[0.10.2] The Hand of God - Let's go on Crusades !

Ok it's time for some changes.

- I finally got a 5L chest, and, indeed, putting a lifeleech permits to put a relly usefull enfeeble curse on the mobs, instead of the warlord's mark. Thank for the tip.

- Spectres are now more efficient than i thought earlier. The fact that you can begin a map with 2 good minion is a good thing, and you can always have them up as the mana cost is ridiculously low (40 mana).

- I ran with purity, which is now still low level, so i don't really feel the difference for now, but it allowed me to respec the 2 point for +30 all res when holding a shield, and getting inner force, which is a really really good buff.

Ill edit the OP with those new things.
IGN - Elyzim
Ever since I took DB as a secondary from my standard facebreaker build,I have considered making an entire build around this hilarious skill.

On my phone so I can't check the tree, but would you say minion life is kind of pointless in the build? I imagine the most dangerous thing to your minions is the duration timer. Major bosses like Gravicious tend to vaporize my minions in an instant anyway, so I don't think an instant three times as long will make much of a difference.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
gilrad wrote:
Ever since I took DB as a secondary from my standard facebreaker build,I have considered making an entire build around this hilarious skill.

On my phone so I can't check the tree, but would you say minion life is kind of pointless in the build? I imagine the most dangerous thing to your minions is the duration timer. Major bosses like Gravicious tend to vaporize my minions in an instant anyway, so I don't think an instant three times as long will make much of a difference.

Hi =)

As long as there is a regeneration source (life leech or regen from totems), hp on dominated monster is important to keep them alive.

Most of th time the timer kill them. But sometimes, for example a double boss map, they really need those hp and regen to survive the longest they can. Therefore, as I now summon spectres, p is still usefull on them too. In my opinion, it's far from being pointless.
IGN - Elyzim
I will update the build with the new talent tree tomorrow !
IGN - Elyzim
I didn't follow the same pathway as you, but this has to be the most fun i've had with any build. Thanks for inspiring a revamp of dominating blow. Love getting those auras from dominating fiends. Can't die, super fast, super energy shield. Always a new experience.
Updated ! Well this is now a big matter of choice, and I want to give a chance to Master of the Arena, if it can help to survive more and more !

With this nex path, we can get an easy berserking + acceleration, which leads, with faster attacks, to 2 Attacks per seconds ! Allelujah ! (because of the 0.50 seconds debuff, which basically means that dominating chance on mobs is near 100%).

Else, this new build gets less hp 283% vs 313%, but it gives more armour and the hp regeneration is amazingly increased from 2.9% to 5.4% !!

Edit : trying to see where is can remove points for getting leather and steal. Because 2 points for 32% armor + 32% Evasion (on Grace) + 14% movement speed is invaluable.
IGN - Elyzim
Last edited by PinkPingPenguin on Mar 8, 2013, 6:33:22 PM
6% atk spd from Kraitynb vs the 12% damage boost from Oak.

Which is more preferable?

As for where to get 2 SP, bu that point in terms of straight gear, you can give up diamond skin and 1 8% life node near the spectres to get leather and steel.
IGN: Troheim

Item Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368180
Last edited by evantide2 on Mar 8, 2013, 9:26:52 PM
Just a note:

Facebreaker gives xxx% MORE physical damage, not "increased", making it a true multiplier. So those +x% increased physical damage nodes are complimented, not subsumed, by Facebreaker.
IGN: Totemofo
"
evantide2 wrote:
6% atk spd from Kraitynb vs the 12% damage boost from Oak.

Which is more preferable?

As for where to get 2 SP, bu that point in terms of straight gear, you can give up diamond skin and 1 8% life node near the spectres to get leather and steel.

Considering this physical buff is the ONLY true physical buff we have in the game, this represents a true 12% DPS increase, whereas the 6% attack speed represent a 6% dps increase at best, and a little less if we already have some attack speed boosts (the increases are additive as far as I know)

So, Helping oak on cuel will always be better than helping Kraitin.

For L&S, this is a matter of gear. If I actually can remove diamond skin because I have enough resistances from my stuff, I'll do it, for sure.

"
lordbadguy wrote:
Just a note:

Facebreaker gives xxx% MORE physical damage, not "increased", making it a true multiplier. So those +x% increased physical damage nodes are complimented, not subsumed, by Facebreaker.

You are false, Sir. Just try it. They are strictly additive, even with the Strength

Maths Alert

With my current stuff my base damage are 4-15, which already counts my strength (380 with meginord).

When I equip my gear i have :

Ring1 : 7 to 11
Ring2 : 9 to 15
Amy : 10 to 16
Meginord : 10 to 20

Which basically adds 36 to 62, for a final 40 to 77 damage, corresponding with the Character sheet.

First, as w can see, items which adds Physical damage aren't counted with the Str bonus, because the Str increases MELEE damage bonus, and actually PoE doesn't know, when unarmed, if we are range or not.

That explains why Bandits 12% Physical bonus is so good, it's because it counts the physical plain bonuses given by the stuff too (rings, amys and meginord).

I have a 985% Facebreaker, and 77% Bonus from Str and MotA (+8%), which gives 1070%

When i equip facebreaker, my dmg goes up to 431 to 832, so :

- 431/40*100 = 1077 % (the difference comes from it's not exactly 40 base damage but 40.x)
- 832/77*100 : 1080% (same here for the difference).

We can conclude melee physical bonuses are additive with the Str, and with Facebreaker

Even if i respec and i remove MotA (-20 str -8% dmg = -12% dmg), i have 428-822 dmg :
- 428/40*100 = 1070% (-7%)
- 822/77*100 = 1067% (-13%)

Again, the little differences are observed because with str the base numbers ae real and not integers (I used them as integers to simplify calculation).

It Doesn't change the fact that it seems melee physical dmg passives and str are simply in addition with facebreaker, and aren't multiplicative.

IGN - Elyzim
Last edited by PinkPingPenguin on Mar 9, 2013, 5:58:44 AM
Any thoughts on going duelist with the new tree change? Attack speed would be much higher, and there would still be a lot of health nodes available. Only real issue would be how late you would get Resolute Technique, and you would really be stretching to get there.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info