[0.10.2] The Hand of God - Let's go on Crusades !

I can confirm the awesomeness of melee splash. Having DB proc on 3 or more guys at once is great. My minions also have the splash damage on their melee which I feel makes them more effective when they're in packs. I ended up using the slot faster attacks was in so my dps is quite a bit lower but I'm using frenzy for single target now.
That's cool.

One thing I found when I tested melee splash with heavy strike on my mace templar was it was pretty awesome, but I missed the single target DPS of heavy strike. A solution I haven't tried yet is using 2 heavy strikes, one with splash for AOE and one without for single target.

Slots are limited on a fb build, but one possibility could be using two different db skills, instead of frenzy for single target.
Hello guys !

It's been about a month I haven't been on the game. I finish exams at the end of this week and i'll maybe be able to come back a bit for updating the guide, trying out melee splash and other stuff.

Thank you much for keeping this fun thread up =)
IGN - Elyzim
"
hokieneer wrote:

Slots are limited on a fb build, but one possibility could be using two different db skills, instead of frenzy for single target.

Yeah with the limited slots I'm not sure I could pull off having a viable second DB. For the moment I've taken my melee splash off as the cost was getting outrageous and was outpacing my leech/regen. I really want to use the skill I just need to figure out how to use it without killing myself heh.

"
Hello guys !

It's been about a month I haven't been on the game. I finish exams at the end of this week and i'll maybe be able to come back a bit for updating the guide, trying out melee splash and other stuff.

Thank you much for keeping this fun thread up =)

Thanks for the build PinkPingPenguin. I really loved reading through it and how detailed it is. Some people post their builds and leave it minimal with just some skill links and a passive tree but it really helps seeing exactly what the creator did and how they put everything to use.

So thanks again and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the new gem(s).
"
ZenOgre wrote:

Yeah with the limited slots I'm not sure I could pull off having a viable second DB. For the moment I've taken my melee splash off as the cost was getting outrageous and was outpacing my leech/regen. I really want to use the skill I just need to figure out how to use it without killing myself heh.

I have Melee splash with DB and it is awesome. I am kicking around lvl 43 and having very little trouble with the life leech. I picked up a perandus shield (3% Leach), and have two rings with combined life leech of four. I have 7% life leech and haven't even placed Life leech gem support gem yet (that comes when I can use my 5L). I have still one slot open for an ammy with Life leech, so it can only get better. Unfortunately, you really need to gear your stuff towards Physical damage with life leech- but it can be done. if my life starts to dip, I hit my granite flask and ease up on the DB and just go with normal single punches until my life gets back up, then go with DB and MS.
RAAAAAAAA!

(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ǝ︵ o︵ d

I'm out.
Is this still a viable build?

Does melee splash and multi strike make it any better? If so, should there be any changes to the passives?
Last edited by xBaSiikz on May 4, 2013, 11:37:47 AM
Wow,
I have very similar build but started as a Witch. I made a guide because I thought that nobody plays Dominating Blow. See my guide and some useful info about abuyssus and other things.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/356123
ing: Storm_Gaze
Got pointed here from Reddit, and this build looks promising (despite being a bit outdated), as I've always wanted to make a DB character but didn't exactly know how to get started.

A few questions though:

1. Melee Splash on DB is great, but does it give splash to the converted minions as well? If so, then the build's clear speed would jump even higher with monsters wrecking everything in an AOE.

2. Why don't you use Conversion Trap to start out your army rather than face tanking mobs to use DB?

Last edited by Shottymaster on Sep 8, 2013, 9:13:56 PM
I want to revive this!

I made an amateur attempt at rebuilding the skill tree.

Rough Draft 1!
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3UjxkuJ-3ZYfPdrKpXDXKpWfORzvuqfNnAGqC0Zp6QVfrSp4RwfRcvNukdFBo4qZWAVmTnhtEkquNqj0ZMNew4GjJPfVXWJLAZhacI0NAoxTrYUWCApBps2Qu4k5uhz2Xzvi3SpqwqmOvu99dVxohAKPrMvBZvgscQl4Vg0_v56EQEqsSofUGHWpG3Pv4K52OI8axZNZK18m6qSsg_J1-YWW0dvtrd8kU64aZXTeP-j_Iv

Attribute Summary

Spoiler

+252 to Strength
+54 to Dexterity
+144 to Intelligence
+112 to maximum Mana
+206 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 53
+5 Maximum Endurance Charge
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
4% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
210% increased maximum Life
2.9% of Life Regenerated per Second
You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes
+2% to maximum Fire Resistance
+2% to maximum Cold Resistance
+2% to maximum Lightning Resistance
22% additional Chance to Block with Shields
Your hits can't be Evaded
Never deal Critical Strikes
55% increased Defenses from equipped Shield
12% increased Radius of Auras
+20% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield
16% reduced Mana Reserved
28% increased effect of Auras you Cast
3% increased Effect of Buffs on You
12% of Block Chance applied to Spells
Minions have 50% increased maximum Life
Minions deal 105% increased Damage
+12% to Chaos Resistance
40% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
24% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
+22% to all Elemental Resistances
45% increased Skill Effect Duration
+28.8% Energy Shield
+50.4% increased Melee Physical Damage
+108 Accuracy Rating
10.8% increased Evasion Rating

Summary generated from PoE Skill Tree Planner from poetools.com

Any thoughts?
Last edited by UnderworldSkull on Nov 14, 2013, 12:14:17 PM
can someone explain why OP is wearing no weapon? I mean a shield isnt 2-handed so why not wear a one-handed weapon?

@Underworld: The treebuild from OP isnt working anymore (only first and second one works) so I can compare only like 50% but you did a good job. The difference I see is here:
http://puu.sh/5jAWZ.jpg
where you went to the lifepart around and not straight through so you have less life earlier but you waste less points in the end so its good I guess. (sry I am noob, but the advantage should be clear)
but why didn't you picked the lifepoints there:
http://puu.sh/5jBcF.jpg
The Build is basically a tank+minion-build so isn't it NOT a waste of points if you spend 3/4 points on armour?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info