Joe's Stream.

October 4, 2018.

Almost all ranger today (tried playing my duelist but died too much, sometimes just suddenly dropping dead for no apparent reason. :\), running maps. But this time using my Dual Strike build, and eventually trying out a unique kind of Frost Blades build, using these items now:

I've only done a couple runs with it, but so far it's a very interesting setup, the only drawback being that I can no longer use my Vitality gem, making Blood Rage a pain in the butt to maintain. But chances are pretty good that I'll still keep playing this build next session, trying to iron out the kinks.

But yeah, a good session otherwise. And I recently switched weapon transmogs, and:

Behold, my icy baguettes of death lol!

But anyway, that's the session for today. And here's the records I played:

Jethro Tull - Stand Up
Chicago Transit Authority (aka Chicago) - Self-Titled Debut

Okay, gotta start getting ready for work now. Running late making this blog post (Imgur wasn't working for a while). Take care and thanks for reading/watching, and seee ya'll next time. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing records while running maps/Labys/prophs before I have to work.
My Youtube Channel.

Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Oct 4, 2018, 9:59:56 PM
October 5, 2018.

All ranger today, running maps and experimenting with my cold/frozen-based Frost Blades and Dual Strike builds today. Working pretty good so far, but gonna need to build up a lot of Chromatic Orbs in order to fine tune the build further. So, a work in progress indeed.

Lol cheater!

Oh, and the reason I'm phasing out poison/chaos and going into a freeze-based build is because shattering enemies don't leave a corpse, which poison/chaos doesn't do, practically a requirement for all my builds now.

But, another good session today, and here's the records I played:

Frank Zappa - Hot Rats
Motorhead - Self-Titled Debut
Frankie Yankovic (no relation to Weird Al Yankovic) and His Yanks - Polka Time!

Okay, have to get ready for work. As always, thanks for watching/reading. Take care and have yourselves a great night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC, Frost Blades ranger, maybe others] Vinyls, and running maps/Labys/prophs before I gotta work.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Oct 5, 2018, 9:39:59 PM
October 6, 2018.

Ranger again today, further working on my Frost Blades build. I big-time gambled out of using these:

And switched back to these:

I also got some Pierce action going as well (projectiles blow through up to 5 targets). And the results: Not terrible, but definitely not as big a payoff as I'd hoped. Mainly because I didn't know that the Your Hits can only Kill Frozen enemies part of:

could be bypassed by dealing poison damage as the killing blow, which I phased out when I re-overhauled this build. So now, I'm really at the mercy of the RNG (specifically my crit %). It's now a build that works. . . . until it doesn't. Whoops. -_-

So, I now have to make a decision on whether or not to go back to my default Viper Strike build, kill 'em quick and consistent, but have to deal with corpses blowing up in my face, or just keep it the way it is and hope to get more crit % from somewhere (crits = 100% to freeze targets), so I'm not having to continue DPSing a monster that's still at 1hp until a crit kicks in and finishes him off, but not leaving anything behind that can be revived/eaten/blown up in my face.

Oh well, matters for another time. And here's the 33rpms I played:

The Alan Parsons Project - Tales of Mystery and Imagination
Devo - Duty Now for the Future
Frank Zappa - One Size Fits All

Okay, gotta get ready for work. Running late making this blog post. And as always, thanks for reading, and have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC, Frost Blades ranger, maybe others] Spinning LPs while running maps, maybe other stuff as well if I have time.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Oct 6, 2018, 10:03:59 PM
October 7, 2018.

This morning off-stream, after doing/abandoning my dailies I switched back to my old Viper Strike build, after having my ass handed to me several times by monsters that seemingly stayed at 1hp forever (see previous post), some crappy RNG. I guess I'll just have to deal with corpses/parasites now until I can figure something out. >.<

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the evening stream, it was all ranger today, running maps and some prophesies as well. I even managed to complete a couple new maps: The Factory (which I just barely completed), and the Pit map (which went surprisingly easy).

Aaaaaand I figured out the missing piece to my corpse puzzle:

I forgot I had this. On the downside, my mana regen and Intelligence takes a nose dive because of it (ie. less sustainability), but those are the breaks.

My Wrath is better than your Wrath lol! (forgot to add this in yesterday)

Good session today otherwise. And here's the LPs I played this time:

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Sonny Rollins - Standards
Tchaikovsky - Nutcracker Suite

Have to get ready for work now. And today is the last day of my work week, so tomorrow and Tuesday I'll be able to stream longer (usually 4-5 hours). But, until then, take care and thanks for watching/reading, and see ya next time. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC, Viper Strike ranger] LP records and running maps 'n stuff before I gotta work.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Oct 8, 2018, 6:39:26 PM
October 8, 2018.

Today was a good day!

Very good session today! And it was all ranger this time, running some maps as well as some prophesies. And also had some good convo with VLADK0825 as well. Always a good thing!

Joe's Photos (Good to have my Pyre ring back!)

When uploading my images with Imgur I came across this, which I thought was freaking hilarious!

And for the records I played today (unusually short blog post considering the amount of time I was streaming. :\) they were:

Ween - God Ween Satan
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Vangelis - Opera Sauvage
Richard Pryor - ...is it something I said?

Okay, time to call it a night. Gotta get a nap in if there's any chance at all that I'll be streaming again later on (either Diablo 3 or World of Warcraft, not sure which yet). But aside from that, thanks for watching/reading. I appreciate it. Take care and have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing vinyl records while running some maps and maybe other stuff. [SSF SC]
My Youtube Channel.

Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Oct 9, 2018, 1:41:36 AM
October 9, 2018.

Short stream today. >.<

About a couple hours in the game started fucking up, disconnects, lag spikes and all that. I ended up just abandoning the game/stream since there was no point in trying to continue.

Otherwise, I just did what I did yesterday, running maps and prophesies on my ranger.

In all likelihood I'll probably just play either World of Warcraft or Diablo 3 instead (not sure which yet).

Joe's Photos

Another near-perfect red blossom shot!

A good session though, for the little time I was actually on. But here's the few records I managed to play:

Saturday Night Fever - Movie Soundtrack
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew (side 1)

I'll just try again tomorrow. And coincidentally, I didn't get diddly-squat for sleep either, since all my sleep time was dream/nightmare filled, so I'll probably get a nap or 2 in as well (I never try to actually sleep at night, since it would completely throw off my sleep schedule). Otherwise, thanks for reading/watching, and take care. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing some records while running maps/prophs/Labys. [SSF SC]
My Youtube Channel.
October 10, 2018.

Very busy session today! I mostly ran rare shaped Beach maps. And mucho mats were gotten today. And best of all, I only recall me dying once in all these. :D

Evidence

Just a sample of what's dropping in these!

If you want blood (You've got it)

You can definitely tell where the monsters spawned.

Swath of Destruction, parts 1 & 2

Yummy yummy spaghetti!

And here's the records I played today:

Todd Rundgren - Todd (sides 3 & 4. Sides 1 & 2 were missing when I bought it)
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Frank Zappa - We're Only in it for the Money

Okay, gotta get ready for work now. Like always, thanks for reading/watching. Take care and have yourselves a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Vinyls, and running some maps/prophs/Labys before I have to work. [SSF SC]
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Oct 10, 2018, 9:38:52 PM
October 11, 2018.

This morning off-stream I did an Untainted Paradise map for the first time. Awesome map, but not surprisingly it's super rare!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the evening stream it was mostly ranger (with my marauder doing a quick Beach map run), running Elder-flavored rare/corrupted maps and some prophesies. I also did a Laby run as well.

Joe's Photos (map completion edition)

And even my wee widdle 'ol mawader did a baby map!

And this was just one of many!

So, a good session today. And here's the records I played:

KISS - Self-Titled Debut
Herb Albert's Tijuana Brass - Whipped Cream & Other Delights
Butthole Surfers - Locust Abortion Technician

Okay. And in one of my rare instances, I actually have some time left over after doing all my blog hoop-jumping, so I'll probably fun around on WoW or something. But otherwise, thanks for reading/watching, and have yourselves a great night/day. See ya soon! ;]

"Joe's Stream" Spinning LPs and running some maps, maybe other stuff too. [SSF SC, Viper Strike ranger]
My Youtube Channel.
October 12, 2018.

Finally! My ranger has reached level 88!

Otherwise, it was the same as yesterday, running Elder-flavored maps and doing up some prophesies, as well as doing a Laby run as well.

Joe's Photos

Boogers and blood. Yum!

A good but not great white blossom shot.

A good session today (especially considering I only died once today), just like yesterday. And here's the 33s I played this time:

Fugazi - Red Medicine
Joe Walsh - The Smoker You Drink, The Player You Get
Vangelis - Earth

Okay, going to get ready for work now. As always, thank you for reading/watching, and have yourselves a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing records while running some maps & prophs. [SSF SC, Viper Strike ranger]
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Oct 12, 2018, 10:06:45 PM
October 13, 2018.

Goood session today. Like yesterday, I mostly ran Elder/Shaper-flavored (Channel and Gorge specifically) "all-in" maps. And much lootsies resulted from this!

Joe's Photos

Oh, and if it seems like these map tiers are way too low for me, then 1). Just going where the Elders and Shapers are at, and 2). I've died on blue tier 1 maps, especially on my other guys. This is actually a step up for me!

Wow! Some serious legwork! (found this when uploading screenshots)

And, best of all, I didn't die once today! Yaaay me!

Okay lol! And here's the vinyls I played today:

Motorhead - Overkill
Paul Simon - Graceland
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II

Okay, gotta get ready for work now. Thanks for watching/reading. Always appreciated! Take care all, and have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Vinyls and running some maps and prophs before I gotta work. [SSF SC, Viper Strike ranger]
My Youtube Channel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info