[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
Yes this is the best build variant imo. All you need is the prism shield and Solaris (budget shav), end game viable.

Solaris is a good budget option to start this character. Early in this topic I posted my progression in previous league with Lorica to show how it works on a budget (here & here). But the core item list is a bit different.
There is 2 core items in this build : Prism Guardian and Shaper's Touch.
Even if Prism is cheap and easy to get, Shaper's Touch is a bit more complex to have because of his drop restriction (shaper exclusive drop). That's why build is absolutly not playable as a league starter (or you have to play it 1 week after the league launch).
"
"
Yes this is the best build variant imo. All you need is the prism shield and Solaris (budget shav), end game viable.

Solaris is a good budget option to start this character. Early in this topic I posted my progression in previous league with Lorica to show how it works on a budget (here & here). But the core item list is a bit different.
There is 2 core items in this build : Prism Guardian and Shaper's Touch.
Even if Prism is cheap and easy to get, Shaper's Touch is a bit more complex to have because of his drop restriction (shaper exclusive drop). That's why build is absolutly not playable as a league starter (or you have to play it 1 week after the league launch).

Without shav or Solaris, no matter how good your gloves are including shapers, you would die instantly. Any pair of good ES gloves will work with LL. The shield is needed to counter determination’s high mana reserve + room for 6 other auras for this builds premise (armour/es vs pure es).
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
In my opinion the absolute bare minimum to maker this build work is shavs/solaris, Prism Guard and Memory Vault which i see as a key feature of this build. The helm is where the 50-60k armour comes from (mostly).

Shaper gloves are best in slot but the build works without them.
I seem to be stuck at only 12.4k es and 42k armor. Also, my damage seems to be too low for uber elder. I've thrown away a lot of currency to try to get +1 shavs, but I should still have some for a few upgrades. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to improve?

https://pastebin.com/xKbDst9w
Very hard to up DPS!
5 Эмблем Сервис - 4 Divine Orb/Capped Loot!!!
"
zzang wrote:
In my opinion the absolute bare minimum to maker this build work is shavs/solaris, Prism Guard and Memory Vault which i see as a key feature of this build. The helm is where the 50-60k armour comes from (mostly).

Shaper gloves are best in slot but the build works without them.

Aside from the cost/rng, a 6L eldar helm for RF works as well and provides a major dps boost. Sure we lose a lot of AR (over half) that MV provides but there are ways to mitigate. This build we have courtesy of zzang is the most economically feasible RF beast, straight up.

"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
Without shav or Solaris, no matter how good your gloves are including shapers, you would die instantly. Any pair of good ES gloves will work with LL. The shield is needed to counter determination’s high mana reserve + room for 6 other auras for this builds premise (armour/es vs pure es).

I wasn't realy clear in my message.
First I think it's necessary to remind us the specificity of this build comparaed to other LL RF builds. The specificity of this build is to cross 3 specifics builds :
- Mana guardian build ;
- Aura bot build with at least 6-7 auras ;
- RF & SR LL build.
Any change that will change one of those 3 specificity imply playing a totaly different build.

I don't think Shaper's Touch and Prism Guardian can be replaced, just like any other items. Switching Shaper's Touch with some random ES gloves imply major change in the tree. And switching Prism Guardian for an other shield, like Saffel, a rare ES shield, etc. imply droping some auras. It would be impossible to run 7 auras which is one of the specificity of this build.
So, basicaly, not playing those two items imply major changes in skill tree or gem setup. In other words, this imply playing a totaly different build. That's why I say they are "core item". You cannot play without those 2 items and keeping this specific tree and gems setup.

The affixe "Chaos damage cannot bypass Energy Shield" is mandatory for any LL build. I do not question this point. It's the first "core" affixe we have take in any LL build.
But Shavronne isn't the only item that provide it. If we don't have Shavronne, we can play Solaris Lorica (just as I showed previously in my 2 messages linked with one giving a PoB to a Lorica setup which was totaly working), or Coruscating Elixir for example. And going for those erzats of Shavronne does not imply any change in skill tree or in gem setup. So you can play exactly the same build without Shavronne. So even if the affixe "Chaos damage cannot bypasse Energy Shield" is a core affixe for this build, this does not make a specific items a "core item". And what I was talking about was "core items" and not "core mechanics".

The only item that can be agruably added to the "core item" list in this situation is Memory Vault. Not playing this helmet just put in ballance Determination aura. But this does not question the principle of this build : playing 7 auras. So this does not question the specificity of this RF build. If we do not play Memory Vault we can switch Determination for an other aura, like Hast for example.
And this does not imply any other change in the skill tree or in the gems setup except this switching Determination for an other aura with 50% reservation mana. That's why I do not consider Memory Vault as a "core item" for this build.
Id like to add that one of my personal specifications for this build was to have a lot of armour preferablyin the 50k+ range. This is only pissible with memory vault.

Its true one can replace memory vault for a 6 link elder helm and roughly double the RF damage and haste instead of determination but in this case the build loses a big chunk of physical survivability. That is the reason i have dismissed a elder helm as an option in this build. I like my builds to be consistently safe and tanky in any situation if possibl and i rather give up dps in terms of survivability.
Also i would not use haste as it provides very little utility to this build and doesnt synergize like determination and memory vault does.

But of course anyone is free to make a build fitting for oneself.
Just thought I'd thank you zzang for posting this build. I am loving it so far. I didn't think I'd like the play style but its so tanky that I can safely do content I haven't before. I've played casually since open beta and beat shaper for the first time last week using this build. I've done about 6 runs now and haven't died or even ported to town yet. I knew the mechanics well so it worked out. I do have one complaint though. The DPS sees quite a large increase from a +1 shavs. I believe that is the most unrealistic piece of gear in the entire build which I understand is min-maxed but for being touted as legacy free/mirror worthy gear free. That piece seems like its in the category to me.

I'll post my gear and some stats as this point but I am hopeful that with the last two jewels and skill points I'll be (near the advertised level of ES and DPS (less the +1 shavs).

Level 93
14,376 ES
51,375 armour
82/80/81 resistances
727k SR DPS
443k RF DPS

Once I last jewels and mana nodes. I'll have better DPS and almost 15k ES.

Spoiler

Well, after looking for some corruptions and extra lvls, i've done all the endgame content with this build: Uber Atziri, Shaper Guardians (on Dmg Mods), Elder Guardians (t16), Chayula (deathless) and even Uber Elder (although i died 4 times).
Also done all my Challengues this league.

Spoiler

My Final Gear:

Some Content done:

Spoiler

Hydra dmg mods

Minotaur Dmg mods

Chayula

T16 Elder Guardians

Uber Elder (no deathless, i'm noob)

And again, thanks for the Build, really tanky, can even tank Phoenyx and T16 Eradicator.
Really enjoyed this build :D

Edit:
Thanks to Lagrossesimone for the kind Answers!

Last edited by FenZ_746 on Jul 22, 2018, 6:01:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info