[3.2] The Blue Man(a) with Purple Skills -- 934k Tooltip ED, now with deathless Uber Elder video!

"
Rhaegar_G wrote:
"
Coil1 wrote:
Gonna be real surprised if indigon escapes 3.3 unscathed.

I am really worried if they don't nerf it what will happen with these new trap abilities.

Seismic, Flamethrower and Siphoning Trap are all duration based spells. That means there are even more options for Indigon post 3.3 if it isn't changed.

From the tooltip plus the values they gave for 10 effected targets at gem level 20, it looks like 165 flat life regen and 8 mana regen is granted per each siphoning trap.

By stacking duration, traps thrown, and cooldown recovery you can get to 14k life regen and 4k mana regeneration. If Indigon enables a spell like siphoning trap to actually do damage, then its a huge problem.

Siphoning trap is actually frontloaded so you get a lot more regen from the 1st enemy than from each subsequent. Check the gem on the incursion page.

It's only a lv1 gem but if the ratio is still the same at lv20(5:1 1 enemy vs each subsequent enemy) then the lv20 gem gives 9 mana regen(9/5x9+9=25.2) This is slightly more than half a lv20 clarity, a bit more than your estimate, and it's obviously per trap. I'm not too familiar with trap builds in general so I'm not sure how many of these you can get out at any given point nor is it clear if it will have 3 charges frontloaded like lightning and fire trap do.

I'd be way more interested in how much regen you can get from this on a boss because trickster already gets an obscene amount of regen while clearing.

You think chill effect might be worth looking into since it guarantees a chill? IIRC there's only a few chill effect nodes on the tree and 1 of them is in a cluster we definitely dont want.

https://pastebin.com/8ku3HeMy This is the tree I've made up for it. It's basically the same as we use for ED but it cuts the marauder mana cluster and a couple other things so it can get the 2nd skill effect duration cluster, arcane chemistry, and the chill effect nodes.
Last edited by Coil1 on May 17, 2018, 8:47:39 AM
"
Coil1 wrote:
"
Rhaegar_G wrote:
"
Coil1 wrote:
Gonna be real surprised if indigon escapes 3.3 unscathed.

I am really worried if they don't nerf it what will happen with these new trap abilities.

Seismic, Flamethrower and Siphoning Trap are all duration based spells. That means there are even more options for Indigon post 3.3 if it isn't changed.

From the tooltip plus the values they gave for 10 effected targets at gem level 20, it looks like 165 flat life regen and 8 mana regen is granted per each siphoning trap.

By stacking duration, traps thrown, and cooldown recovery you can get to 14k life regen and 4k mana regeneration. If Indigon enables a spell like siphoning trap to actually do damage, then its a huge problem.

Siphoning trap is actually frontloaded so you get a lot more regen from the 1st enemy than from each subsequent. Check the gem on the incursion page.

It's only a lv1 gem but if the ratio is still the same at lv20(5:1 1 enemy vs each subsequent enemy) then the lv20 gem gives 9 mana regen(9/5x9+9=25.2) This is slightly more than half a lv20 clarity, a bit more than your estimate, and it's obviously per trap. I'm not too familiar with trap builds in general so I'm not sure how many of these you can get out at any given point nor is it clear if it will have 3 charges frontloaded like lightning and fire trap do.

I'd be way more interested in how much regen you can get from this on a boss because trickster already gets an obscene amount of regen while clearing.

You think chill effect might be worth looking into since it guarantees a chill? IIRC there's only a few chill effect nodes on the tree and 1 of them is in a cluster we definitely dont want.

https://pastebin.com/8ku3HeMy This is the tree I've made up for it. It's basically the same as we use for ED but it cuts the marauder mana cluster and a couple other things so it can get the 2nd skill effect duration cluster, arcane chemistry, and the chill effect nodes.

Yeah I included the frontloading when calculating regen, with some further passive tree modification, I was able to take it to:

11.2 duration siphon

1.36 cooldown

7 * 1.92 traps thrown per throw

11.7 for 9 secondary targets 6.3 primary regen on level 1 siphoning trap

Assuming the rates are fixed as the gem levels, ~33% of recovery comes from the primary target

We have been given 500 regen as a value for 10 targets and 1 trap at gem level 20

500 * .33 * 7 * 1.92 * 11.2 / 1.36 = Regeneration to life = ~18,262

25 * .33 * 7 * 1.92 * 11.2 / 1.36 * 5.79 (manaRegen) = Regeneration to mana = ~5,287

Calculation for 1 throw on 1 target is ~2.2k regeneration + 20% of 2.2k per target

I'm pretty sure no matter how little damage it does, the fact that over 8 rounds of 13-14 traps are active will make it viable.

https://pastebin.com/01HRqrsf

Arcane chemistry is a good idea, I'd sooner cut the shadow nodes and call it a L95 build.

I don't think chill effect is really required, since it is not specified as per the rules (which aren't always followed in this game) it should be a 10% slow, meaning a cluster like fingers of frost only adds 2%. I do think that people will be squeezing hypothermia in more builds now that this thing exists. (Hypothermia modifier on helmet)
Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
Last edited by Rhaegar_G on May 17, 2018, 8:58:03 AM
If the chill effect really is only 10% then, yea, chill effect wont be worth it. I was thinking it would be 30% or something. My first mistake was thinking that cluster would finally be useful for something lol.

Yea, trap looks insane for regen. I'm not too concerned about the damage. The damage at level 1 compared to Explosive trap, for example, is quite decent. What would we do to keep mana costs up for clear/ramp-up? I suppose we'd just use one of the no-cd traps, yea? We'd be able to ramp up a lot faster than with ED since, afaik, it's easier to get trap throwing speed than it is to get cast speed.

I'm envisioning a setup where we put siphoning trap in a pair of shaper gloves w/ Trap Cooldown on them and Explosive/Lightning/whatever the best spammable trap is in our 6L. Explosive trap with the new combustion gem would mean easy procs for Patient Reaper. It doesn't have the high ignite bonuses other skills have so I'm not optimistic that those ignites will actually do damage. Could probably go Harness the Void over Prolonged Pain if Siphoning Trap is just a regen mechanic for bosses? Explosive trap even has in-built conversion to really abuse Harness. Not sure what options we have for further conversion that're worth the investment. Could use Sin's Rebirth as our stibnite too if we can spare the flask suffix.

Also I realized when I looked at your pastebin that I totally forgot about ele overload lol. Gonna miss the flask nodes in the ranger area, I wont lie. Hmm, are you sure on saboteur? We lose a ton of mana/attack speed/dodge. Sab even reduces the mana cost of traps a lot so ramp-up is longer. Also no mana recovery watcher's eye? I don't think tinkerskin is worth it over cloak since we're already cutting life nodes as it is. We'll see how it works out but I'm not sure stacking this much cooldown recovery is worth it.

6 unstable payloads? Seems good for siphoning trap but for damage wouldn't a jewel with % mana be better? I have to imagine if we're getting so much flat regen we'd need even more max mana to abuse it.

Trying to get a shaper belt with mana recovery AND cooldown recovery speed monkaMEGA
Last edited by Coil1 on May 17, 2018, 10:34:14 AM
"
Coil1 wrote:
If the chill effect really is only 10% then, yea, chill effect wont be worth it. I was thinking it would be 30% or something. My first mistake was thinking that cluster would finally be useful for something lol.

Yea, trap looks insane for regen. I'm not too concerned about the damage. The damage at level 1 compared to Explosive trap, for example, is quite decent. What would we do to keep mana costs up for clear/ramp-up? I suppose we'd just use one of the no-cd traps, yea? We'd be able to ramp up a lot faster than with ED since, afaik, it's easier to get trap throwing speed than it is to get cast speed.

I'm envisioning a setup where we put siphoning trap in a pair of shaper gloves w/ Trap Cooldown on them and Explosive/Lightning/whatever the best spammable trap is in our 6L. Explosive trap with the new combustion gem would mean easy procs for Patient Reaper. It doesn't have the high ignite bonuses other skills have so I'm not optimistic that those ignites will actually do damage. Could probably go Harness the Void over Prolonged Pain if Siphoning Trap is just a regen mechanic for bosses? Explosive trap even has in-built conversion to really abuse Harness. Not sure what options we have for further conversion that're worth the investment. Could use Sin's Rebirth as our stibnite too if we can spare the flask suffix.

Also I realized when I looked at your pastebin that I totally forgot about ele overload lol. Gonna miss the flask nodes in the ranger area, I wont lie. Hmm, are you sure on saboteur? We lose a ton of mana/attack speed/dodge. Sab even reduces the mana cost of traps a lot so ramp-up is longer. Also no mana recovery watcher's eye? I don't think tinkerskin is worth it over cloak since we're already cutting life nodes as it is. We'll see how it works out but I'm not sure stacking this much cooldown recovery is worth it.

6 unstable payloads? Seems good for siphoning trap but for damage wouldn't a jewel with % mana be better? I have to imagine if we're getting so much flat regen we'd need even more max mana to abuse it.

Trying to get a shaper belt with mana recovery AND cooldown recovery speed monkaMEGA

Hmm I wouldn't compare it to Explosive trap, you have to look based on equivalent leveled gems which deal DOT, like searing bond or something. I suspect that the damage will be quite awful, but having 110 dots applied plus Indigon seems silly anyway. You'll really want the Trap support on gloves because it adds +1 trap thrown (not shown in POB) which is basically +2 when stacking clever constructions.

It is actually impossible to play anything other than Saboteur with traps, Trap Radius scales awfully unless you spend like 10 jewels on hair trigger + all the AOE off the tree. Chain reaction is that important, unfortunately.

Yeah, the belt is stupid as fuck. I probably won't be playing this exactly, but just a seismic crit build instead that happens to abuse siphon for a free 7k regen.

By the way, Patient Reaper only requires that an enemy effected by a dot, die. The dot doesn't have to be the thing that kills it.

https://pastebin.com/u6dbdxbE is a reasonable approximation of seismic average hit per explosion. Even with all the investment the damage seems pretty poor. Even blowing all traps immediately results in only 1.9 million damage. The true way to get the most out of the 8s cooldown, duration, aoe traps may be to attempt to use many of them.

I will probably try an alternate version which does not use unstable or Multitrap and see if the damage is comparable.

Explosive looks pretty interesting, but I really hate anything which isn't a duration spell in this game. https://pastebin.com/q0D5NGYQ I don't think it will overlap consistently, and even with the 4 bonus hits it seems weak.
Last edited by Rhaegar_G on May 17, 2018, 10:53:38 AM
Alright, I'll trust your judgement that sab is that important since I've never played traps before.

Yea, I was aware that patient reaper didnt require the dot to kill. Was just saying it wont do dmg so we cant do stuff like prolif for better clear.

Seismic Trap seems rather poor for clear since its coverage is meh at best and it wants cast speed. Explosive Trap, while not being duration, is no cooldown and only asks for spell damage and trap throw speed. We would need a no cooldown trap for clear/ramp up our mana costs, no? Lightning Trap is a tried and true clear speed trap.

Your pastebins dont have indigon; I was under the impression this was all under the assumption it would be with indigon.
Last edited by Coil1 on May 17, 2018, 11:14:22 AM
"
Coil1 wrote:

Your pastebins dont have indigon; I was under the impression this was all under the assumption it would be with indigon.

I'm not doing an Indigon build as a new league start, by the time one's available it'll be easy to spend regrets to swap. I don't think I'd ever be willing to play Explosive Trap with Indigon the AOE is about a tenth of Seismic.
"
Rhaegar_G wrote:
"
Coil1 wrote:

I'm not doing an Indigon build as a new league start, by the time one's available it'll be easy to spend regrets to swap. I don't think I'd ever be willing to play Explosive Trap with Indigon the AOE is about a tenth of Seismic.

How do you know that? We haven't seen anything of explosive trap other than the lv1 gem.
Last edited by Rhaegar_G on May 17, 2018, 11:30:16 AM
"
Coil1 wrote:
"
Rhaegar_G wrote:
"
Coil1 wrote:

How do you know that? We haven't seen anything of explosive trap other than the lv1 gem.

Its been played in a skill preview video. Looking at it again, its probably closer to a twentieth, because explosive has cluster traps, and seismic has nothing. https://youtu.be/ounb0OoC0Qk?t=2m52s
Ah, I see. Well, hopefully Lightning Trap is good with the buffs since I've leveled with it before and it was very smooth. Explosive Trap definitely just looks like something you use for leveling and nothing else with an aoe like that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info