[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
"
Lapsi wrote:
Hi Guys,

I just switched to this build since had most of the gear after playing as a summoner. Can someone help me guide if I am doing it correct and how I can improve it as atm my RF dmg is below 100k. I do T15 fairly easily but when I see others POB their RF dmg is above 300-500k at lvl 92. I think i can improve on my belt and jewels lacking 8% ES. I still have around maybe 10 ex if sell the fusing n chaos. Would appreciate how to spend wisely focusing on which stats and gear I need to improve.

My POB link https://pastebin.com/Dtj2nAV3

For me, you have 142k dps in RF against Shaper without flask buff in Conc Effect.
To improve this, you should get 20/20 gems. Also, you should get a Watcher's Eye with reserved mana convert in ES with Clarity. This should provide you ~20% more ES & dps.

To give you a quick comparaison, with the proper Watcher's Eye and 14.5k ES, in Delve I have 200k against Shaper, in conc effect, without flask buff. And I think we could say I'm correctly stuffed.

People with RF dmg above 300-500k dmg are playing a 6L RF or just they check marked many temporary buff. So it's more a dps showcase than effective dps because of those bullshit buff.

"
EuroPOE wrote:
While trying to craft a heavy one, what about this unique??

Nope. Bated Breath provide "%ES recharge rate" while we are looking for "%ES recovery rate".
This little difference in word used is here to point a difference in how the affixe works in the regen formula.
"Recharge rate" works exactly as "increase" afffixes. And "Recovery rate" works exactly as "more" affixe. It's additive buff vs multiplicative buff.

This build absolutly need at least 1 source of "%ES recovery rate" affixe. You can get it on belt, for a very cheap price thanks to the shaper belts, or on Watcher's Eye.
So this leave us with 2 possibility.
1. You don't have your "ES recovery rate" on your Watcher's Eye. Then you will need it on belt. You have to play a rare shaper belt with this affixe. So there is no room/place for Bated Breath.
2. You have your "ES recovery rate" on your Watcher's Eye. Then you can skip it from your belt. So hypotheticaly Bated Breath may be usable. But sadly, in this situation, Bated Breath will face the concurence of Elder belt with %increase Attributes affixe which with descent roll will provide way more than Bated Breath.
So in all way, there is better solution in rare, or even in unique.

"
babsbegood wrote:
Went for a Shaper test drive, you literally do not need to move during this fight, only to keep the floor clean of course.

Dragon Ball Z Moment:
Spoiler

Can someone please look at my char to see if i should try uber elder or if i need to improve more?
Im currently on lvl 93 with 12.7k ES

My PoB:
https://pastebin.com/85UVQe1t

Thanks to kazeshi and LAGROSSESIMONE for the help.

You need more ES imo. This means, getting some Intel on rings, and upgrade some jewels.

Thanks for the tips Lagrosse, will work on those 20/20 first then as the eye jewel is bit out of budget. With the eye jewel what 2nd stats are good as anything to do with vitality and discipline price are insane.
"
Lapsi wrote:
Thanks for the tips Lagrosse, will work on those 20/20 first then as the eye jewel is bit out of budget. With the eye jewel what 2nd stats are good as anything to do with vitality and discipline price are insane.

For Watcher's Eye, what mods should you look for ?

- Mandatory (This one should be the base of any Watcher's Eye) :
Gain (12-18)% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity ;

- First choice (in order prefrence) :
1. (20-30)% increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate while affected by Discipline ;
2. (1.5-2.5)% of Maximum Energy Shield Regenerated per Second while affected by Discipline
2. (100-140) Life Regenerated per Second while affected by Vitality

- Second choice (in order of preference) :
1. Immune to Freeze while affected by Purity of Ice
2. Immune to Shock while affected by Purity of Lightning
3. Unaffected by Vulnerability while affected by Determination
3. You take (60-40)% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes while affected by Determination
4. Any elemental statut aliement or curse immunity
5. Any other buff that apply to one of the aura we are playing.

The principle here is just to identify what will put this build in higher difficulty and, at the same time, what effect is the most common in the game. So to explain a bit :
- Freeze is without a doubt the most annoying thing we will encounter. And it's also the most dangerous, especialy in end game fight (like Uber Elder where 95% of the dmg of the fight can Freeze you).
- Shock came in second. Those 2 elemental statut aliment are the most annoying because they are also the most common effect you will suffer.
- Immun to Vulnerability will give you more flexibility in terme of maping and will makes bleeding way more rare and way less deadly. It's a good third choice.
- The extra dmg from crit reduction is an excellent buff too. It will make you safer in map with crit affixe, and prevent most OS situation from crit (normaly we should not be worried about OS, but this may happen when there is too much dps buff on some maps).
- Reste are just situationnal elemental or curse effect that will be encounter time to time. So it's not realy relevant to build a strat on those affixe.
"

- First choice (in order prefrence) :
1. (20-30)% increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate while affected by Discipline ;
2. (1.5-2.5)% of Maximum Energy Shield Regenerated per Second while affected by Discipline
2. (100-140) Life Regenerated per Second while affected by Vitality

What about 20% increased Life Recovery rate when affected by Vitality? I can't use POB (I play on a Mac) so I can't check and see if this is worth the extra exalteds.

Edit: I'm assuming it's the same as "Increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate" due to Zealot's Oath?
Last edited by Severinze on Oct 30, 2018, 9:47:34 PM
Life recovery rate doesn't help us at all because we don't recover any life. We convert all life recovery to ES recovery; we don't convert life recovery rate % increases.
"
Riusaldregan wrote:
Life recovery rate doesn't help us at all because we don't recover any life. We convert all life recovery to ES recovery; we don't convert life recovery rate % increases.

Ah right, and % of 0 is still 0. Thanks for the reply!
You're welcome! It doesn't double dip, as it were, like some other things do. Go figure.

Since I switched to Presence of Chayula I felt like I wasn't getting a whole lot of damage out of Doon Cuebiyari anymore. I played around with fossils for a bit and ended up with this;

I wish that prefix Spell Damage was a higher Fire Damage roll, but it still takes me from 556k combined Shaper DPS to 626k combined. Most of the gain is on Scorching Ray, but that's where my boss damage comes from anyway.

Prismatic + Scorched + Aetheric fossils are what I was trying, though the Aetheric is... debateable.
"
Riusaldregan wrote:
You're welcome! It doesn't double dip, as it were, like some other things do. Go figure.

Since I switched to Presence of Chayula I felt like I wasn't getting a whole lot of damage out of Doon Cuebiyari anymore. I played around with fossils for a bit and ended up with this;

I wish that prefix Spell Damage was a higher Fire Damage roll, but it still takes me from 556k combined Shaper DPS to 626k combined. Most of the gain is on Scorching Ray, but that's where my boss damage comes from anyway.

Prismatic + Scorched + Aetheric fossils are what I was trying, though the Aetheric is... debateable.

There are benefits to going the rare route, especially with fossils being around. You lose some synergy in the build which is unfortunate but you can make up for it in raw power sometimes for some purposes.

ive been working on crafting a really good rare scepter but not hit anything that has made me happy enough. A perfect mirror worthy scepter could add 25% more dmg at the cost of only 100 ish es.
"
Severinze wrote:
What about 20% increased Life Recovery rate when affected by Vitality? I can't use POB (I play on a Mac) so I can't check and see if this is worth the extra exalteds.

Edit: I'm assuming it's the same as "Increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate" due to Zealot's Oath?

Life recovery rate does not works on ES.

proper explaination why this mod isn't applied to ES while we have Zealot Oath except because of the wording of this mods.
I suppose Zaelot Oath only convert effective life regeneration to ES and only direct and effectives regen. So flat life regen and %inc life regen are direct modifier to life regen and so, they can be converted to ES. But %life recovery rate just work as a multiplier to the life regen which is null because of Zealot Oath.

I may be wrong in my explaination, but the conclusion is clearly verified : this affixe does not works with ES even if you are using Zealot Oath.

So no, this Watcher's Eye affixe does not provide anything to this build except a good source of currency when you will sell the watcher's eye with this affixe.

"
Riusaldregan wrote:

Rare scepter can be a better choice than Doon for certains build.

For example, if you are using a 6L RF setup and do not have more than 500 str, then Donn may not be as solid as a rare scepter.

For your mace/scepter, keep in mind that Spell damage will not buff your RF dmg, but only your SR dmg.
Did you consider scepter played by Life RF like this one ?

From what I see, the scepter of my Jugg RF is slightly better for RF, and potentialy better for SR thanks for the free 4th link. The only arguable point is the presence of the BM master craft (because this was crafted for a life based RF) that should be swap for a +2 lvl fire gems.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Oct 31, 2018, 4:18:16 AM
@LAGROSSESIMONE
I wanted to thank you for your god-tier theory craft and dedication to answering the Guardian community's questions. Reading dozens of the recent pages and much of the older discussion has me wondering if I missed a critical post of yours.

My main question: have you already posted a generalized build update on a certain page that would be the new core to build off of? Which page # on this tread for reference, or should we still be using the 3.2 from Original poster?

*note* i realize that everyone's tree should potentially change to accommodate gear and playstyle/skill/budget but it would be very much appreciated to have an updated typical-quality build pastebin to feel more confident in all aspects of putting this build together.

Best regards and thanks for all that you do,
Courtney~
Last edited by courtney1566 on Oct 31, 2018, 5:40:47 AM
"
courtney1566 wrote:
@LAGROSSESIMONE
I wanted to thank you for your god-tier theory craft and dedication to answering the Guardian community's questions. Reading dozens of the recent pages and much of the older discussion has me wondering if I missed a critical post of yours.

My main question: have you already posted a generalized build update on a certain page that would be the new core to build off of? Which page # on this tread for reference, or should we still be using the 3.2 from Original poster?

*note* i realize that everyone's tree should potentially change to accommodate gear and playstyle/skill/budget but it would be very much appreciated to have an updated typical-quality build pastebin to feel more confident in all aspects of putting this build together.

Best regards and thanks for all that you do,
Courtney~

For a general and some detail about the build, you can cross the first post with this one.

For a list of pastebin build considering the level and budget, I also have posted like 10 pages ago this message :
"
The whole build will have many variation based on the stuff you have.

But here some example ...
Lvl 92 Budget (under 2ex stuff) : https://pastebin.com/90RECEbf
Lvl 92 15-25ex : https://pastebin.com/8hEKZCFi
Lvl 96 100+ex budget (clarity + regen Watcher eye) : https://pastebin.com/Nn2rAqzh
Lvl 96 100+ex budget with legacy stuff : https://pastebin.com/mJg07gDQ
Lvl 100 Miror tier budget (and legacy stuff) : https://pastebin.com/mdRzXeH3

I don't know if this will fullfill your request, but feel free to say if something isn't clear enought.

And of course, thanks a lot for your kind words.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Oct 31, 2018, 11:03:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info