[3.2] Spectral Shield Throw - Gladiator - Pure Phys

Big thank you to everyone contributing to this thread.

I like the rest of you guys am loving SST. I've been able to do T10 maps with ease so far.

My PoB below. Currently rocking 164kdps with a 1600 armor shield (non-shaper, shaper is 139k)

https://pastebin.com/HDdBTuiZ

Looking forward to seeing how far we can push this thing. At the very least SST is a really good league starter.
How about the survability? i play HC only so it is a big issue for me

How is it? how does it compare to jugg or guardian on survability?>

Ty
has someone tried the Haemophilia Gloves already?

I wonder if they could work.
Last edited by Manabaerchen on Mar 15, 2018, 5:33:22 AM
"
baerendude wrote:

In theory I think so. You would just have to build around them since they offer no resist.

If a set drops for me I want to respec out of Gratuitous Violence and spec in to Verssatile Combat for better Violent Retaliation stacking. My plan is to run gripped gloves on bosses and Haemophilia for clearing.

Started this league with SST as well, and I thought I'd drop some input on the weapon selection.
While I haven't yet had much time to try different choices, I very much like The Dark Seer.
Global damage roll, an additional Layer of survivability through more blind, and massive +Life and either Mana or ES makes for a really beefy weapon.

Last edited by Janustradamus on Mar 15, 2018, 10:18:08 AM
"
Janustradamus wrote:
Started this league with SST as well, and I thought I'd drop some input on the weapon selection.
While I haven't yet had much time to try different choices, I very much like The Dark Seer.
Global damage roll, an additional Layer of survivability through more blind, and massive +Life and either Mana or ES makes for a really beefy weapon.

Can you please try to compare with prismatic eclipse to see how the DPS change?

"
baerendude wrote:

the 40% increase damage against bleeding enemy is good! and also it helps to reach 100% change to inflict bleeding, that is quite important here.

if you dont use it, you have to take other points to reach the 100% bleeding. Key nodes are around Bloodletting, Red Storm, Dirty Techniques.
Last edited by ThoryX on Mar 15, 2018, 12:20:11 PM
from the 3.2.1 patch notes:
Fixed a bug where various attack speed and physical attack damage modifiers did not apply to off-hand attacks, and thus did not apply to Spectral Shield Throw.

Anyone know any more specific details of what this effects?
"
ThoryX wrote:
Can you please try to compare with prismatic eclipse to see how the DPS change?

With my admittedly still quite crappy gear, switching to a triple green Prismatic pushes me from 16k to 18k dps, while at the same time losing about 200ish hp and ~100 ES.
"
from the 3.2.1 patch notes:
Fixed a bug where various attack speed and physical attack damage modifiers did not apply to off-hand attacks, and thus did not apply to Spectral Shield Throw.

Anyone know any more specific details of what this effects?

no, but I suppose that some local stats on rings/amulet/shield/gloves/boots didnt apply on SST. I had some thought about that when swapping some gear that should have increased my DPS, didnt. We need to do some test to see how this apply to the build.

STILL, your local stats on your main hand do not apply on SST. The only things that apply are the stats with "global" or that they have nothing to do with SST.

Last edited by ThoryX on Mar 16, 2018, 6:51:13 AM
"
ThoryX wrote:
STILL, your local stats on your main hand do not apply on SST. The only things that apply are the stats with "global" or that they have nothing to do with SST.

That's why I am wondering why Brightbeak is one of the recommended weapons. Or is it really that good with Shield charge? (I'm more of a Leap Slam person myself)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info