[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
spooky_myself wrote:
Thanks mqta1964, any ideas where to improve? The DPS is a bit on the low side and I can run out of juice in encounters like Uber elder

check something like this

Just had to pop in to say thanks to LAGROSSESIMONE and kazeshi for the great info in the last dozen pages I read through. Decided to respec an old Aegis tank I had previously started over to this build. I'm not leveled nearly enough, only level 77 ATM, but I can already tell this will be at least as good and probably better than my pure RF LL trickster. I love LLRF trickster and have been playing variations of Yalani's version since the beginning of 2015.

My current LLRF trickster is great for quickly farming red maps and fairly tanky. Will have 1k net regen, 50% evade, and 90/81/82 max once I'm finished.
My current gear and planned tree out to 95:
https://pastebin.com/bubXrESE

Before I get too far into building this Guardian toon I was hoping one of you gentleman here with experience in this build could give me a bit of a comparison. I'm not the greatest with comparisons based just off POB numbers, but I loaded the 15-25ex version LAGROSSESIMONE posted on page 137 and to my eyes I'm thinking my current trickster RF will be slightly faster and simpler for mapping. Shield charge being the only usable skill besides flasks. :-)

However, this Guardian will be significantly better at bossing due to the addition of SR and will also be tankier. Time of Need is a fairly large boost to the regen every few seconds and I think the high armor would be better than high evasion for the harder content. Thoughts?

I do play standard, but I'm not one of the rich ones that can buy any legacy gear to min/max. Only play standard because with 4 kids I usually don't get enough time to make it thru end game content before the league has already ended and it's time to start over again.
"
mqta1964 wrote:
i have done this, missing orbs of storm and clarity(out of mana). dps shown in game is only 10k dps. pls help. my skill tree is a bit modified, with one missing jewel slot. PST.

Dude, you are still using the wrong rings, belt, and flasks, you are missing a lot of gems and your tree is just wrong.

follow the guide, just look at it and do what it does, you can check the PoB links that lagros or i have posted to see some other options on what to use.

If you don't follow the guide and wont take our advice we cannot help you.
"
spooky_myself wrote:
Hi Guys,

I've been following another (similar) guide for a LL RF Guardian, but the thread is dead and I don't know what to improve. I've done most of the content with it except Uber Atziri and Uber elder.

How can I link my character for you to check? :)

Thanks in advance, this is my first ever post

you should use a program called path of building. it makes testing out a build very very easy and you can import and export characters with just a few clicks of the mouse.

that being said i took a look at your character. Some things to consider:

You are playing a heavy mana stacking version which gives a nice looking ES total but loses some damage to do so, just keep that in mind.

Getting level 21 auras, lvl 21 purity of fire is most important, and using a +2aura pair of shaper touch gloves to put them in. your shield is another good place but you really want lvl 21 gems as with +2 levels they become lvl 23 and get the +1 max res.

your shavs can be better, getting a near max es one will add 130+es and 1% dmg

better boots can add several hundred es and a few % dmg as well

If you get a better rolled shield it will help if you have dex problems.

near the Sovereignty node in the upper left you take 2 reduced mana reservation nodes instead of 1 aura effect node, you dont need or want that those reduced mana nodes.

There are other changes you can make to your tree such as using a UI jewel and getting warriors blood node etc. but they are all things you can see by looking back a few pages and seeing the advice already given, just load those examples up in path of building.

All in all you have a pretty good build but have just made about 12 choices that are lower dps than they could be an it all adds up to a large loss in dps.
"
stoudtlr wrote:
Just had to pop in to say thanks to LAGROSSESIMONE and kazeshi for the great info in the last dozen pages I read through. Decided to respec an old Aegis tank I had previously started over to this build. I'm not leveled nearly enough, only level 77 ATM, but I can already tell this will be at least as good and probably better than my pure RF LL trickster. I love LLRF trickster and have been playing variations of Yalani's version since the beginning of 2015.

My current LLRF trickster is great for quickly farming red maps and fairly tanky. Will have 1k net regen, 50% evade, and 90/81/82 max once I'm finished.

Before I get too far into building this Guardian toon I was hoping one of you gentleman here with experience in this build could give me a bit of a comparison. I'm not the greatest with comparisons based just off POB numbers, but I loaded the 15-25ex version LAGROSSESIMONE posted on page 137 and to my eyes I'm thinking my current trickster RF will be slightly faster and simpler for mapping. Shield charge being the only usable skill besides flasks. :-)

However, this Guardian will be significantly better at bossing due to the addition of SR and will also be tankier. Time of Need is a fairly large boost to the regen every few seconds and I think the high armor would be better than high evasion for the harder content. Thoughts?

I do play standard, but I'm not one of the rich ones that can buy any legacy gear to min/max. Only play standard because with 4 kids I usually don't get enough time to make it thru end game content before the league has already ended and it's time to start over again.

If you were on delve league i would say that having only 9k es would be very risky for deeper delves but on std its probably enough for most maps.

Evasion is a great mechanic but unless you really go all in and stack it with other mechanics you will find that monster hits get through all the time, not giving you time to regen.

while i think a trickster LLRF build is worth playing once i don't think it holds up very well to the power you can get from the guardian version.

the tree posted back on page 137 is fine, the gear on there was from another player and not that great so you might consider some upgrades and a few more points on the tree.

Feel free to use that as a starting point and let us know how it goes and what gear you have access too. If it takes long enough you will have access to all the amazing delve gear going into std as well.

Cheers m8
"
spooky_myself wrote:
Hi Guys,

I've been following another (similar) guide for a LL RF Guardian, but the thread is dead and I don't know what to improve. I've done most of the content with it except Uber Atziri and Uber elder.

How can I link my character for you to check? :)

Thanks in advance, this is my first ever post

For general theorycrafting on your build use this programme : Path of building (github link).
It's an extremly powerfull tool. With this you will have acces to a lot of hidden information about your character.
For tutorial on how to install and how to use it, you should find some videos on youtube that will provide all explaination that you need.
And in a way to get some help from other people on your characters, you only need to understand how to load your character on PoB, and how to exporte and generate a pastebin link.

Now lets talk about your character and your build.

You have a solide base of build. You should be good for most content, and what you are needing right now is some correction on your tree, items and gems setup in order to get a well optimized character.
So let's go in order :

I. Your items :
- I would highly recommand to change your helmet, shield and gloves. You need higher roll on them and some specifics stats on it. ;
- You should divine your armor in order to get higher ES/Light res ;
- You should look for a paire of Shaper's Touch with the corruption +2 Aura or +2 AOE. you will need the following colours : 3B1R. Kazshi explained clearly the reason behind this. It's only because we are aiming for lvl 23 purity in orde to reach the +5% max resist instead of the +4% max res with lvl 20-22 ;
- Your boots are poorly rolled. You should look for a paire of Sin Trek with a high ES roll. Those boots are cheap and easy to find. Otherwise, a high ES paire of rare boots with at least 190+ES / 30% move speed / and some stats (intel, mana or str) &/or resistances. A paire of boots of this level of ES with extra stats will be expensives (few ex). So unless you want some specifics stats, Sin Trek would be the best ratio stats/cost ;
- Sorrow of the Divine isn't a realy wise choice. We don't use the Zealot Oath bonus because we should already have it in our tree. So this leave you with a simple Sulphur flask with only some extra duration. A magic one with statue aliement and some duration will be better.

II. The tree :
While you are playing this build in a Mana Guardian way, I would suggest you to go for this kind of tree.

III. The gems setup :
Check this message.

"
mqta1964 wrote:
"
spooky_myself wrote:
Thanks mqta1964, any ideas where to improve? The DPS is a bit on the low side and I can run out of juice in encounters like Uber elder

check something like this

Man, I don't want to be rude or sound like a jerk, but 2 posts ago you were asking for help because you were struggling to make this build works even with extremly clear and detailed explaination.
We appreciate the envy to help. But take your time. Learn how the build works, fixe your character in order to make it works.

"
stoudtlr wrote:

Your Trickster RF looks pretty solide. You have realy good stuff and it's always cool to see people who are still playing their old legacy stuff.
I'm also happy to see someone talking about Yalani. He is the one that convert me to RF (My old Legacy RF is still alive. For the curious it's Erostrat).

Generaly trickster provide a realy comfortable map clearing because of his mobility. And it provide a realy interesting way to build by alowing us to take Shavronne Revelation. But there is many downside. Shavronne revelation force you to drop an extremly solid source of dps : Scorching Ray.
And at the same time, in terme of survivability, Trickster is far behind Guardian, Jugger or even Pathfinder in RF build.

So to say it in a direct and a simple way :
If you aim to do fast map clearing and, eventualy "no boss runs", then Trickster might be an excellent choice.
If you plan to do most of content or want a solide dps or survivability, Jugger or Guardian will be better.
Guys thanks a lot for the help. I was aware of the boots but couldn't find any upgrades on the market. Within reasonable budget that is. Most of my stuff is crafted except the rings.

I'll take a look at the changes you suggested and fix 'em, also my jewels could be closer to 20%, that would add some ES.

I have path of building, but honestly until now I only used it to import trees, haven't really fiddled with the rest of the stuff. So much settings I was like... right, nevermind.

Anyway, thanks again for the feedback, I'll let you know how it turns out after the modifications.

Cheers.
is this still viable 3.4? wtf... I'd believe in god if I beat Shaper and Uber...
"
256mosh wrote:
is this still viable 3.4? wtf... I'd believe in god if I beat Shaper and Uber...

Definitely is, I killed uber a few days ago with no problems :) This was the build following recommendations from this thread:

https://pastebin.com/Bzhd8knG
"
256mosh wrote:

Of course it's still viable in 3.4. RF builds did not suffer any major nerf since many leagues. We where actualy buffed with the Vaal Righteous Fire rework that make it usable on LL/ES builds. So it was actualy buffed.

If you looks to beat Shaper, you does not need so much stuff to succed. I did it deathless with less than 300c budget stuff this league.
Uber Elder is absolutly doable with this build, even deathless. But this require an important amount of stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info