[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

I wanted to chime in and 2nd what Courtney said. I read through the last 20 or so pages of this thread and every one of your posts and responses was extremely helpful. I have an Evernote doc full of notes and many of your comments and replies that I've been using to help guide my build and my gear purchases. I can't wait to break level 95 and truly hit the end game with this build.

Thanks LAGROSSESIMONE!!
So, in thinking about a potential fossil crafted rare sceptre, how viable would a fossil crafted rare helm be? I saw one on reddit the other day that blew my mind. RF damage lab enchant, level conc effect and burning damage, ele damage, burning damage, etc...

With the end of the season 4 weeks away, assuming you had currency to burn, what stats would be necessary to make a gg helm that would be worth replacing memory vault with?
"
Severinze wrote:
So, in thinking about a potential fossil crafted rare sceptre, how viable would a fossil crafted rare helm be? I saw one on reddit the other day that blew my mind. RF damage lab enchant, level conc effect and burning damage, ele damage, burning damage, etc...

With the end of the season 4 weeks away, assuming you had currency to burn, what stats would be necessary to make a gg helm that would be worth replacing memory vault with?

The most obvious helmet stats architecture you may looks for would be :

Socketed Gems are Supported by Level xx Burning Damage
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level xx Concentrated Effect
+xx to Intelligence
+xx to maximum Energy Shield
xx% increased Energy Shield
Socketed Gems deal 30% more Elemental Damage

So this suppose an Elder item on a high ES base.
In terme of Fossil craft, this should imply a 3-4 fossil craft :
- Dense Fossil (for ES) ;
- Faceted Fossil (for gems socketed elder affixe ?) ;
- Glyphic Fossil (for the essence of Horror craft) ;
- Sanctified Fossil (for higher rolls) or Scorched Fossil (for more fire modifier chances).

This makes this kind of helmet extremly difficult to craft because of the high number of affixe required and the high value of rolls on each affixe.
If you try to get it with ensence of Horror spaming, it will be a craft that will cost you ~65c per try, with extremly low chance to succed.
If you try to get it with fossil craft, it will be much more expensive. Each try should cost like over than 550c per try considering the price of fossils and resonator for higher chance to succed.

And even with those rolls, you will miss way too much in terme of defensive ground. And if by any chance you get something like this (at very least the burning + essence craft + decent ES rolls), the helmet will be so damn rare that it will be absolutly out of question to corrupt it. So you will end up in farming uberlab for a shit tone of lab in order to get the RF lab enchant.

In my eyes it's extremly difficult (almost impossible) to beat Memory Vault in a guardian LL RF build. Especialy in this build.

Do not forget that Memory Vault provide us an atrocious amount of defense layer.
Consider that it's one of the unique that provide the highest ES roll, and add on top of this an enormous amount of mana. Mana that we reserve and convert in ES. It also provide a realy stupide amount of armour that alow us to play a 90% phys dmg reduction setup without any effort.
Add to this a modest but honorable resist that help us.
And on top of this, it's an extremly common unique, that makes it cheap. So it's also possible to corrupt it in order to get a more or less double enchant with the "% burning dmg" corruption. Or you you can aim for life regen, a mods that will be super usefull for your survivability.

Honestly, for me, it's a no match.
Hit an unlucky streak trying to get the boot enchant. Took 22 runs with the stun enchant that's absolutely worthless when I already have Chayula coming up at least half a dozen times.

At least lab runs are fast since you can leave rf off and just run from room to room with phasing. I did have 2ex drop during my runs though so they weren't all a waste. Now I'll go back to chaining maps to save up the last couple ex for a watcher's eye.
"
"
Severinze wrote:

The most obvious helmet stats architecture you may looks for would be :

Socketed Gems are Supported by Level xx Burning Damage
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level xx Concentrated Effect
+xx to Intelligence
+xx to maximum Energy Shield
xx% increased Energy Shield
Socketed Gems deal 30% more Elemental Damage

So this suppose an Elder item on a high ES base.
In terme of Fossil craft, this should imply a 3-4 fossil craft :
- Dense Fossil (for ES) ;
- Faceted Fossil (for gems socketed elder affixe ?) ;
- Glyphic Fossil (for the essence of Horror craft) ;
- Sanctified Fossil (for higher rolls) or Scorched Fossil (for more fire modifier chances).

This makes this kind of helmet extremly difficult to craft because of the high number of affixe required and the high value of rolls on each affixe.
If you try to get it with ensence of Horror spaming, it will be a craft that will cost you ~65c per try, with extremly low chance to succed.
If you try to get it with fossil craft, it will be much more expensive. Each try should cost like over than 550c per try considering the price of fossils and resonator for higher chance to succed.

And even with those rolls, you will miss way too much in terme of defensive ground. And if by any chance you get something like this (at very least the burning + essence craft + decent ES rolls), the helmet will be so damn rare that it will be absolutly out of question to corrupt it. So you will end up in farming uberlab for a shit tone of lab in order to get the RF lab enchant.

In my eyes it's extremly difficult (almost impossible) to beat Memory Vault in a guardian LL RF build. Especialy in this build.

Do not forget that Memory Vault provide us an atrocious amount of defense layer.
Consider that it's one of the unique that provide the highest ES roll, and add on top of this an enormous amount of mana. Mana that we reserve and convert in ES. It also provide a realy stupide amount of armour that alow us to play a 90% phys dmg reduction setup without any effort.
Add to this a modest but honorable resist that help us.
And on top of this, it's an extremly common unique, that makes it cheap. So it's also possible to corrupt it in order to get a more or less double enchant with the "% burning dmg" corruption. Or you you can aim for life regen, a mods that will be super usefull for your survivability.

Honestly, for me, it's a no match.

I hadn't done the math as to what it would cost per attempt, but you're right, it would get incredibly expensive. Your math makes me cringe thinking about all the currency wasted at something that has little-to-no chance of actually delivering the right stats and rolls.
A little correction about the fossil craft that I mentioned. The scorched fourth fossil is not mandatory.

It may be a powerfull add to the fossil setup, by providing an higher chance to get usefull fire rolls. So it may help to get those suffixes :
- Socketed Gems are Supported by Level xx Burning Damage (in addition to the Faceted Fossil) ;
- Nearby Enemies have -9% to Fire Resistance & -9% to Fire Resistance ;
- +#% to Fire Resistance.
But at the same time it will provide a risk to completly fuck up the item by giving a higher chance to proc this annoying prefixe :
- Adds # to # Fire Damage to Spells.
Obviously this affixe fuck up EE buff on Orb of Storm setup. So this may force us to slam an Annulement in the helmet with an extremly high risk of breaking the item.
So here it's more or less a gamble with a disturbing downside.

So if you chose to skip the Scorched fossil, this fossil craft will end up costing you something like 350-360c per try. You may have higher chance to get what you are looking for than with Horror Essence corrupted craft, but it will be at very least 5.5 time more expensive.

On a striclty economic point of view, I personnaly will do this craft for a life RF helmet, just replacing Dense fossil with a Pristine one.
I will not do it in order to get a mirror tier helmet for my Jugger RF. I will only do it for challenge, because I didn't completed yet "use following fossil" and "Use following currency" challenges.
So I do not consider this try as a reliable strat for upgrading my character or getting an extremly powerfull item, but only a way to complet 2 league challenges. If I hit a good helmet, it will be better, but I do not expect anything on the result.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Nov 1, 2018, 5:05:50 AM
Hi, I’m looking for the best way to get 100lvl, but unfortunately the discussion on the Russian-language forum actualy dead :( In which version is it better to achive 100? I prefer 6L Righteous fire, are there any critical mistakes? Will be grateful for the advice.

https://pastebin.com/CPpC6b3P

"
4e6urat0r wrote:
Hi, I’m looking for the best way to get 100lvl, but unfortunately the discussion on the Russian-language forum actualy dead :( In which version is it better to achive 100? I prefer 6L Righteous fire, are there any critical mistakes? Will be grateful for the advice.

https://pastebin.com/CPpC6b3P

Ok, so you chosen to maximize the Mana Guardian orientation. I don't like it personnaly but many player play it in high deepth delve, so obviously it's working.

But this shouldn't be a problem for gives you a clear review on your character.

The main problem you will face for grinding the lvl 100 is a survivability issue. And this is mostly due to your "Net life regen". In HO, with only your aura runing, and no other buff (like flask or boots enchant buff), you only have +30 Net life regen. So if we do not consider Time of Need ascendency, you are regenering 1/600 of your max ES per sec. It's awfully low.
This means that most of your regen survivability come from Time of Need. And you can't totaly rely on it. You should have some source of regen elsewhere.

Solving this should be your top priority. And prepare yourself, those upgrade won't be cheap. Some will be super expensives.

Secondly improving your stats may be necessary to be even more safier and avoid RIP as much as possible. Here there is some moderate to extremly expensive upgrades.

So I will reorganize this message in 2 part :

1. Improving your regen :

- Memory Vault with regen corruption
You should get your hands on a Memory Vault with the %regen corruption. While there is no Memory Vault with proper mana/ES with this regen, I will highly suggest you to buy uncorrupted ones and to vaal them.
You should looks for something like this one :

- Watcher's Eye with regen aura buffs
Your Watcher's Eye is good. But here your "Net life regen" is barely positive. So your main problem to grind the lvl 100 will be you capacity to regen. So in complement of the Clarity buff, you will need a regen mods. So you should look for something like this note, in delve league you should be able to find some for much cheaper.

2. Upgrading your general defensives stats :

- The boots.
You reached a level of stuff and of build that makes Sin Trek way too limited.
You should looks for something like this.
Looks for 40+str/40+intel/55+mana/30%move.

- Your amulet.
Astramentis is a good amulet with a formidable ratio buff/cost. But you reached the point where you should switch for something that provide you more stats.
Eyes of the Greatwolf with %inc attributes should provide extremly good results. While it's extremly expensive in std, I suggest you to farm a bit in Delve and buy one for less than 10ex (Delve link) as secondary mods, if you can, looks for % inc max mana. This should fit perfectly your build.
Example of what you may have for few ex :

- Your ring "Maelstrom Spiral"
This slot can be upgraded with something not significantly better but that shouldn't expose you to lake of dexterity issues. Especialy if you get an Eyes of the Greatwolf. Something like this may do the job.

- Your Chest
While you are in standard, you should looks for a Legacy Shavronne.

- Your Gloves
You may also look for a paire of Shaper's Touch with +2 Aura or AOE corruption. This should help you to grind +2% max light res with a lvl 21 PoL. From my search result in std, the prices are realy expensives, so I would highly suggest you to buy them in Delve league for few chaos. And this should prevent you to buy legacy version that had lower rolls.

- Gems upgrades.
I would also suggest you to get a Vaal Discipline instead of a simple Discipline. This should save you time to time.
And lastly, you should look for lvl 21 Purity of Ice and Lightning in order to reach 83 and 84% max resist that will help a lot your tankiness.

/Edit : fixed the links
/Edit² : Fixed and organized the answer for more lisibility.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Nov 1, 2018, 1:40:07 PM
Thank you very much for the good advice, but the links are the same, and all lead to the boots)
Oh god ... This is happening when we do a serie of search just by clearing search critera.
The links should be fixed now. And I reorganized a bit my answer to make it more structured and more clear.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Nov 1, 2018, 1:38:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info