[3.2] Spectral Shield Throw - Gladiator - Pure Phys

brightbeak is only good for the APS for charge or leap, as they scale on main hand attack speed
Thats why i would only use the sword above that give 3x 12% global attack speed, or use an elder sword with the elder %block stats to make you more tanky
Attack speed really makes the build feel amazing tho. Got lucky with drops last night and added a Starkonjas and Prismatic Eclipse. Up to 4.28 APS over 5 with everything popped. Really excited to hit Red Maps this weekend. Hopefully the SSF gods will be kind and I can sustain without too much effort.
Hi. Its a very interesting guide, and i realy like it. I never made a pure phys character and so i have a few question.
I read that ele conversion is better, but i dont have the currencey to buy the gear for that (and i made a few 100% ele conversion in the previous league). I can afford a lioneye's Remorse and maybe a 5l Lioneye's Vision. These 2 items would be enough for starting low-mid tier maps? Im not inetrested in Shaper or Atziri i just want a build that can deal with maps and the map's bosses.
This build can do that?
"
AI3 wrote:
Hi. Its a very interesting guide, and i realy like it. I never made a pure phys character and so i have a few question.
I read that ele conversion is better, but i dont have the currencey to buy the gear for that (and i made a few 100% ele conversion in the previous league). I can afford a lioneye's Remorse and maybe a 5l Lioneye's Vision. These 2 items would be enough for starting low-mid tier maps? Im not inetrested in Shaper or Atziri i just want a build that can deal with maps and the map's bosses.
This build can do that?

Those two items are more than enough as long as you can cap your resistances. Leveling was a bit slow but when I hit 70 and bought those two items my dps went way up. Sitting around 35-40k buffed which is plenty for trash, bosses aren't the fastest but still very doable. Still much I can improve on, I just bought random cheap yellows just to cap resists and my jewelry is awful too but I can still clear maps perfectly fine.
"
AI3 wrote:
This build can do that?

I've that gear, but im lvl 89, i'm doing all t10 bosses easy. Yesterday I started doing the chains of maps to get all the memory's fragments. Atm t11 and t12 are not a big issue.

Still i can improve a lot, like: a shield with 2500+ armour, a 6-link, flasks, better jewels, better rings (some good steel ring) etc etc

grab an helmet with an enchantment for SST

cheers
Last edited by ThoryX on Mar 19, 2018, 4:52:45 AM
imho
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Faster_Projectiles_Support + https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Karui_Charge = silver bullet for fast map clear with spectral shield throw
Last edited by PeachesWait on Mar 19, 2018, 11:49:32 AM
Ty for the informations!

I have another question: point blank. If i take this keystone, then i will be more a "melee" type character then a ranged one. I read that this character has a good defense (high armor and high block chance), but it worth to take the risk and going into melee range instead spamming sst from range?
"
Ty for the informations!

I have another question: point blank. If i take this keystone, then i will be more a "melee" type character then a ranged one. I read that this character has a good defense (high armor and high block chance), but it worth to take the risk and going into melee range instead spamming sst from range?

More or less - yes.

When you take point blank the benefit is reduced the further away you are from the mob. If you're worried about surviving I'm playing a very similar build and have 0 issues up to T13 so far. DPS wise PB makes up about 1/3rd of my dps if the target is less than 10 range away.
Last edited by Acoas on Mar 22, 2018, 9:31:24 AM
"
Acoas wrote:
"
Ty for the informations!

More or less - yes.

When you take point blank the benefit is reduced the further away you are from the mob. If you're worried about surviving I'm playing a very similar build and have 0 issues up to T13 so far. DPS wise PB makes up about 1/3rd of my dps if the target is less than 10 range away.

Thank you for the answer!

One last question: the point blank is reduce the secondary projectile damage too or only the first "shield projectile" is affected by this damage reduction if it goes further?

And Carnage Heart's leech is applied to sst?
Last edited by AI3 on Mar 22, 2018, 3:51:25 PM
"
AI3 wrote:
"
Acoas wrote:
"
Ty for the informations!

More or less - yes.

Thank you for the answer!

One last question: the point blank is reduce the secondary projectile damage too or only the first "shield projectile" is affected by this damage reduction if it goes further?

And Carnage Heart's leech is applied to sst?

SST is a physical attack skill so the leech will be applied. As far as the secondary projectiles damage is concerned I am not too sure how PB is determined for that, for best results just stand close to the mobs and you will do the most damage. I have no issues taking damage and things die really fast, except bosses and those red bestiary mobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info