applied the shock does as a % of the target's total health. This is taken from the wiki: "The base duration of shock is 2 seconds and the damage increase scales relative to the amount of Lightning damage dealt to the enemy's maximum life. Increased damage from shock is capped at 50% at 10% of the target's maximum life dealt by Lightning damage, scaling down to 0% at no damage. Hits below the minimum threshold of 1% effect are discarded,[1] effectively requiring a hit of 0.2% enemy maximum life".

PoB doesn't have a way of calculating or even configuring this increase to damage taken, and instead setting an enemy to "is shocked" in PoB applies a flat 50% damage increase (max possible effect of shock) which is simply not possible for a build like this to apply, due to the nature of cyclone's many smaller hits. Only your totem can apply a moderate shock to bosses if you give it at least a dedicated 5 link setup, and even then it will be nowhere near the 50% increased damage that PoB calculates it as.

So to sum it up, shock is most noticeable on map clearing (enemies haver lower total hp so you deal higher % of their hp per hit) and loses effectiveness quite heavily on boss killing, which is where your dps matters the most. So enabling it in PoB is a very misleading damage gain.
"
MartinD63 wrote:

So to sum it up, shock is most noticeable on map clearing (enemies haver lower total hp so you deal higher % of their hp per hit) and loses effectiveness quite heavily on boss killing, which is where your dps matters the most. So enabling it in PoB is a very misleading damage gain.

No shit. So with Shaper's roughly 20mil HP, we're just barely hitting the .2 threshold when we crit, meaning 1% more damage against him. Against Uber Elder's 500 billion HP it'd be meaningless.

With as much time as my company's paid me to read up on the wiki, you'd think I'd have known that already. Thanks for the knowledge bomb, mate.
"
Vashseden wrote:

[snipped...]
- redblade is pretty nice while leveling however, I did aim to make this as league starter friendly as possible. (still updating the guide on that) I'll either see about adding this into suggested leveling or let you keep it as a personal touch.

- The whole idea of Ranger first was simply movespeed and such and that with sunder and act 9 speed clearing, you'll be ready to pick it up while farming blood aqueducts. So zoom zoom is the game and every little bit helps and you don't really need slayer for that. After you farm up some core items, you can easily pick up the last 2 labs trials and do merc and pick up slayer before doing K'Tvavavava of pain. Just my two cents, but definitely go with what gives you the most fun.

- vit void is more of a see above. Go with that fun fun.

- In this league, I did play with leveling with Herald of Ash with Sunder for a bit in the acts. I didn't hate it at all but once I slapped on that thick meaty brutality, it hardly seemed to matter. I don't really see giving up Vaal Haste (speed mapping) or Vaal Grace (super great evasion) or even the option for Purity of Elements (incase anyone needs that for res transitions as a worth for adding in all that mana reserve for that damage. Brutality is just fine and all phys = most boss damage. Trash will fall regardless.

- Yeah, I tend to agree on the Res Tech. It's mainly there for let's just say "All gearing options/knowledge of the game" as more of a safety precaution for a good opening experience. That was the intent but I think it has caused a bit of confusion in the newer players. I will look to update this as well.

Edited: I took a peak at the passive tree and I really like it. I originally set up the build published tree to make sure everyone had easy access to that aspect of the lynx for Int requirements being handled and having the crit chance but my own tree actually shot up the right side for acrobatics and even had some fun with blood drink up top going into the crit nodes.

I'm seeing that you can still hit the 115 mark (without jewels) and still have the overall option for acrobatics should you choose to take it. It's a happy middle ground. I'm really considering making this the new core tree. Thanks for the time put in and the understanding behind the build.

The, uh, few notes grew a little over a few edits. Hahaha. Thanks for the detailed response.

I'll post when I test multistrike. Long work day today so not much time to play.

YOOOOOO WTF WHY ARE REDBLADES SO PRICEY THIS LEAGUE?! WHAT'D I MISS?! I'm used to them being priced in alterations just a couple of hours into a league. That's the only reason I suggested them! Nevermind on that shit, then.

I feel you. I agree...fun is 100% the most important element to any build. I'd never be so pretentious to expect you to change the guide for my personal preference; was more just sharing my thoughts. As a lab enthusiast, the first time I saw overleech outpacing what I've seen truly massive regen do, I was blown away. It legit made me giggle like a child. No fuckin' clue why. I'm weird.

Just as a suggestion, maybe say something along the lines of "we'll be going right by resolute technique, so if you find yourself without Reaper's or with less than 93% chance to hit, go ahead and pick it up. it's only one point to refund."

FWIW, I dropped sunder as soon as I picked up reaper's. Sunder is played out as fuck. I can't stand it. I got Sin HoA last league in a mystery box and it looks so dope I got a full chub. Had to run it and turned out, it works pretty well with cyclone. When you crit, things explode. 'Splosion's are fun. And pretty.

RE: the tree, YAY! Thanks man. I've spent WAY too much time in PoB and I'm still nervous any time I share an edit to a build, because I assume the OP had a good reason that I'm just not privy to. Crits feel so fucking good in this game, though, and we ended up netting...like, 10% total DPS for 2 points. It seemed like a pretty good payout.

Last edited by MasterWilhelm on Jun 11, 2018, 9:02:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info