[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

Hey! What do you think about dropping the clear mind and actually using Haste gem from the Vaal Haste? I imagine you'd suffer a bit of survivability loss due to the mana reservation, but it would help with general mapping QOL I'd imagine.

GLHF with the start tomorrow!
Why no Totemic mastery?
"
Sombra1337 wrote:
Don`t we need Kikazaru rings to counter the curse effects of Soul Mantle?

warding flask takes care of it
Best skill or best way to level this build?, and when is the best moment or minimum level to go full totems and stop self casting?
"
yissus wrote:
Best skill or best way to level this build?, and when is the best moment or minimum level to go full totems and stop self casting?

I've been doing freeze pulse + fire totem and rushing ancestral bond in some practice runs. I swap to arc totems as soon as I can and rush ancestral bond (level 16 I think). Right now in 3.2 it's passable but the low chain limit and single target starting off is pretty weak, but in 3.3 both of those will be fixed. I see no reason rushing ancestral bond and going totems all game won't work.
Last edited by darklcd on May 31, 2018, 11:47:30 PM
"
darklcd wrote:
"
yissus wrote:

I've been doing freeze pulse + fire totem and rushing ancestral bond in some practice runs. I swap to arc totems as soon as I can and rush ancestral bond (level 16 I think). Right now in 3.2 it's passable but the low chain limit and single target starting off is pretty weak, but in 3.3 both of those will be fixed. I see no reason rushing ancestral bond and going totems all game won't work.

Agree, can just play anything (for fun) until getting AB :) After getting AB then do Normal Lab, everything should be a cake then :D

What you could do:
- Calculate what level you will get AB (from PoB,ect...)
- Google "Quest Reward poe" -> check the available gem list for your class and decide what skill you want to play before AB -> Play it :)

My plan in 3.3:
- Play anything until I get AB -> 2 Arc totems + Clarity -> MoM -> fill the nodes from Templar area first -> do Normal Lab at around Lvl30+ -> 3 totems -> things should be easy now -> slowly fill the Witch side -> aim toward the Shadow side -> Uber Elders at or after 90 -> stop playing until their mom shows up in the next league (no point to play after UB because I guess the new content is about gear farming, but you don't really need better gears ... ppl did UE with Arc pre-buff in 3.2 already)
I might go this as HC starter, u think it would work well?
"
SlowJelly wrote:
Why no Totemic mastery?

Only useful if you want more life for totems, because going that route (to pick Totemic Mastery
) will waste many points.
Only thing you should care about is Uber Elders, but your totems will just die from a hit or 2 in that fight, so picking more totem life doesn't really help :)
That's what I can think of, but if you test it on PoB, you can see:

Without TM vs Wih TM:

DPS: Much Higher >< Lower

EHP: Approximately the same, a few hundreds more life won't save one from bad play

Totem life: Lower >< Higher: but you summon totems so often, and your totems die so often - that you won't really notice the difference :) Placing them away from packs and out of boss AoE is a better approach, imo.
I'm considering this as a starter but I'm a bit worried about the price of Shimmerons for the first week or so. So many people will be playing Arc Totems (or others that benefit from Shimmeron) after the buffs that I'm thinking the prices for it will be really high. The soul mantle is already one expensive piece (potentially, may get lucky linking).

Is there a solid replacement wand that can run red tier maps fine that is cheaper? Just a rare?
I'm curious if there's alternatives to shimmerons as well as I like to zoom zoom shield charge or whirling blade. I think some top GC totem builds last league used a rare dagger/mace and a shield.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info