[0.10.2] The Hand of God - Let's go on Crusades !

About bandit quest: helping Oak for +12% phys dmg is not worth to take?What do you think?
"
storm3 wrote:
About bandit quest: helping Oak for +12% phys dmg is not worth to take?What do you think?

Very good question, and this is where I need someone's else feedback about this. First of all, i didn't take the bonus, because i was thinking i would apply like the melee damage passive, so only considering the base attack damage (give no more than 6-7 to dps...).

After i killed oak for the skill point, i realised that maybe it could take the total physical damage with facebreaker, and that i would be a super buff for us i had missed.

So the answer is I don't know, i need someone else to take the buff and come back to say if it's more valuable than a skill point.

PS : Added a new video at lunaris temple + piety (with problems =)). It shows you a more energical gameplay with haste aura + tentacle + burned miscreation.
IGN - Elyzim
Last edited by PinkPingPenguin on Mar 4, 2013, 3:50:36 AM
"
"
storm3 wrote:

Very good question, and this is where I need someone's else feedback about this. First of all, i didn't take the bonus, because i was thinking i would apply like the melee damage passive, so only considering the base attack damage (give no more than 6-7 to dps...).

After i killed oak for the skill point, i realised that maybe it could take the total physical damage with facebreaker, and that i would be a super buff for us i had missed.

So the answer is I don't know, i need someone else to take the buff and come back to say if it's more valuable than a skill point.

PS : Added a new video at lunaris temple + piety (with problems =)). It shows you a more energical gameplay with haste aura + tentacle + burned miscreation.

im at Oak @ Cruel atm,ill be your test rabbit.
dps with facebreaker before oak,unbuffed: 733.8
dps without fb before oak,unbuffed: 88.2
dps with facebreaker after helping oak,unbuffed: 795.0
dps without fb after helping oak,unbuffed: 93.6

My Facebreaker has a multiplier of : 976%

so i think its pretty much worth to take

Good, so it counts the bonus given by facebreaker ! Let's change the OP.

Thank you for the test Storm3 ! Putting your name somewhere ;)
IGN - Elyzim
"

The skills :

- Dominating Blow + Increased duration + Blood magic + Speed Attacks (+ Rarity/Quantity/Fire damage/Minion life).
+ Determination + Hatred + Reduce cost[/u]

- Warlord's mark : You will need the life leech to attack with dominating blow/bm. Or maybe you could control the thug in the pools and streams who will cast it for you ? =)
- Keep a frenzy/manaleech somewhere, if the mob has really a bunch of hp and you don't have tons of minions.

Couldn't you instead run a Life Leech support gem on Dominating Blow? Then you could use a better curse (like Vulnerability/Punishment for more killing, or Temporal Chains/Enfeeble for more defense) as your attacks would heal yourself, and as a fun little bonus all your minions from it would be healing themselves as well.
Why no purity or raised spectres?

Spectres would give you map support, especially if you grab 2 from an earlier area then go running around.

Purity would massively increase survivability vs magic because +5% max res with inner force.

Personally, I was thinking:

Gloves: Purity + Haste + Hatred + Reduced Mana
Helm: Raise Spectre + Raise Zombie + Minion Damage + Minion Life
Boots: Anger + Wrath + Enfeeble + Blood Magic
Shield: Skeleton + Totem and Rejuv Totem
Chest: Dominate + Increased Duration + Faster + Blood Magic + Life Leech and Lightning Warp
IGN: Troheim

Item Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368180
Last edited by evantide2 on Mar 4, 2013, 4:39:57 PM
Good post and guide Pink. I am the counter unarmed though, haha. I use Infernal Blow. I posted in the other thread, but I am at level 65 Hardcore about to face Piety. Very viable late game. My hp is now about 4500 with 5300 dps.

My build requires one-shotting whites and 2-3 shotting blues. I use enfeeble to reduce about 27% damage. This is like 5-6 endurance charges with one cast. Much more efficient. I also reduce incoming damage with every one shot. So instead of taking damage for a large mob for 5 seconds before killing anything, I've already reduced the incoming damage by 7-8 monsters.

Don't be afraid to stand in there. The more there are, the more get hit by Infernal Blows fire damage and even blues get one shot.

Skip the armor, get a granite flask. Skip the endurance charges, get enfeeble. Load up on elemental resists.

Skip the +melee physical damage on the passive tree. This only applies to your base melee physical damage. This is before facebreakers and other mods. The +12% physical damage from Oak, however, applies after facebreakers mod. So if you have 50 base phys dmg, +melee phys dmg on passive tree will increase this amount. Facebreakers does not mod this increase.

Anyway, this is a very fun build and a true melee build.
"

Couldn't you instead run a Life Leech support gem on Dominating Blow? Then you could use a better curse (like Vulnerability/Punishment for more killing, or Temporal Chains/Enfeeble for more defense) as your attacks would heal yourself, and as a fun little bonus all your minions from it would be healing themselves as well.

Hi !

This is a good idea, indeed. I'll wait a 5L to use it, because for now faster attack is a really good buff, but yeah, life leech seems to be better than what I initially proposed. Thank you !

"
evantide2 wrote:
Why no purity or raised spectres?

Spectres would give you map support, especially if you grab 2 from an earlier area then go running around.

Purity would massively increase survivability vs magic because +5% max res with inner force.

Personally, I was thinking:

Gloves: Purity + Haste + Hatred + Reduced Mana
Helm: Raise Spectre + Raise Zombie + Minion Damage + Minion Life
Boots: Anger + Wrath + Enfeeble + Blood Magic
Shield: Skeleton + Totem and Rejuv Totem
Chest: Dominate + Increased Duration + Faster + Blood Magic + Life Leech and Lightning Warp

Hi =)

As I said a little above spectre are really bad compared to the dominated monsters. You can use it when you missed a mob (failed to db it) but i really wasn't amazed by the result, when i tried it before.

Purity is a good idea, now that i just have inner force.

The skeletotem isn't really good because they don't do any dps, they interfere with the db-ed monsters, and i don't have enough mana to cast it :D

I haven't tried with zombies, ill take a look on it. Ty for feedback
IGN - Elyzim
"
teddybrew wrote:
Good post and guide Pink. I am the counter unarmed though, haha. I use Infernal Blow. I posted in the other thread, but I am at level 65 Hardcore about to face Piety. Very viable late game. My hp is now about 4500 with 5300 dps.

My build requires one-shotting whites and 2-3 shotting blues. I use enfeeble to reduce about 27% damage. This is like 5-6 endurance charges with one cast. Much more efficient. I also reduce incoming damage with every one shot. So instead of taking damage for a large mob for 5 seconds before killing anything, I've already reduced the incoming damage by 7-8 monsters.

Don't be afraid to stand in there. The more there are, the more get hit by Infernal Blows fire damage and even blues get one shot.

Skip the armor, get a granite flask. Skip the endurance charges, get enfeeble. Load up on elemental resists.

Skip the +melee physical damage on the passive tree. This only applies to your base melee physical damage. This is before facebreakers and other mods. The +12% physical damage from Oak, however, applies after facebreakers mod. So if you have 50 base phys dmg, +melee phys dmg on passive tree will increase this amount. Facebreakers does not mod this increase.

Anyway, this is a very fun build and a true melee build.

Thank you =)

IGN - Elyzim
I was asked in the other thread to post my build. Here it is.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwCcQSzFE0VIBZvGS4ZhRo4HRQkqiftKk0s6TWGNuk6szrhPC0_J0p9TP9N41BQVElVxlhjWfNfP2EhZp5noGz2bqpyqXgNerh82Yd2iPGMz49GkFWdqqIAplenhKlurFmsqq6Tr2y18rc-uc253b6KwBrE9sWKxq7G2M9l0NDUj90N4urjaudS52PvDvAf8i_yRfZI-tL8xf4K_o8=

It is a straight life build. Nothing complex about it. Only pickup Resolute Technique. No other keystones. Never 2 or 3 points from life. I think I at like 340% +life. I am now 1 more point away from 3 nodes of life and 2 more from 5 nodes. If I get one more piece of life gear, this could push me to 6500 hp.

As far as gear:

Gloves: 956% facebreakers
Belt: Meginords
Helm: Tricorne - use it for the cannot be shocked. Very useful for me as lighting damage does not stack on me.
Chest: Just got a 5L Sun Plate. Boosted damage by 1k dps. It only has 41 life but has tri-res. Not a good +armor roll either.
Boots: Must get 30% movement speed with life and a res. Movement speed is crucial in this build.
Shield: Daresso's
Amulet: 10-20 phys damage
Rings: 14-28 phys damage with 119 life total

I use Purity and Hatred. I'm trying Vitality right now but probably need a little more mana so I don't get drained when casting enfeeble.

My end game build is to get 7k hp which I hope to get by level 77. Then I am 3 points away from a 5 node 42% fire damage cluster which should increase my damage to 6k+dps. Or if I find the right gear I can load up on regen and another life node.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info