[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

"
Karkesh wrote:
Better pathing on the right side of Witch. www.poeurl.com/bTKx

Lose 10 int, gain 10 dex and 10 str for easier stats on gear.

That's totally different. You lose a lot more than just stats:
- Throatseeker (crit multi)
- Crackling speed (crit multi, cast speed, light damage)
- Written in blood (life)
- Doom cast (crit chance)

and if you want those nodes, from your path, you will spend 1 more point (that you can invest in Alacrity or Physique if needed).
Sorry, I mixed up the level 89 tree with the 90 passives tree, hence didn't see you were going for Doomseeker etc. Disregard my recommendation, it's worse :)
Does anybody know how high/low the dropchance of Shimmeron is? I am doing GC Totems in Flashback SSF and would love to swap to Arc Totems at some point as they have much higher clearspeed. So I was wondering if it makes sense to farm Elder for a bit. I tried making a tree for Arc totems without Shimmerons.

I tried adjusting the tree (less PCs, more spell crit) but it looks like Shimmerons are pretty much needed to make Arc totems feel good to play with. So I will only switch if I get one or even two of them.
"
Mecielle wrote:
Does anybody know how high/low the dropchance of Shimmeron is? I am doing GC Totems in Flashback SSF and would love to swap to Arc Totems at some point as they have much higher clearspeed. So I was wondering if it makes sense to farm Elder for a bit. I tried making a tree for Arc totems without Shimmerons.

I tried adjusting the tree (less PCs, more spell crit) but it looks like Shimmerons are pretty much needed to make Arc totems feel good to play with. So I will only switch if I get one or even two of them.

For my experience it should be a quite possible drop. It dropped 2 times out of ~15 fights (Abyss + Bestiary). This is not a statistics.
"
Gegemo wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

For my experience it should be a quite possible drop. It dropped 2 times out of ~15 fights (Abyss + Bestiary). This is not a statistics.

Alright, thanks! Will try to get my hands on at least one :D I think one alone will already be enough to do red maps quite comfortably as long as my second wand is good too. And farming Elder gives me a purpose while mapping, that is always nice.

So as soon as I get one I will respec. Counted only ~20 passives that are different between GC and Arc so I can always go back if it doesn't work
Last edited by Mecielle on May 9, 2018, 1:17:39 PM
Since Shimmerons are like 3ex or so a piece in flashback, would Moonsorrow or a decent rare wand suffice for me to map for a while?
"
mittuot wrote:
Since Shimmerons are like 3ex or so a piece in flashback, would Moonsorrow or a decent rare wand suffice for me to map for a while?

As I mentioned above, I tried to make a tree for this without Shimmerons. Best I could come up with:

http://poeurl.com/bTWX

Pretty much just don't take the Power Charges and don't go to he scion life wheel. Instead take the spell crit nodes. You will end up with less life and a good deal less damage. But for mapping it should easily be enough for up to T10. Maybe even higher. Just make sure both your wands/Sceptres have spell crit. Or use Doryani's Catalyst. But I assume they are expensive too in Flashback.
Hey there, awesome build! Will be looking at this for the upcoming league in June...quick question on leveling though. Would it be beneficial to level with sunder until 30 to make it easier/quicker? Not sure how the low leveling would work out as a league starter. Thanks in advance!
I made this character a few days ago, in act 5 now. just link arc to spell totem in a 4l asap and self cast firestorm. It's been a breeze. I'm using a tabula in flashback so it wont be available at league start without being lucky but it should be fine still. get normla lab done ASAP as it makes a huge difference being able to get a second totem out. I went into normal lab at 27 ( i had the tabula by then but was 5L)and I completed it no problem, came out at level 31 lmao.

I do have a question of my own on this build. at what point is soul mantle better than a tabula assuming the soul mantle is not 6L
Last edited by DotsandDashes on May 12, 2018, 1:49:33 PM
"
IrJunk wrote:
Hey there, awesome build! Will be looking at this for the upcoming league in June...quick question on leveling though. Would it be beneficial to level with sunder until 30 to make it easier/quicker? Not sure how the low leveling would work out as a league starter. Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I have no experience in attack levelling setup.

"
DotsandDashes wrote:
...at what point is soul mantle better than a tabula assuming the soul mantle is not 6L.

Some numbers with my actual items:
6L tabula: ~132k DPS (4 totems)
5L mantle: ~137k DPS (5 totems)

You will probably notice the difference only vs really hard bosses (guardians, shaper etc...). In this cases, if needed, you can still switch to LT.

I would still use tabula until a 6L mantle.
Last edited by Gegemo on May 12, 2018, 5:10:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info