Joe's Stream.

September 14, 2018.

Mostly ranger today. And I went back to my old school Viper Strike build, after looking at the way Dual Strike actually works (all on-hit effects are only counted once, not twice like I originally thought). I also switched back from Withering Touch to Vile Toxins as well, if only to lower the mana cost of Viper Strike a bit

Played marauder a little bit, but come to find out he is actually in a worse predicament than my duelist. One, his health is actually LOWER than my duelist, due to him having to use Blood Magic, as he was VERY unsustainable otherwise:

Why gee, I can't imagine why.... (Oh, and recently I tried using a Clarity gem, but it don't work too good when most of your mana is reserved, due to the way the gem works. Oops!)

Secondly, piss-poor low DEX and INT. Good luck trying to get any non-red gems to level 20. Gonna have problems with higher-end gear as well. He's definitely a logistical nightmare (like my duelist used to be for the longest time), that's for sure.

But aside from that, a good session today. And here's the vinyls I played this time around:

Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
Alan Parsons Project - I Robot
Ravel - Bloero/Rimsky-Korsakov - Capriccio Espagnol
The Sting - Movie Soundtrack
Jethro Tull - This Was

Well, that's gonna do it for me. Thanks for reading/watching, and have yourselves a good night. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing vinyl records while running with my ranger. Needing a break from My Dying Duelist.
My Youtube Channel.
September 15, 2018.

Mostly ranger today, like has been recently. I dabbled a bit in marauder and duelist, but that's about it.

Made a couple of Laby attempts, both ended in failure. Killed by Izaro's Sunder attack, surprise surprise. And a guy named Spartanama showed me a website called POELab that's useful when Laby running. Definitely part of my repertoire now! Good call, Spart. :D

A few gory details

Looks kinda like an apple with a green coonskin cap!

Otherwise, this session was nothing to write home about. Had some people swing by - one of which I think is going to be a regular - and visit me, so there was a bright spot in all this. :]

And here's all the LPs I played today:

Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced?
Jethro Tull - Stand Up
Django Reinhardt - First Recordings
The Residents - Meet The Residents
Butthole Surfers - Independent Worm Saloon

Aaaaaaand that'll do 'er for the session today. Thanks for reading/watching, and have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing some records while doing some ranger running. Late stream today!
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Sep 16, 2018, 3:29:56 AM
September 16, 2018.

Had some difficulty getting started. Bought a new tablet, but it's slow as hell. It's actually slower than my cell phone. That's pretty damn bad. :\

But as for the session I ran a fair amount of Merciless Labys today, as well as a few maps. Gotta love that POELab!

I also tried overhauling my duelist. He was going to be wielding claws and using Puncture, but a few oversights and lack of mats have rendered him unplayable now. I now have to wait until I get some more mats before I can fix things right again. Definitely a failed experiment. :\

Some more screenies.

Oh, what a white blossom shot!

What a drop! These gems are all level 20 by the way.

Otherwise a pretty good session overall. And here's all the records I played today:

Frank Zappa - Hot Rats
Bill Cosby - 200 M.P.H.
Frankie Yankovic (no relation to Weird Al Yankovic) and His Yanks - Polka Time
NWA - Straight Outta Compton
Motorhead - Self-Titled Debut
The Honolulu Guitars - Hawaii, Isle of Paradise
The Charles "Kaipo" Miller Serenaders - Hawaiian Paradise

Okay, time to call it a night. Thanks for reading. Take care and have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Spinning some vinyl records while running Labys and mappies.
My Youtube Channel.
September 17, 2018.

Fairly busy session today. Just ran some more Labys - including a couple Uber ones - as well as some maps. Mostly on my ranger, but played a bit on my marauder and duelist as well.

And I fully completed a new map today: The Spider Forest.

Spider Forest boss fight

I think I found a cure for my marauder's unsustainability (found in Vorici's shop):

Yeee haw! Of course, I'll have to sac one of my other rings to this, so there'll be a trade-off. Beats having to go back to hybrid flasks, that's for sure.

And I also fixed my duelist, finally. Now he's back to his old a-hop hop hopin' along while dying-in-one-hit-because-of-low-max-health-while-monsters-die-shortly-afterwards-because-he-deals-such-good-bleed-damage self!

But overall, a good session today. And I even had a few people stop by for a chat today, always good!

Joe's Photos

Some awesome blue blossom shots!

And here's all the records I played today:

Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
Ween - God Ween Satan
Devo - Shout
Kraftwerk - Radio-Activity

Time to call it a night. Gotta get few naps in, since I only had an hour and a half of sleep today. And most likely I won't be streaming later on today because of this. Otherwise, thanks all for reading/watching, always appreciated! And seee y'all next time. Take care. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing LP albums while running some Labys and some mappies.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Sep 18, 2018, 1:55:10 AM
September 18, 2018.

Well, first things first. I gave my old tablet - the one where I thought the wi-fi was totally shot because I made the mistake of leaving it in my hot car - another chance, and lo and behold it worked just fine. Apparently it was an ISP issue. :\

And as for today I did my usual, running maps and a couple Laby runs, mostly on my ranger and a little bit on my marauder. Aaaaand yet another Uber Laby fail as well, even with one of these:

Same culprit as always, his goddamn (spell-based, by the way) Sunder attack, and I ran right into it. Man, I just can't win for losing!

And also, for the first time I tried out a few new abilities with my marauder: Consecrated Path and Herald of Purity. The Consecrated Path is definitely a keeper, but the novelty on Herald of Purity wore off, as I'm not a big minion player so, back to Herald of Ash.

Otherwise, a good session today. People dropped by and everything. Even met a Croatian vinyl nut named domagoj barisic today. I learned a thing or two from him. :]

Joe's Photos
YAAAAAAAY! Finally got Zana to level 8!

Ooo la laaaaa!

Aaaaand that'll do it for the stream session today. And here's the records I played:

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
The Cure - Disintegration
The Alan Parsons Project - Tales of Mystery and Imagination
Turk Murphy - Barrelhouse Jazz

And thus concludeth today's stream. Thanks for reading/watching, and yourselves a wonderful night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Vinyl LPs and running some Labys and mapskies.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Sep 19, 2018, 1:58:40 AM
September 19, 2018.

Mostly marauder today, experimenting with a new ability: Dominating Blow. Excellent ability. This ability made me reconsider doing a minion build (normally not my playstyle). One, it consumes corpses, which is pretty much mandatory on all my builds. Secondly, any mods that monster had carry over to the new minion as well. This is new to me (I can only recall the Revive ability in Diablo 2 that also had this), having being used to turning any corpse - no matter how powerful it was in life - into a mere zombie/skeleton. Not much motivation for team-building there. But, as a viewer named Spartanama pointed out, it's best done on a Templar, not a marauder. So, if and when I decide to play a Templar,.....

But anyway, that's it for today's session. And my work week has started, so it'll be 1-2 hour session for the week. And here's the records I played today:

Metallica - Kill 'em All
Devo - Duty Now for the Future
Prince - For You

Okay, have to get ready for work now. Take care and have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Spinning records and running maps and Laby before work.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Sep 19, 2018, 9:44:44 PM
September 20, 2018.

Like yesterday, I mostly played my marauder. And he leveled up to 84!

And so with the new passive point I just spent it on Iron Grip after finding out I still had Molten Strike gems in my stash, as well as the Wildfire jewel. So, no-brainer there

And then, in a totally unexpected turn of events, I beat the Uber Laby on my marauder (couldn't get a screenshot of the victory because I had to bail out of there quick because I was getting swarmed)!

And I also managed to complete the Overgrown Shrine map (on my ranger)!

Joe's Photos

Running the Colonnade map for the first time. Good map, "impossible" boss. :[

So, a good session today! And here's the vinyls I played this time around:

Frank Zappa - One Size Fits All
Funkadelic - One Nation, Under a Groove
Rachmaninoff - Concerto No. 2

Okay, have to get ready for work. Take care and thanks for reading/watching. Always appreciated! And have a nice night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing vinyl records while doing some map/Laby running.
My Youtube Channel.
September 21, 2018.

Mostly marauder today, with a bit of ranger and duelist as well. I also spent a good chunk of time trying to force a Portal gem into my marauder's build, since using scrolls is such a pain in the butt. Didn't really work. -_-

But otherwise, a pretty run-of-the-mill session today. Not much going on this time.

Joe's Photos

And here's the LPs I played today:

The Clash - Self-Titled Debut
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
The Moody Blues - On the Threshold of a Dream

Okay, time to get ready for work. I owe, I owe, so off to work I go. Take care and thanks for watching/reading. And have yourselves a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing vinyl records while running some maps and/or Labys.
My Youtube Channel.
September 22, 2018.

Adjusted my webcam today, setting it at the bottom of my TV, instead of at the top like I've had it for the longest time. Did.not.work. Looked like I had my nose in the air the whole time.

Tried starting off on my duelist, but his - surprise surprise - low max health kept him from making any headway.

And just wasn't feeling marauderey today, so I just ended up playing my ranger instead.

Just ran maps this time, and completed a new one: Castle Ruins.

Leif, the Swift-Handed (Castle Ruins boss), 9/22/18

And I also managed to fully complete the Cursed Crypt map as well.

So, a pretty productive session today. And here's the LPs I span this session:

Herbie Hancock - Head Hunters
Sonny Rollins - Standards
Heart - Little Queen

Alrighty, time to get ready for work. Take care, and thanks for watching/reading. And seee ya next time. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Spinning LP discs while running maps and maybe Labys as well.
My Youtube Channel.
September 23, 2018.

Today is the last day of my work week. So Monday and Tuesday I should be able to stream longer (usually 4-5 hours).

And no I'm not a Christian. I just thought this GIF looked awesome!

All ranger today, running mostly Elder/Shaper-flavored Gorge maps. I also tried another Uber Laby, but died at the 2nd Izaro encounter. I actually died at his Wind Slash move though - a move I usually avoid - and not his Sunder like I usually do. So, crappy RNG this time....

Also, on a whim, I tried my hand at a sorta-kinda trap-throwing build. I kinda like it actually. Seems more like a bomb-throwing build. It might actually get my shadow out of the mothballs! (there would still be a lot of work involved though, trying to get him switched over from assassin to saboteur though)

But, a pretty meh session overall though. I had one single regular drop by to visit. But otherwise:

And I probably have just as many reasons I don't watch other people's streams as others would have for not watching mine (might sound cynical, but then again I'd probably agree with people's opinions, not blame them). It was one of the reasons I stream like I do, out of my desire to not follow the herd.

But, that's that on that. And here's the records I played today:

Devo - Oh no! It's Devo!
Vangelis - Opera Sauvage
Grofe - Grand Canyon Suite

Okay, have to get ready for work now. Running late making this blog post. Take care and thanks for reading/watching. And have yourselves a great night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing vinyls while running maps/Labys before I gotta work.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Sep 23, 2018, 10:18:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info