[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

"
evenson wrote:
Wonder how this build will hold up with no shimmerons... back to glacial cascade totems?

until maps do this
lvl33 https://pastebin.com/rDiMe0sc
lvl61 https://pastebin.com/HBem3Vwb
then decide if arc or gc based on your drops through the story
How good must a rare be to be a decent replacementa for Shimms? Wouldn't a well-rolled rare with T2-T3 lightning, flat light to spells, crit, crit multi and maybe cast speed be decent enough? And it's not like it's impossible to get 1-2 really decent weapons with 3-4 of these + craft (whether you drop or buy).

Or am I underestimating shimmerons?
"
rurt wrote:
How good must a rare be to be a decent replacementa for Shimms? Wouldn't a well-rolled rare with T2-T3 lightning, flat light to spells, crit, crit multi and maybe cast speed be decent enough? And it's not like it's impossible to get 1-2 really decent weapons with 3-4 of these + craft (whether you drop or buy).

I was thinking of the same. FWIW I took the PoB link in the build guide and replaced the first wand with the mediocre self found dagger I used with my arc trapper in Incursion event, and PoB shows -1.4% damage for the swap. Seems manageable but obviously I might be missing something here too.

EDIT: I now tried with another PoB and got -23% dps so obviously something was not right with the first check. On the other hand my dagger is not good at all, a more expensive one could get closer to Shimms.
Last edited by Calumet on Aug 30, 2018, 5:07:00 AM
"
Calumet wrote:
"
rurt wrote:

I was thinking of the same. FWIW I took the PoB link in the build guide and replaced the first wand with the mediocre self found dagger I used with my arc trapper in Incursion event, and PoB shows -1.4% damage for the swap. Seems manageable but obviously I might be missing something here too.

Shimmeron really shine if you use 2 of and 6 power charges.

1 Shimmeron (my end game setup last league) can be matched by a rare spell dagger/wand (use PoB spell dagger/wand as a template).
Last edited by Gegemo on Aug 30, 2018, 3:29:02 AM
Seems like new crafting system isnt that good for weapons.
So for SSF you might end up picking every dagger/scepter/wand and may be shield for gear progress.

On a good note new passive tree seems give us better (imo) option to get to extra totem through Holy Dominion and Light of Divinity, and path to Celestial Judgement buffed a bit aswell, So it's a solid option VS Heart of Thunder in terms of getting extra penetration.

Speaking of penetration: if you damage good enough for speed clearing it might be good thing to replace it with other support gem and use vaal impurity of lightning for map bosses, probably with increase duration: 10-12 sec should be enough to nuke boss with zero lightning res. Since after palcing totems/using vaal arc we dont have much to do anyway.
Is Shimmerons still good for this build? There is a huge nerf on it with the Delve Update.
"
Kewrdy wrote:
Is Shimmerons still good for this build? There is a huge nerf on it with the Delve Update.

Shimmeron's will no longer work with this build. You'll need very very good rare wands or possibly void battery's to come close.
You all seem like it's the end of the world, but arc is still great right ? Now we just have to look for a good right hand weapon.
can some check dmg change with out shimerons and with like 1ex worht rare wands or viod batterys?
How do i level now when the nodes in the skilltree has moved around? Its my first totem character, and i would like to see points at level 30 etc. Should i rush ancestral bond, since i plan to go arc+spell totem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info