[3.2] The Blue Man(a) with Purple Skills -- 934k Tooltip ED, now with deathless Uber Elder video!

Creative build, but why did that hydra kill took a million years with huge ass ED tooltip DPS? Isn't scorching ray just an all around better alternative?
"
Knuckledust13 wrote:
Creative build, but why did that hydra kill took a million years with huge ass ED tooltip DPS? Isn't scorching ray just an all around better alternative?

Scorching Ray stutters as mana is expended beyond the limit. This stuttering means that sometimes damage is not applied at all. I prefer Essence Drain for the self regen, pack clear and low maintenance. I talk a bit about the latter in the mechanics of playing Indigon in "Playstyle", the fast cast rate and short stack time of SR makes it very difficult to utilize with an item that forces decelerated button presses.

If I do not dodge attacks, I can do the fight in 30 seconds, which is reasonable. I have added a GIF at the top of the build page showing this.

P.S. I actually tried SR first. I really wanted this to be SR instead of ED, but here I am.
Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
Last edited by Rhaegar_G on Mar 19, 2018, 6:08:20 PM
Loving the build so far! Everything works together so well. It must've taken a while to test everything, so kudos to you. My question is: what do you think about using a 6-link blight set up for bossing? I tried it on a few t15 bosses last night and it melted them pretty quick when everything ramped up.
It totally works, but has a long ramp up time. IMO it requires swapping in a 3rd Fevered Mind to scale the principal cost.

I would only do it for T16+ content. For things below, you can run GMP Essence Drain and Brightbeak with Dying Sun instead of a life flask.

Alternatively, you can have Pledge of Hands Firestorm in offhand for boss damage. It sounds silly but does more than a prefectly geared WI build.
Last edited by Rhaegar_G on Mar 19, 2018, 7:29:02 PM
"
Rhaegar_G wrote:
It totally works, but has a long ramp up time. IMO it requires swapping in a 3rd Fevered Mind to scale the principal cost.

I would only do it for T16+ content. For things below, you can run GMP Essence Drain and Brightbeak with Dying Sun instead of a life flask.

Alternatively, you can have Pledge of Hands Firestorm in offhand for boss damage. It sounds silly but does more than a prefectly geared WI build.

Dang, never even thought about PoH. Gonna give that a try! Thanks.
"
Jamibl wrote:

Dang, never even thought about PoH. Gonna give that a try! Thanks.

I recommend only using it as a swap. Staves are very restrictive. Fortunately 21 Firestorm is 1c this league!
This build is so smart it's mind-melting.

This is the best put together build idea I've ever seen in this game (in terms of like smartness and item/mechanic interaction) and I've been playing for like 3-4 years.

-You have basically 50% less damage taken at all times (30 mom, 10 jewel, 10 armor) and your nutty mana regen allows this protection to be up almost all the time.
-Ontop of this you have permanent 6% reduced damage taken (trickster ascendancy)
-If this weren't enough you got a retarded 15k/sec life regeneration
-And the best and highest damaging ED at around 1mill.

As far as your dps calculation goes, you got 6340% or something at max, but I believe this is a bit off as realistically you can only reach about half of this before the stacks start falling off, and as a matter of fact I tried your PoB link and inputting around 3200% instead of the 6000% gave exactly 900k ED tooltip which is what you advertise so I believe that's probably the average to high end scenario of what's actually possible.

Still, this is absolutely insane. I just made my own version of ED/contgation and its a joke compared to this :(

I wonder if there are any other spells in the game with some other hidden mechanics and maybe another ascendancy that would work with this helmet.

Either way, good job. I've been trying to come up with an einstein-level smart build like this since I started playing but always fail at it.
"
I wonder if there are any other spells in the game with some other hidden mechanics and maybe another ascendancy that would work with this helmet.

I tried Inquisitor and Heirophant. Both are strictly worse. Heirophant is actually better, because skills like Flame Totem are able to do tons of damage to bosses. Way more than essence drain. However, the clear is worse than a melee build from 2014.

POB is an interesting thing, if you have Wither or Hinder toggled, those are two 1.5 multipliers, which is around 2.25x damage. When adding the offensive curse which is in POB, it is even more.

I have deselected these things, selected targets against normal monsters (Which should be what tooltip approximates) and ended up with something eerily close to what I see in game.

Here is the result: https://pastebin.com/e4cUqbY0

Thank you for your kind words! I think my favorite part of the build is the avoidance, which can be taken significantly higher.
Last edited by Rhaegar_G on Mar 19, 2018, 9:31:27 PM
What is the blue circular spell effect that appears on the ground in the GIF?
"
neurotech wrote:
What is the blue circular spell effect that appears on the ground in the GIF?

Contagion is the large bright blue one, wither is the smaller bright blue one, and the light blue one is vortex.
Last edited by Rhaegar_G on Mar 19, 2018, 10:33:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info