What We're Working On

"
FadeXF wrote:

Correct - for your bracket, this league is likely pretty fantastic. (level 69 btw) - which is cool! Your highest character ever is level 90 - and that's also cool... I'm not bashing you - but it makes sense that a way casual player would enjoy this league when they don't really care about maps and end game in the slightest.

Those who care about mapping and actual end game are seeing substantial issues in this league.

For the casual who really just plays to Act10 and is done... or plays SSF - yeah: I can see this being an ok league.

give this man a cookie, I agree +1

I don't understand WHAT crafting you're talking of. 6 screens of trash rares?

In fact when I was looking at Chris's presentation of the league I expected recipes to allow crafting MULTIPLE mods on one item, like +flat phys and %inc phys, and I was really surprised that they didn't work like that
Map drop rate is at an all time low it feels. It feels like it was lowered to the drop rate of the Encroaching Darkness card.
So, rare Beasts are going to a bit harder, now?

Can we do a little something about "Extra Life, Leaching, Regen, Fast, Elemental Resist, <specific> Element Resist, Over-Leveled, Specialized Player-Killer, Where-Would-You-Like-to-Resurrect-This-Time... Beasts" that are standing on top of my current Quest location? Grouped up on top of my current Quest mob? Standing on top of the Portal entrance, slaughtering my golem while I sit there, watching the timer to see how much longer I have left to live?

I remember D3, back in the day, with huge mob affix problems. You'd end up with specialty mobs just like this which were guaranteed to slaughter you. PoE isn't that harsh, since mobs will only chase you for so far. But, combine all these affixes with "Fast" and few people will escape them if they're not over-leveled for the zone/map. As far as netting them... Yeah, not even worth trying - Skip.
"
FadeXF wrote:
"
Tigerlily024 wrote:
I know a lot of people have come to expect fancy piles of loot, and spammy encounters from leagues, and that because this league doesn't have them they don't like it, but I really enjoy this league. I like that I can make what I would normally have to go to the market and buy, or dump a whole bunch of currency on rng. It requires a bit more of a deliberate playstyle, and a bit of tracking of whats going on, but it gives some extra crafting control, that doesn't replace master or essense, but it enhances the options. between all those, I feel like I can make whatever I need, and don't need quite so much luck.

Correct - for your bracket, this league is likely pretty fantastic. (level 69 btw) - which is cool! Your highest character ever is level 90 - and that's also cool... I'm not bashing you - but it makes sense that a way casual player would enjoy this league when they don't really care about maps and end game in the slightest.

Those who care about mapping and actual end game are seeing substantial issues in this league.

For the casual who really just plays to Act10 and is done... or plays SSF - yeah: I can see this being an ok league.

There's always going to be tension between casual players who play for enjoyment and those who consider themselves professional and play for reasons other than enjoyment or relaxation--certainly not bashing those players--it's cool. PoE is already firmly pitched towards high-end map runners, so that if a more relaxed player is able to find enjoyment in the league it's a good thing.

Whenever you think PoE sucks for top players, go ahead over to the D3 forums: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20762286042 where the excitement is at a fever pitch for all the great news, exciting changes and in-depth developer engagement going on over there.

My view is that GGG isn't afraid to try things, stumble and say, oh, that didn't work so well, and attempt to fix it. Which is so rare as to be admirable in a developer. The minute they stop trying different things is the moment the game ends up like D3.
"
bigmark268 wrote:
Map drop rate is at an all time low it feels. It feels like it was lowered to the drop rate of the Encroaching Darkness card.

I would have to agree with you on that. This is the first league where I have actively had to buy most my maps, also having a really hard time solo finding all the trials.

The content pool feels too diluted now; for a semi-casual player at least.
i DONT like bestiary league.

EDIT: thx for destroing market with low level uniques ;(
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

Last edited by Alabamak on Mar 21, 2018, 2:28:20 PM
"
Scryer16 wrote:
Nice work! GGG you also shoud chek the state of PvP, a lot of skills need PvP Value like bear trap, Volotile deth, Kinetic Blast etc, they are too Over power!

neat trolling bro
#BringBackOriginalScionPortrait
#BringBackOriginalAscendantPortrait
#BringBackCruelMerciless
Last edited by potfrr on Mar 21, 2018, 2:43:16 PM
Players: League sucks, mechanics are bad map drops are terrible.
GGG: We'll add red beasts and some recipes
Players: But we have no maps to run
GGG: We'll add some yellow beasts too
Players: {}#$&(#{}#!*!
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Thanks for all the hard work. But I feel that more could be done to fix Disconnects and to be able to enable Multithreading than has been. Staying in the game to be able to play is the biggest thing. Also when attacked by a group of beasts that have a red in there its very hard to target the correct beast. So I have to throw ten nets and hope I haven't killed the one I was really after, if i didn't get it. Maybe a auto target in the red and yellow beast matches( the ones that show up on the map) could be helpful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info