[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

I switched from glacial cascade to arc and i like it, but can someone explain to me why to use elemental focus instead of something else, wouldnt the ability to shock be stronger than ef?
"
BloodyAgent wrote:
I switched from glacial cascade to arc and i like it, but can someone explain to me why to use elemental focus instead of something else, wouldnt the ability to shock be stronger than ef?

Normally shock would be better, and your 6L would probably be efficacy or crit damage but high life pool bosses will not be shocked. In the latter case Elemental Focus is the best. During mapping your damage will be more than enough.

TL:TR
Use EF because the DPS is enough during mapping and is the best support gem for high life pool bosses.
Hey !
I've never done totem build and yours seems really interesting...

However, do you think that as a league starter a glacial cascade totem build might be stronger to play ? Because it requires less gear to be strong, and it's what you aim for at a start of a league.

I'll try yours anyway tho
"
antoinem25 wrote:
Hey !
I've never done totem build and yours seems really interesting...

However, do you think that as a league starter a glacial cascade totem build might be stronger to play ? Because it requires less gear to be strong, and it's what you aim for at a start of a league.

I'll try yours anyway tho

I did this build as a league starter. Just use Tabula Rasa until you can buy or craft a 6L Mantle.
The rest of the gear are cheap.

The only exception could be Shimmeron. With the new traps and totem still fascinating it could be quite pricy.
Last edited by Gegemo on May 17, 2018, 11:38:04 AM
I just hit 59 with this build. I don't have all the gear yet, and I have skipped a few nodes going for some extra stuff to help level. I had a Mantle already and it is a 6sl, but only 4l atm. It is still working ok. I am still going through the acts, but it just melts things. I actually used the twigs (whatever they are called) until I hit 59 then I switched to Moonsorrow. They have a lot of physical, good spell damage increase, lightning, cast speed, etc. I had those already as well. Jumped my dps up a bit, which was good. Kinda sucks the blind won't work all that much as the socketed gems are the movement and golem. I too am using Volkuur's Guidance, as I also had those. For boots I am using Stormcharger, which are working fine, not as fast as others but they work ok. I might have to change things up when I finish all acts and have to fix resists again though.

If I knew how to link the items in here I would have, I am still pretty new to the game, just over a month or so. Still figuring things out.

I also have Carnage Heart as a necklace. Not sure how leeching works with totems so I may not be getting any benefit from them.

Thanks for the build though, really fun to play.
"
Taluntherat wrote:
... I also have Carnage Heart as a necklace. Not sure how leeching works with totems so I may not be getting any benefit from them.

Leech would be applied to totems (useless because you will recast them if they die).
Moreover the leech offered from that amulet is "physical attack damage" and our spell totems don't attack.
Have fun :)
You have Phase Run on two items. One behind a CWDT and another on your movement item. Don't you have to cast it with your movement item? I am using LW as movement instead of FD. Just curious how the Phase Run comes into play.

Thanks
"
Taluntherat wrote:
You have Phase Run on two items. One behind a CWDT and another on your movement item. Don't you have to cast it with your movement item? I am using LW as movement instead of FD. Just curious how the Phase Run comes into play.
Thanks

I use self-cast phase run to move from pack to pack. It's not optimal because we cast quite often totems and this stops phase run (that has also a long cooldown).
I use flame dash when phase run is on cooldown or for moving over terrains.

Lightning warp would be the best but for my play style it put me in dangerous situations:
- It crit quite often while at full power charges and with diamond flask up. This get me killed few times (Shimmerons + monsters hits).
- While moving from pack to pack I occasionally warp into them, quite unsafe.

In the end it's just a matter of personal preference.
I hate FD and phase run isn't reliable but at least this solutions are safer than LW :)
Yeah, I am not a fan of FD either, I like LW, but I may have to change if I encounter the issues you mention. I am 30 or so levels from having to worry about it, well maybe a little less. I will be able to start mapping soon, but it will be early mapping and I will still have 20+ points to gain in order to finish out the tree. I have 4 totems at the moment and nothing much survives all that long. I noticed the Phase Run on the CWDT isn't firing so might be something up with it, either that or it's duration is so short I am not even noticing it.
What Pantheon did you take?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info