Joe's Stream.

May 10, 2018.

Played my duelist a little bit this morning, off-stream. Sooooooo, he's now using Puncture (guaranteed bleed, lasts twice as long). With slashing weapons. And an ascendancy that's centered around Fortify. This guy's a mess! Maybe I should've picked gladiator instead of champion (I picked champion since I play hardcore and Fortify is easy to get. I needed some defense to go with the offense). One of these days I'm going to have to really spend some time with this guy to get him to where he needs to be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the stream, I did my dailies and a (Merciless) Laby run on my ranger. Did okay, made it past the first Izaro fight, but stood no chance on the second:

Izaro fight

Then I switched over to my duelist, to try to make head or tail out of my current build. I'm really going to have to work on this guy, it's going to be a long foray into production hell. Surprisingly I beat The Puppet Mistress though:

The Puppet Mistress fight

Pretty good session otherwise. And here's the records I played:

Fugazi - Red Medicine
Kraftwerk - Radio-Activity

Okay, have to get ready for work. Running late, as usual. Take care and thanks for reading/watching, and see ya next time. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing records while Viper Striking stuff.
My Patreon page.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on May 10, 2018, 10:13:29 PM
May 11, 2018.

Like yesterday, I did dailies and a Laby run on my ranger, then switched over to my duelist. And I just went ahead and set him to what he originally had, Dual Strike for single-target, and Cleave for AoE, especially since he has this item (won't show in the passive tree):

Overwhelming Odds

I also, like on my ranger, switched out from Vitality to Haste. I didn't know it when I first used it, but Vitality gives life regen based on % of max health, not a flat number like I had thought. And considering that all my guys have low max health this gem really doesn't help that much. So I switched from that to Haste. Life just got a lot easier on my duelist now. :]

Buuut anyways, here's the records I played today:

Moody Blues - On the Threshold of a Dream
The Golden Age of Dixieland Jazz, 1887-1937
Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture (side one)

Okay, have to get ready for work now. Thanks for reading, and have a good night. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Some record playing and monster fileting/bashing/stabbing/bleeding out.
My Patreon page.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on May 11, 2018, 9:51:27 PM
May 12, 2018.

Good session. Played my ranger a bit, then switched over to my duelist, just like yesterday. And I managed to get him past Act 6, and is now starting up in Act 7.

The Brine King fight

And so for tomorrow I'll probably do the same thing again, play my ranger for a while, then switch to my marauder this time, and start working on him some.

And here's the vinyls I played today:

Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced?
Tom Lehrer - That Was the Year That Was
The Residents - Meet The Residents (side one)

Okay, have to start getting ready for work now. Thanks for reading/watching. And until next time, take care and have a good day/night. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Vinyls, and rangering away (might play other classes as well).
My Patreon page.
My Youtube channel
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on May 12, 2018, 9:59:11 PM
May 13, 2018.

Just like yesterday, I played my ranger a bit. But this time, I got on my shadow character instead, and for the most part, just rushed through Act 1. I also had some moral support/advice from a viewer as well, which really helped (I was basically underleveled/geared for the Act). :]

Merveil Twitch clip

So for tomorrow it'll be hopefully more of the same, leveling up my shadow and playing my ranger a little bit, just like I've been doing for a while now.

And with that, here's the records I played today:

Funkadelic - One Nation, Under a Groove
Tom Waits - Swordfishtrombones
Rachmaninoff - Concerto No. 2 in C Minor for Piano & Orchestra

Okay, gotta get ready for work. Running late due to trying to kill Merveil. Take care and thanks for watching/reading, and have a good night. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing records and my (pathfinder) ranger, maybe other classes too.
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on May 13, 2018, 10:00:57 PM
May 14, 2018.

Aaaand like yesterday, I played my ranger for a bit, then decided to play my marauder. I managed to complete Act 6, but indeed it was a bittersweet victory, as I died to The Brine King. :[

Abberath fight

The Puppet Mistress fight

The Brine King fight

On one end, I feel embarrassed that I died to a brain fart. Not the most dignified way to go, to be sure. On the other hand, I'm impressed that he made it as far as he did, considering how slow and sluggish he is. I figured he'd have died long ago at Kitava. So now, only my duelist is left (and my Templar, whenever I get around to actually playing him) to carry the HC torch!

But okay, enough of that now. Here's the records I played today (sweet deal at the thrift store today!):

Chicago Transit Authority (aka Chicago) - Self-Titled Debut
The Doobie Brothers - Minute by Minute
Devo - New Traditionalists

Okay, time to call it a night. Need to unwind and probably get a nap in as well. I'll probably stream some Pinball Arcade later if I can stay awake long enough. But until then, take care and thanks for reading/watching. It's greatly appreciated. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing vinyl as well as my ranger and possibly other classes too.
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
May 15, 2018.

Great progress on my marauder (5 hours streaming PoE too, that's a record!), but very rocky. My computer restarted about halfway through the stream, and the game crashed twice. One was just before I killed Gruthkul, (luckily I recovered quickly enough to come back and finish her off before the area reset) and the other was during the last battle vs. Izaro, presumably because the game got too overwhelmed by all the adds in the fight, due to lack of DPS (I definitely know what I'll be working on next).

So now he is all done with Act 7, and is now just past Doedre the Vile in Act 8, when I called it a night.

Maligaro fight

Gruest fight

Gruthkul fight

Arakaali fight

Doedre fight

And now here's all the records I played today (more sweet deals at Goodwill today!)

Saturday Night Fever - Movie Soundtrack
Sonny Rollins & Co. - The Standard Sonny Rollins
Edvard Grieg - Peer Gynt Suite
Blood, Sweat, and Tears - Self-Titled Second Album

Okay, gonna call it a night. A lot of uploading to do. And chances of a later stream are slim, since I'll probably be spending most of my night getting videos uploaded (on both Youtube and Twitch). So, until next time, take care and thanks for watching/reading. I appreciate it. ;] And have a good night.

"Joe's Stream" Playing some records and. . . . characters chosen at random. (before comp restart)
"Joe's Stream" Playing some records and. . . . characters chosen at random. (after comp restart)
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on May 16, 2018, 2:54:33 AM
May 16, 2018.

Good progress on my marauder today (I played my ranger too, but not for very long, just long enough to do my dailies). I successfully completed The Cruel Labyrinth and also completed the "Love is Dead" quest in Act 8 (although I forgot to record the boss battle, as I didn't know there was a boss. I thought it was just a bunch of zombies and nothing more. Oops!).

Izaro fights

And so tomorrow, probably more of the same, unless mood hits me right and I decide to play my shadow instead, especially with all the uniques I keep getting:

But anyway, that's a wrap for today. Here's the records I played today:

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Detroit Symphony Orchestra - Bolero and Capriccio Espagnol, Opus #34
Turk Murphy - Barrelhouse Jazz (side one)

Okay, have to get ready to go to work. Take care and thanks for reading/watching. And see ya next time. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing vinyl and PoE for a little while (have to work tonight).
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on May 16, 2018, 10:03:01 PM
May 17, 2018.

Another good session. Made some nice progress on my marauder today, completing Act 8 and making it part way into Act 9. And I love how my screen turns blurry - looking almost like a pixelated game - when I'm Ground Slamming a whole bunch of monsters. It's actually the game's way to keep from lagging (I think), but still looks kinda cool though.

Yugul fight

Dawn & Dusk fights

Solaris & Lunaris fight

Shakari fight

And I definitely can see why the juggernaut ascendancy is the most popular one in PoE (according to this) Life regen for days. Being all but immune to stuns and slows. Near-infinite endurance charges. I think he's pretty much knocked my ranger off the top spot. Looks like he's back to being my main once again. :]

Well, that's it on that. And here's the records I played today:

Bruce Springsteen - The River
Stan Getz - With Laurindo Almeida
Led zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV
MC5 - Kick Out the Jams

Okay, that's it for tonight. And I'm not sure if I'll be streaming anymore today, as I've had some bad sleep the past two days and am now incurring some sleep debt. If it happens, it happens though. But until then, take care and thanks for reading/watching, and have a good day/night.

"Joe's Stream" Playing some vinyl and some Path of Exile (no idea which class though). (before maintenance)
"Joe's Stream" Playing some vinyl and some Path of Exile (no idea which class though). (after maintenance)
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
May 18, 2018.

Worked on my marauder today. And he's now in Act 10, to where all he has to do is kill Kitava, after which I called it a night (bad sleep, right side of my middle back hurting for some reason). So tomorrow I'm thinking about finishing up Act 10 on him, but we'll see. I'd still like to play my shadow some, but I'm liking my marauder too much right now.

Garukhan fight

Doedre, Maligaro, and Shavronne fights

The Depraved Trinity fight

Avarius fight

Vilenta fight

And that's that on that. Here's the records I played today:

Rush - 2112
The Cure - Disintegration
Devo - Shout

Okay, that's a wrap for today. Like yesterday, streaming later is iffy, as I'm short on sleep and spent most of the night uploading my videos and making this blog post. Otherwise, take care and thanks for reading/watching. And see ya next time. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Vinyls, and playing my marauder (and maybe others as well) some more. (before internet restart)
"Joe's Stream" Vinyls, and playing my marauder (and maybe others as well) some more. (after internet restart)
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
May 19, 2018.

Very good session today, especially when I get a viewer that was actually pretty chatty, and was coaching/advising me through a lot of it. I needed it, what with me being new and all. Some good convo overall as well. So if you're reading this, thanks again. :]

So, Act 10 is finally done, but not without difficulty:

Kitava fight

So, after that humiliating battle, I just started running maps, trying to get a feel for how these work. I like it so far, way more variety than Diablo 3 and 2. So I imagine I'll probably just keep doing this until I get burnt and play another class or something. I made it!

Anyways, here's the vinyls I played today:

Kraftwerk - Ralf & Florian
Miles Davis - Bitches' Brew
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme

Okay, gonna do it for me today. Time to call it a night. Like yesterday, I might be streaming later today - around 4-4:30am-ish, US central time - if I'm awake at the time. But until then, thanks for watching/reading, and have a good night. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing records and my marauder (possibly other classes as well).
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info