[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

I'm keeping this build as my backup plan, in the (fairly likely) case that my experimental support build disappoints me.
Le Toucan Will Return
How much does this differ from Mathil's Arc Totem build/guide?

Just wondering since I plan to play SC so if this is more focused on HC/higher survivability or not.

I very much prefer to follow written guides like this rather than a video guide like Mathil's so hoping for some quick input before the league start.

Thanks
"
frost21 wrote:

Just wondering since I plan to play SC so if this is more focused on HC/higher survivability or not.

I very much prefer to follow written guides like this rather than a video guide like Mathil's so hoping for some quick input before the league start.

Thanks

ITEMS:
- Mathil use a rare chest that gives him life, resist and some DPS.
- I use Soul Mantle that give serious DPS and some minor QoL.
TREE:
- Mathil went for Scion life wheel and Totemic Mastery resulting in more life and QoL.
- I skipped those nodes because inefficient (I'm not saying they are bad, just inefficient) resulting in less life and more offensive tree.

TL:TR
Defensive option: Mathil items + Mathil tree.
Offensive option: Soul Mantle + my tree.
Middle way: Soul Mantle + Mathil tree.
"
Gegemo wrote:
"
frost21 wrote:

Thanks

ITEMS:
- Mathil use a rare chest that gives him life, resist and some DPS.
- I use Soul Mantle that give serious DPS and some minor QoL.
TREE:
- Mathil went for Scion life wheel and Totemic Mastery resulting in more life and QoL.
- I skipped those nodes because inefficient (I'm not saying they are bad, just inefficient) resulting in less life and more offensive tree.

Defensive option: Mathil items + Mathil tree.
Offensive option: Soul Mantle + my tree.
Middle way: Soul Mantle + Mathil tree.

What about 4th option? -> Mathil items and your tree?
Still middle way but Soul Mantle is the best choice as chest.

If you need more life than my build I will choose the path to scion wheel + soul mantle instead of Mathil's items + my tree.
What do you think about replacing elemental focus for increased critical damage and gaining shock? Too inconsistent compared to the straight damage boost from EF?
"
tungzk wrote:
What do you think about replacing elemental focus for increased critical damage and gaining shock? Too inconsistent compared to the straight damage boost from EF?

Normally shock would be better but high life pool bosses will not be shocked. In the latter case Elemental Focus is the best. During mapping your damage will be more than enough anyway.

Use EF because the DPS is enough during mapping and is the best support gem for high life pool bosses.
saw this on reddit....What do you think guys?:

TOTEMS DO NOT ADD TIME WHEN HITTING ARCHITECTS

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8nw70g/totems_do_not_add_time_when_hitting_architects/

i dont have time for clear anything too...
How this compares to glacial cascade totems?
Endgame bosses, map clearspeed, etc?

And why not lightning golem?
Thanks

IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Jun 2, 2018, 9:11:08 AM
"
Valmar wrote:
How this compares to glacial cascade totems?
Endgame bosses, map clearspeed, etc?

And why not lightning golem?
Thanks

I played GC Totems last league and reached level 90. Playing Arc Totems now and it behaves differently than GC. GC often ignores walls and is more forgiving when it comes to totem palcement, but I feel like Arc will have much better clear once I hit maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info