[3.2] The Blue Man(a) with Purple Skills -- 934k Tooltip ED, now with deathless Uber Elder video!

"
Coil1 wrote:
Ah, I see. Well, hopefully Lightning Trap is good with the buffs since I've leveled with it before and it was very smooth. Explosive Trap definitely just looks like something you use for leveling and nothing else with an aoe like that.

Yeah, I will probably just use it for leveling. I'll probably try scrapping Tinkerskin at some point and running 5L boots (duration) and 5L helmet (immolate/trap&mine damage or more ele essence) and try running all 3 of the duration based traps, cutting down on cooldown recovery speed in exchange for having multiple traps and being able to dump them all at once for bosses. I could also use a well rolled Shaper Dagger as a pseudo 6 link.
Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
Last edited by Rhaegar_G on May 17, 2018, 11:37:12 AM
I have 7.5k mana. i know im missing some nodes from the tree being only lvl 83 but can you check my gear out and tell me why i can only ramp up to about 190k tooltip?? thank you. btw im loving the build i just wanna know why it seems im not getting near the damage you are.
Did you elaborate on Omeyocan somewhere in the post other than saying it's bad in your sig?

Also what's so good about the Zerphi neck exactly? I get that Shock would be strong but I cant imagine the ignites would do much considering spell dmg doesnt affect it. Not to mention we're giving up a really important slot for mana/mana regen.
Last edited by Coil1 on May 22, 2018, 12:37:39 AM
"
Coil1 wrote:
Did you elaborate on Omeyocan somewhere in the post other than saying it's bad in your sig?

No, I just don't think they're worth using for the avoidance they grant. If they gave 190% mana, it might be a different story, but 7% of pool/second is a very substantial damage and/or durability reduction. I even stopped switching to Atziri's Steps on this build after doing Uber Elder a few times, because the damage loss was too severe. It extended the fight, and that was worse than taking more damage.

"
Coil1 wrote:

Also what's so good about the Zerphi neck exactly? I get that Shock would be strong but I cant imagine the ignites would do much considering spell dmg doesnt affect it. Not to mention we're giving up a really important slot for mana/mana regen.

I don't think any of the uniques are good in any build. The exception is Zerphis. While Soul Eater is active, it is normally impossible to gain souls for the Vaal skill. However, with Chill of Corruption, Sacrificial Harvest or Flesh and Spirit it is easy to get enough souls for a vaal skill every 10 seconds while mapping.Vaal Spectral Throw even has multiple uses, is relatively useless in its current state, and has a very low soul count.

It will be most helpful for people with attack based movement skills with no cooldown who have at least 167 off-attributes. I suspect attack based Ascendants with Slayer and Trickster (for overleech + life recovery rate increase) will use Zerphis the most, because the attribute requirement is less of an issue.

The other mods are at best okay right now, but with the current existing chaos conversion/added chaos items it will be hard to see a tangible benefit to damage. Right now, the only way to apply a 50% more damage taken shock with an arbitrary amount of damage is to play Elementalist with Beacon of Ruin and shock effect increases equal to 150%.

As for my problems with the other ones, the sword is too slow, the non-upgraded version the Helmet is better than the upgraded one, the trapper gloves are an abomination compared to shaper ones, and the belts mod is already tripled. (can't get +3 endurance charges)

That being said, this league looks like it could still be the best one ever. I have stumbled upon something which could be as hilarious as GC mines.
"
I have 7.5k mana. i know im missing some nodes from the tree being only lvl 83 but can you check my gear out and tell me why i can only ramp up to about 190k tooltip?? thank you. btw im loving the build i just wanna know why it seems im not getting near the damage you are.

Probably the belt + levels, sorry its been a while since I've played but 10 levels makes a substantial difference on the build. IIRC some of the mana nodes are equal to at least 200 spell damage after your gear is done. Getting the Indigon spell roll to 60% will help too.
Last edited by Rhaegar_G on May 22, 2018, 8:57:34 AM
This build is so OP. Love it.
With 40% increased ED damage i got around 1.3kk at UberElder and did him in 2 mins or so without any problems. This damage is unbelievable. Hope this build would be ready for 3.3 and i would find again this enhant (or buy it, it costs money however).
It's better than RF at UberElder.
Thank you for sharing.
"
TheWayItWas wrote:
This build is so OP. Love it.
With 40% increased ED damage i got around 1.3kk at UberElder and did him in 2 mins or so without any problems. This damage is unbelievable. Hope this build would be ready for 3.3 and i would find again this enhant (or buy it, it costs money however).
It's better than RF at UberElder.
Thank you for sharing.

I would honestly use almost any other helm enchant. 40% inc dmg is a tiny tiny dps increase. Shield charge attackspeed, clarity mana reservation, contagion area of effect(if it gets you another radius), increased wither duration, despair curse effect(probably the highest dps enchant even vs boss curse resistance) so many better options.
Has anyone looked at putting a transcendent viridian jewel in the spot above Herbalism? It looks like it would give 8% movement speed and +105 flat mana...
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Jun 4, 2018, 11:59:32 PM
im a little confused about the cloak of defiance

according to the wiki they removed the "1% of Mana Regenerated per second" at patch 3.0
"10% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life" was apparently also removed.

but you used it in the bestary league.
Did thy removed only the mod description?
"
Camatoo wrote:
im a little confused about the cloak of defiance

according to the wiki they removed the "1% of Mana Regenerated per second" at patch 3.0
"10% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life" was apparently also removed.

but you used it in the bestary league.
Did thy removed only the mod description?

The cloak is exactly how he posted it in his build. The description on the wiki can be a little confusing. The part where the 1% and 10% from mana are "removed" are the Legacy variants. Back then it didnt have those mods.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info