Joe's Stream.

April 30, 2018.

Played my ranger today, and got about halfway through Act 8 (I think I just need to do the Lunar and Solar Eclipse quests) before having to call it good due to me starting to nod off (bad sleep).

Yugul fight

I also had a viewer today (Richisback) who helped me out a bit, what with me being a newbie and all. So if you're reading this Rich, thanks a bunch! He also showed a video of his ninja (shadow class?) running a map. MY EYES!

Hope your graphics card is up to snuff!

Aaaand during a normal Laby run I found this item.

I so want to fire up my shadow right now, but I reeeeaaally don't want to start at Act 1 again (and let's not forget that I've lost two shadow characters already. I don't seem to be having much luck with shadows. My current one is SSF standard, but still,....). :\

But, that's it on that. And here's the records I played today:

GWAR - Scumdogs of the Universe
Frank Zappa - We're Only in it for the Money
Roky Erickson - The Evil One

Okay, gonna do it for me. Time to call it a night. I might be streaming later on, but that hinges on whether or not I'm still awake. But until then, take care and thanks for reading/watching. It's much appreciated. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing some records and doing some range(r) roving.
My Patreon page.

Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on May 1, 2018, 8:43:10 AM
May 1, 2018.

Played my ranger today, and mostly did normal Laby runs and a cruel one as well, trying to get as many chromatic orbs as I can, as rapiers seem to have a hard time with red and blue sockets.

Izaro fights.

The whole goal of this session was to pretty much get back to using a rapier again, and not a yucky - for my ranger anyway - sword, which I eventually did, but at the cost of a socket though. >:|

But otherwise it was a good session overall. And why a rapier and not a sword?:

• It suits the class, all DEX.

• Variety among my characters. My marauder uses clubs, my duelist uses swords, my shadow uses claws/daggers, my Templar uses staves, etc. Wouldn't feel right having 2+ characters with the same weapon.

• As innocuous as it might sound they have the longest melee reach in the game (I think). Great for killing stuff before they can get close to you, especially bosses/rares/uniques.

• Stabbing stuff looks more realistic/aesthetically pleasing (to me) when you do ~6-7 attacks per second. Slashing, not near so much.

Oh, and before I forget, here's the records I played today:

Jethro Tull - Aqualung
The Sting - Movie Soundtrack
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Kraftwerk - Autobahn

Okay, gonna call it a night. I might be on later today though. Until then, take care and thanks for watching/reading. And have a good night. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Vinyls and Path of Exile (ranger, possibly other classes as well).
My Patreon page.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on May 2, 2018, 2:35:43 AM
May 2, 2018.

Completed Act 8 on my ranger. Yaaaay!

Dusk & Dawn fights

Solaris & Lunaris fight

And for tomorrow, in all likelihood, I'll probably just continue on Act 9. I'm also considering playing my hardcore characters more, having knowing a bit more about all the fights and mechanics and whatnot, so less rushing headlong to pointless deaths with those guys. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

And my work week has started, so it'll be short and sweet streams until Monday. And here's the records I played today:

Frank Zappa - Ship Arriving Too Late to Save a Drowning Witch
N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton

Okay, gotta get ready for work now. running late making this blog post and uploading videos. Take care and see ya tomorrow (hopefully). Thanks for reading/watching. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Spinning a few vinyls while running with my ranger.
My Patreon page.
May 3, 2018.

Got on about 30 mins early today ie. I could stream 30 mins longer. Amazing what getting good sleep can accomplish. :]

Some good progress on my ranger today, doing some of those optional quests in Act 9. And it looks like I'll be working on some more of those tomorrow. Or maybe try another Laby attempt, not sure which yet.

Shakari fight

And here's the records I played today:

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II
Sheila E - The Glamorous Life
Rush - Caress of Steel (most of it)

Okay, gotta get ready for work, make this blog post, upload a vid, busy busy. So, until next time, take care and see ya next time. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing a few records while playing ranger (and others, maybe).
My Patreon page.
May 4, 2018.

Did it! I FINALLY beat The Cruel Labyrinth!

Izaro fights

But after this, I just continued on the Act 9 questline and made it to the The Quarry waypoint, and also did a couple ascendancy trials as well (2 down, 1 to go). And it looks like more of the same tomorrow. I'm on a roll right now!

And for the vinyls I played today they were:

Vangelis - Earth
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Henson Cargill - Skip a Rope (never heard this one before. . . . country music. Won't be playing this one again. It's old-school country, but still,.... :\ )

Okay, have to get ready for work. Running late, due to me forgetting to disable my Windows Update before streaming (lost 15 mins because of this, once it starts I can't stop it). So, take care and thanks for reading/watching. Mucho appreciated. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing a few vinyl albums while killing stuff.
My Patreon page.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on May 4, 2018, 10:15:01 PM
May 5, 2018.

Did a bit of both today, both storyline (made it to the Belly of the Beast) and a Laby run (which was successful!). So, a pretty productive session today. :]

Garukhan fight

And for tomorrow,. . . . more of the same! Tried to play my duelist this morning off-stream. Couldn't do it. Liking my ranger too much now, especially after doing The Cruel Laby. I'm on a roll with her right now!

Anyways, here's the vinyls I played this time around:

Motorhead - Overkill
Paul Simon - Graceland

Okay, have to get ready for work. Thanks for reading/watching, and have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Spinning a few vinyls and poking my way through Act 9 and/or The Laby (Pathfinder Ranger).
My Patreon page.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on May 5, 2018, 10:05:23 PM
May 6, 2018.

This time around, I just did a couple of Laby runs, hoping to get enough mats to change my AoE a bit, which was achieved (still in the experimental stage though):

Otherwise, I had a good time today. Some good long convo from a fellow streamer, as well as a new viewer (although he didn't stick around long) as well. :]

Butthole Surfers - Independent Worm Saloon
KISS - Self-Titled Debut

Okay, gotta get ready for work. Session ran a little long so now I'm a little behind now. Take care, and have a good day/night. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Spinning records and working on Act 9 and/or The Laby (Pathfinder Ranger).
My Patreon page.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on May 6, 2018, 9:53:45 PM
May 7, 2018.

Great session today, made some good progress. I managed to complete Act 9 and am starting up in Act 10 now (although I couldn't record the 3 sub-boss battles before the final boss, since I had to rush through them. :[ ). Almost to the end!

The Depraved Trinity fight

And for next session, in all likelihood I'll continue on my ranger, unless by some great grand miracle I decide to play something else (hard to do, too hooked on my ranger right now). I also beat my longest stream time for this game at 4 and a half hours as well. Like I said, one helluva session today!

Pink Floyd - The Endless River
Ween - God Ween Satan
Bill Justis - Plays 12 More Big Instrumental Hits

Okay, time to call it a night. I might be on later though. If/when I do, it'll probably be Pinball Arcade. But until then, take care and thanks for watching/reading. And see ya next time. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing some records while working on Act 9 and/or a Laby run or two.
My Patreon page.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on May 8, 2018, 3:17:34 AM
May 8, 2018.

Pretty good session today. I just mostly worked on Act 10 and tried The Merciless Labyrinth for the first time. Died at the first Izaro fight, surprise surprise. So it seems I have some work to do on the logistics front. Lack of DPS, monsters taking a long time to kill, something taking a huge chunk of my health off if not one-shotting me outright (Diablo 2 flashbacks kicking in :[ ). Yeah....

And tomorrow is the start of my work week again, so I'll probably be just treading water until I get my gear upgraded, starting with this item. I'm trying to get all the sockets linked, but I reckon it's gonna take a while:

But aside from all that, well, that's a wrap for today. And here's the vinyl records I played today:

Roky Erickson - Gremlins Have Pictures
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother

Okay, time to call it a night. I might be on later today, probably streaming Pinball Arcade. Until then, thanks for reading. Take care and have a good day/night.

"Joe's Stream" Vinyls and stabby styles. Late stream. :[
My Patreon page.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on May 9, 2018, 2:18:33 AM
May 9, 2018.

Had a wetod moment this morning, and forgot to switch my stream info on Twitch from Pinball Arcade to this game. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

So I probably had viewers that didn't show up because they thought I wasn't streaming PoE tonight when I actually was. So if you're reading this, sorry about that. :[

Buut anyway, today I just worked on the Act 10 questline, and made it as far as having to go kill Kitava. Almost there!

Avarius, Reassembled fight

Vilenta fight

And here's what I played today:

Black Sabbath - Vol. 4
Richard Pryor - .... is it something I said?

Okay, gotta get ready for work. Running late blogging and uploading, surprise surprise. Thanks for reading/watching, and have a good night. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Spinning records and stabbing my way through Act 10/The Laby.
My Patreon page.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on May 9, 2018, 10:12:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info