[3.2] Spectral Shield Throw - Gladiator - Pure Phys

I had a problem yesterday and I need some hint from you guys!

I did the elder for the first time and I cant defeat him.
I still have a low damage output, but the main problem here is that the life leech and/or regen life is way too low.

Any suggestion on some keynode or item?

Im wondering to lose blood magic and pick some decent item to have a double curse to achieve at least 4 endurance charge, so it would be:
- warlord's mark
- vulnerability or projectile weakness

bad idea or not?

"
ThoryX wrote:
I had a problem yesterday and I need some hint from you guys!

I did the elder for the first time and I cant defeat him.
I still have a low damage output, but the main problem here is that the life leech and/or regen life is way too low.

Any suggestion on some keynode or item?

Im wondering to lose blood magic and pick some decent item to have a double curse to achieve at least 4 endurance charge, so it would be:
- warlord's mark
- vulnerability or projectile weakness

bad idea or not?

What level Elder did you try to fight ?

If you drop blood magic and the 3 nodes after that, Armor and Armor Mastery you can finish out the constitution block and be sitting with 5.5k life. You can get even more life if you drop some of the Shield Defense nodes, but that's up to you. Your mana will be more than fine and because of Lioneyes you'll have no issues with leech.Point blank and Crimson dance goes a long long way for our Single Target damage. My SST character is Captain_Acoas if you want to look for ideas.

I got lucky on some Vaal orbs last night and was able to hop into T15 maps with this build. Honestly, I was hesitant to run them, but floored in the end how easy they were. My gear still needs help though (6 link, better gloves, The Nomad, 2400+ shield). This might be my favorite skill in the game now.

Why use maim support with SST when you get maim from ascendancy? Wouldn’t faster attack support or fork or pierce with lioneyes Andpoachers aim for triple pierce? Or slower projectile? Anything but maim?
"
Skippsy wrote:
Why use maim support with SST when you get maim from ascendancy? Wouldn’t faster attack support or fork or pierce with lioneyes Andpoachers aim for triple pierce? Or slower projectile? Anything but maim?

Because Maim from Blood in the Eyes doesn't intrinsically come with an increased-physical-damage-taken modifier unless it's applied by a skill with Maim Support.

Maim from Blood in the Eyes is in addition to the Maim support skill. A level 20 gem is technically a 24%/30% bonus.

Edit - all of the alternatives you listed are good ones but other than Slower Proj do not come near the dps throughput of Maim Support
Last edited by Acoas on Mar 23, 2018, 4:55:44 PM
Does the shard of SST hit a single target? or you need to consider only the projectile part of the damage for single target?
Last edited by ThoryX on Mar 27, 2018, 2:45:23 AM
"
ThoryX wrote:
Does the shard of SST hit a single target? or you need to consider only the projectile part of the damage for single target?

As far as I can tell, the initial target only takes damage from the Shield, not from the shards.

"
Acoas wrote:
Because Maim from Blood in the Eyes doesn't intrinsically come with an increased-physical-damage-taken modifier unless it's applied by a skill with Maim Support.

Blood in the Eyes states that "Attacks Maim on Hit against Bleeding Enemies", so it's able to trigger its damage multiplier on its own. But yeah, the measly chance to Maim is not the main reason to use the support, the substantial damage boost is.
Any thoughts on adding a Riposte or Reckoning link? Potentially replacing CWDT or replacing leap slam since we already have shield charge.
If so, would you support it with: endurance charge on stun, LGoH, curse on hit, blind, or onslaught?
IGN: FacebreakerVoid
atm this is by far one of the most cheap build to use on this patch, love it
This build is officially Shaper Viable.

Finally Six linked my Lioneye's chest 2 days ago and got the right colors on my gloves/boots to wear them. Was able to take down Shaper last night and it was honestly pretty easy. I think Uber Elder might be too ambitious but I'm okay with that. Will try him anyways.
Why dont you use empower on in SST links?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info