[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

I always dislike leveling self cast, even though everyone says it's faster than leveling with totems. Just a personal preference thing.

If I plan on getting ancestral bond early, would you recommend picking up the other totem nodes early as well? And would you say a different spell would be better than arc to level with?

Thanks for all the work you put into your guide, it definitely shows!
"
BenDurane wrote:

Gegemo says shimmeron damage goes to you and not to totems.
Bex says shimmeron damage goes to traps and not to you.

I'm totally lost :(

In my head totems are same as traps/mines, they work different.
So if shimmeron damage not going to totems, why not?

Man, i wish english were my first language, sadly it's 3rd :/

No, he's saying that neither you or the totems take any damage from Shimmeron. There is no downside to Shimmeron with totems because they cannot gain power charges.
"
kisdjbug wrote:
All crit works with Totem or just Global Crit Multiplier?
Or i could find Spell power/Lightning dmg+ Amu?

Can i update some items,maybe shaped gloves with added faster cast

Shaped gloves with faster casting would be perfect (socket there arcane surge setup). You can change all rare items in whatever you want. I would use those unique though.

"
BenDurane wrote:

You misunderstood my post.
Shimmeron text is: "400 Lightning Damage taken per second per Power Charge if YOU have dealt a Critical Strike Recently"

Totem are different entities from you. Shimmeron will not apply any damage to you nor to them because you are not dealing any critical hit.

The damage from shimmeron will occur to you, if you deal a critical hit to an enemy, for example using a movement skill (flame dash or laghtning warp).

Sorry if this is still not clear. English isn't my first language too.
"
Awesotastic wrote:
I always dislike leveling self cast, even though everyone says it's faster than leveling with totems. Just a personal preference thing.

If I plan on getting ancestral bond early, would you recommend picking up the other totem nodes early as well? And would you say a different spell would be better than arc to level with?

If I would go for fast Ancestral Bond I will probably take all the totems node before transitioning to Shadow area.
I will stick to ARC. With the recent changes should be really good for the whole game.
"
Gegemo wrote:
"
kisdjbug wrote:
All crit works with Totem or just Global Crit Multiplier?
Or i could find Spell power/Lightning dmg+ Amu?

Can i update some items,maybe shaped gloves with added faster cast

Shaped gloves with faster casting would be perfect (socket there arcane surge setup). You can change all rare items in whatever you want. I would use those unique though.

"
BenDurane wrote:

You misunderstood my post.
Shimmeron text is: "400 Lightning Damage taken per second per Power Charge if YOU have dealt a Critical Strike Recently"

Totem are different entities from you. Shimmeron will not apply any damage to you nor to them because you are not dealing any critical hit.

The damage from shimmeron will occur to you, if you deal a critical hit to an enemy, for example using a movement skill (flame dash or laghtning warp).

Sorry if this is still not clear. English isn't my first language too.

Now i got it.

Thanks for clear it up :)
"
Awesotastic wrote:

Same for me, I also prefer leveling with Arc + Arc totem until getting Ancestral Bond -> then fill all reachable totem nodes -> not picking power charges until after Mer-lab (no way to gain charges before that, anyway) -> fill life/mana nodes then go for spell crit/crit-multi nodes in Templar/Witch areas -> only go for last Power charge on Shadow side once I have access to x2 Shimmeron.

For gearing, I thing this build is pretty flexible:
all rares until Blood Aqueduct -> farm tabula rasa (card drop + buy cards with currency - should take 2hours if lucky) -> finish main quests -> start mapping -> all rares + tabula rasa should be enough for self-farming Shimmeron (assuming can farm 1x Shimmeron and have currency to buy another one by the time you loot 1) -> play safe to reach lvl90 -> tree finished here -> get better gears -> try to spawn Uber Elders and kill them.
About Uber Lab, it really depends on how good the single target damage of Arc is without Shimmerons, if it is not good enough, I prefer doing it after getting Shimmerons, last 2 points are not really needed as long as I play it safe while mapping
Just my idea, hope it helps
Last edited by koros on Jun 1, 2018, 12:50:19 PM
"
koros wrote:
"
Awesotastic wrote:

Same for me, I also prefer leveling with Arc + Arc totem until getting Ancestral Bond -> then fill all reachable totem nodes -> not picking power charges until after Mer-lab (no way to gain charges before that, anyway) -> fill life/mana nodes then go for spell crit/crit-multi nodes in Templar/Witch areas -> only go for last Power charge on Shadow side once I have access to x2 Shimmeron.

For gearing, I thing this build is pretty flexible:
all rares until Blood Aqueduct -> farm tabula rasa (card drop + buy cards with currency - should take 2hours if lucky) -> finish main quests -> start mapping -> all rares + tabula rasa should be enough for self-farming Shimmeron (assuming can farm 1x Shimmeron and have currency to buy another one by the time you loot 1) -> play safe to reach lvl90 -> tree finished here -> get better gears -> try to spawn Uber Elders and kill them.
About Uber Lab, it really depends on how good the single target damage of Arc is without Shimmerons, if it is not good enough, I prefer doing it after getting Shimmerons, last 2 points are not really needed as long as I play it safe while mapping
Just my idea, hope it helps

Marvelous post. I will add this to levelling section.

Have fun guys, see you in few hours :)
Reserved 3.3
You say in your guide that you will use vaal arc does that mean u swap out arc completly for vaal arc if you find it?
"
nds2 wrote:
You say in your guide that you will use vaal arc does that mean u swap out arc completly for vaal arc if you find it?

ARC/Vaal arc will be the same gem. From 3.3 patch note:
"Vaal skill gems now also grant the base version of the skill at the same level and quality as the Vaal gem. For example, a Vaal Burning Arrow skill gem now grants both the Vaal Burning Arrow and the Burning Arrow skills."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info