[0.10.2] The Hand of God - Let's go on Crusades !

"
Xanarot wrote:
You come across the reduced mana reservation passives at the marauder section. Why not pick them up?

With those (total of -10% mana reserved) and a maxed mana reduction gem, you can run Hatred (30% cost) AND 3 of the following: purity/haste/determination/vitality/tempest shield.

Since you use blood magic gem, mana isnt needed anyway. So you can add something like determination (+50% armor aura) or vitality (regen aura - aoe heal for minions?) for 'only' 3 passive points. Should greatly help your minions to stay alive for their maximum duration.

Also, especially towards Hatred/Added fire, funny things start happening to your damage setup when you have both equipped. Imagine the following:
Hatred - up to 25% of damage added as cold.
Added fire - up to (max quality assumed) 54% of damage added as fire.

You are looking at up to 79% of physical damage added as elemental damage - excluding whatever wrath/anger/gear adds for elemental damage.

Say you deal 100 physical damage per second with say 1.41 attacks per second (1 base, +41% from selected passives).
Physical melee damage is +59% (lvl20/qual 20 melee physical damage gem) => +59 dps.
Elemental damage is 79% of 100, so 79 elemental damage (cold and fire based). +90% (lvl20/qual 20 WED gem) => +71 dps.
Faster attacks is +54% (lvl20/qual 20).. well, the attack is 1/second, as you gain already gain +41% from passives and Haste , this becomes 1.41. Adding the gem makes it 1.95 attacks per second, so dps wise you 'only' gain 38 dps.

Reason that faster attacks behaves differently, is that physical melee damage gem is 'more' type and as you dont have Elemental Damage sources, WED acts in a very similar fashion.

So.. perhaps you should consider playing arround with elemental damage a bit, see how things affect eachother. May very well be that, due to synergies with things you already picked, faster attacks and going unarmed isnt the best option for your build down the line. Quite possibly, a faster 1.2-1.35 weapon (note: also gives 3 more gem slots!) will net a bigger gain in damage and speed than expected.

"
What do you mean exactly ? What kind of buggs ?

As i said, cant find back the GGG post. Believe one of them recently said, +physical damage from sources like rings doesnt benefit from all +physical% increases. Would explain the 'issue' with calcuation vs actual you guys got.

Hey great post ! Thank you. I'll try to discuss some points.

About the auras. It's seems to be a good idea. But I see 2 problems :
- I don't know what 3 points i'll remove.
- Even if I take aura mana reservation decrease and do what you suggest, I'll end up with about 10% of max mana, so about 60 right now. I use my mana to curse, put rejuv totem, and escape with lightning warp. I think it won't be enough mana to sustain those uses.

About added fire. Unarmed base attack speed is 1.20, and I'm really far from having 41% attack speed bonus. for now i have 9% (haste), and I'll have +12% in a bunch of levels. So my actual 42% faster attacks gives me 38% dps, right now. I could have a higher dps with added fire damage, as you said, but you forgot something : my minions hit harder than me. And about half of them aren't using physical damage.
I use faster attacks because :
- I have greater chances to dominate monsters as my attack speed is higher, especially in group.
- Every single minion I control benefits from attack speed boost, and it increases its reactivity
The counterpart :
- It's more life intensive (less mana multiplier but attack speed increase)
- I have a bit less dps.

But. I'll try with Added fire damage and come back to tell you if it's better =)

IGN - Elyzim
Last edited by PinkPingPenguin on Mar 12, 2013, 9:53:20 AM
I miss the old build without master of the arena :(. Is there anyway you could put it up as an alternate version?

Also, some other things I've thought about:

- Does Body & Soul (20% armor & energy shield, 10% all resists) stack with each other? They're almost right next to each other. Would it be worth dropping something for it?

- Melee physical damage support gem? How beneficial would this be with dom blow + increased duration + life leech + blood magic? On top of all those skills how would the DPS look like with added fire damage instead of frenzy?

EDIT: I tested out the melee physical damage support gem. It only effects minion damage, but right now my gem is at 38% extra physical damage. So minions get that bonus % to their damage.
Last edited by Vicieus on Mar 13, 2013, 8:27:10 PM
Anybody had a chance to confirm that Cyclone works unarmed?
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Yea I tried it, it works.
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
What is everyone's average DPS with facebreaker mitts

i have +phys damage rings, no meginords yet

but my damage on dominating blow buffed is like 600.00

i changed from a 6000 damage ground slam build, and am a bit disappointed

Is this normal damage with the facebreakers?

Last edited by Archaonlotr on Mar 13, 2013, 9:29:59 PM
"
Archaonlotr wrote:
What is everyone's average DPS with facebreaker mitts

i have +phys damage rings, no meginords yet

but my damage on dominating blow buffed is like 600.00

i changed from a 6000 damage ground slam build, and am a bit disappointed

Is this normal damage with the facebreakers?

thats weak what level are you?

i currently have 4k+ DPS on dominating blow

am only 59, but my accessories are kinda good so..
+ meginor will give u a huge DPS boost.

IGN: NukerDeath
Last edited by Nukerdeath on Mar 13, 2013, 9:39:08 PM
lv73

My last build was doing 12,000 damage on heavy strike, so my gear is good

my Dominating blow is only lv 1 - which is probabaly a factor just switching over

and i still have my neck + belt to add + phys damage

"
Archaonlotr wrote:
lv73

My last build was doing 12,000 damage on heavy strike, so my gear is good

my Dominating blow is only lv 1 - which is probabaly a factor just switching over

and i still have my neck + belt to add + phys damage

List all your gear.

The main problem I see when people change to facebreakers is that they cling to elemental damage items over pure physical. Even 2 points of phys damage can make a huge difference, and it needs to be phys damage.

Integer Elemental Damage does nothing for Facebreaker since it doesn't get multiplied.
IGN: Troheim

Item Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368180

I plan on getting a new face breaker - but got this pair for x1 Alch Orb as a cheap quicky
only 835%

If what you say about differences with just small improvements in phys damage, i can see myself getting to that 4k DPS mark also when my gem level hits 15+

Replacing the belt with Meginords . and getting a new +phys damage amulet
Last edited by Archaonlotr on Mar 14, 2013, 1:58:06 AM
Your facebreakers have really low Unarmed rolls. Suggest finding at least a 950% version.

That's literally a difference of 50-100 damage per hit alone.
IGN: Troheim

Item Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368180

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info