Joe's Stream.

April 10, 2018.

Worked on my duelist today, defeating Avarius (wasn't easy, but went smoother than on my ranger) and advancing to where you have to enter the Ossuary to get that Sign of Purity.

https://youtu.be/f8hAZd2Ijjc <<< Avarius fight

This was also my equipment malfunction session, my mic cut out for about 30 minutes while I just blithedly just kept playing on. And on my record player, the base clamp piece that holds my tone arm in place broke, so now the arm can be easily knocked off its base, possibly damaging the needle and/or the record in the process.

And for next session, it'll most likely be up in the air. Probably keep playing my duelist, progressing until just before the Kitava fight. After that, probably play my ranger and try to get her resists up before actually taking on Kitava himself, and/or work on my marauder, seeing what I can do about getting his base movement speed up so he can dodge stuff (Avarius's beams and bullet-hell attacks come to mind) without requiring flasks/Onslaught to do so.

But other than that, here's the records I played:

Frank Zappa - Ship Arriving Too Late to Save a Drowning Witch
Jigs on the Green (Irish music)
Ween - God Ween Satan, Sides 1 & 2 (3 & 4 you couldn't hear due to my mic malfunctioning)

Sooo, okay then. Time to call it a night. Too tired and ticked off at myself to really keep playing. But I might stream some more later on today though (most likely Torchlight II as I'm burnt to a crisp on Pinball Arcade). But until then, take care and have a good night. Thanks for reading/watching. Mucho appreciated. ;]

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/248983359
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Apr 11, 2018, 3:48:42 AM
April 11, 2018.

Blah session today. I didn't sleep well, tossing and turning most of the day, so it was hard to get anything going. I got the Sign of Purity on my duelist, then just worked on my ranger, trying to get her resists up. Had some success, but still have a ways to go. And my work week has started, so sessions will be fairly short now.

And the record albums I played today were:

Heart - Little Queen
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II

Okay, have to get ready for work now. Take care and see ya next time. ;]

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/249322190
April 12, 2018.

Played my ranger today, and went ahead and tried the Kitava fight, with some hilarious results (looks like I'll be researching this fight more, as I basically went in blind. :\ ):

Path of Exile: Kitava, the Insatiable (ranger, SSF Standard, failed attempt), 4/12/18

Otherwise, I managed to get my resists up to where they can survive the transition to Act VI, so she's good to go now. And tomorrow, in all likelihood I'll probably play my ranger, but we'll see come tomorrow.

And here's the vinyl records I played today:

Butthole Surfers - Locust Abortion Technician
Sheila E - The Glamorous Life
Herb Albert's Tijuana Brass - Whipped Cream & Other Delights

Okay, have to get ready for work now. Fun fun. Anyways, thanks for reading/watching. Take care, and have a good night. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing vinyl and some PoE (SSF Hardcore/Standard).
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Apr 13, 2018, 8:58:15 AM
April 13, 2018.

Had to call in from work today, as we're supposed to get 4-8" of snow tonight. No mood to drive in that crap, despite me only living a quarter-mile from work. :\

Sooo, on a day where I actually could've streamed a while ended up being a no-go, as I only got 3 hours of sleep, and was starting to get groggy part way into it.

On the upside though, I did manage to fight Kitava. And this time I beat him (having Fortify and additional max health really helped!):

>>> Kitava fight <<<

Oh, and I forgot to mention: I also did a Laby run as well. Fairly uneventful, except for:

Otherwise, I did a bit of Act VI before crying uncle and bidYAAAAAAWN! adieu.

And here's the vinyls I played today:

Pink Floyd - The Endless River
Rush - Caress of Steel

Okay, gonna call it good. I'll probably try to get a nap in and veg out a while before I might try to stream again, hopefully when I'm not so dead to the world. Until then though, take care and thanks for watching/reading. I appreciate it. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Vinyl albums and playing ranger, maybe others as well (SSF Hardcore/Standard).
April 14, 2018, 2:39 am.

Went ahead and did a "make-up" stream this morning, and worked on Act VI some. I managed to take out Tukohama without dying, yaaay me!

>>> Tukohama fight <<<

I also tried running The Labyrinth, but the game crashed just after I killed Izaro for the last time. So much for that. >.<

So, for tonight, it'll probably be random. I'm starting to burn a bit on playing ranger, so I might play another class or something. But we'll see come tonight.

Anyway, off to get something to eat and probably do some errand running before the blizzard hits (supposed to get a foot of snow tonight,. . . . in the middle of April....). Take care, and thanks for watching/reading. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing my ranger some more (Act VI, SSF Standard), no vinyl this time. Might play other classes, but we'll see.
April 14, 2018, 6:13 pm.

Called in from work again. Blizzard conditions going on right now. I'm not even gonna bother trying to drive in that!

Aside from that, I just worked on Act VI a bit on my ranger (made it to the Lower Prison waypoint), then switched over to my marauder to work on Act V. I ended up fighting Avarius and winning, miracle of miracles, considering he's slow as hell.

>>> Avarius fight <<<

Eventually I advanced a bit further in the act, to where he has to get the Sign of Purity. And tomorrow, I'll probably work on that.

And for the records I played they were:

The Beatles - White Album
Vangelis - Earth
The Residents - Eskimo

Okay, gonna call it a night. I might stream again later on, but the jury is out on that. Until then, thanks for reading/watching. And have a good night. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Spinning vinyls and playing PoE a while.
April 15, 2018.

Didn't do much this time. Got my marauder to where he has to kill Kitava, then just fiddle-farted around on my duelist. So, it looks like Kitava will be in the near future. yay :|

Buuut anyway, here's the records I played today:

Metallica - Master of Puppets
Jethro Tull - Stand Up

Okay, have to start getting ready for work. Snowstorm finally let up. So, off I go. :[

Take care, and thanks for reading/watching. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing the LPs and the PoE!
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Apr 15, 2018, 9:32:04 PM
April 16, 2018.

Worked on my ranger today, and had a good time. I switched from a Frost Blades AoE to a Blade Flurry+Cast While Channeling+Blade Vortex AoE:

I also added Charged Dash to my repertoire as well. I found that to be a pretty cool teleport/gap closer ability, easier to control than Leap Slam (hard to gauge its max range), provided I have the time to use it:

I also did a Laby run, and this time the game didn't crash after I beat Izaro for the 3rd time. Good chest drops:

Aaaaaand I also took on Shavronne and Brutus and won!:

Path of Exile: Shavronne, the Returned/Brutus (ranger), 4/16/18

So, a good session today! And here's all the records I played today:

Fugazi - In on the Kill Taker
Grofe - Grand Canyon Suite
Vangelis - Spiral
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick
Steve Miller Band - Fly Like an Eagle

Alrighty then, time to call it a night. Like always on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings I might do some more streaming, but it's pretty much random. But until then, thanks for reading/watching. Take care, and have a good night. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Vinyl and Path of Exile (pathfinder ranger, SSF Standard).
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Apr 17, 2018, 12:26:47 AM
April 17, 2018, 4:37 am.

Went ahead and created a shadow character this morning, thinking the fact that I'm playing the cool-as-hell shadow class would outweigh the fact that I'd be starting over in Act I again for the umpteenth time. But it ended up going belly up anyway, especially after realizing that this build would pretty much be the same as my ranger, making it redundant.

On the upside though, a guy from Scotland came by and visited! He had never played this game before and was interested in checking it out. I proceeded to give him information overload. I hope it didn't put him off too much. Otherwise, that's it for the morning stream.

"Joe's Stream" Creating a new shadow class,. . . . again. Oh, and no vinyl this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6:22 pm.

Worked on my ranger mostly, making it all the way to the part just before you have to kill the Brine King (still have to kill The Puppet Mistress too).

Path of Exile: Aberrath, the Cloven One (ranger), 4/17/18

I also ran a bit on my marauder as well, and got a 5-socket, all linked, body armor (forgot to screenshot it :[ ). Some massive luck there!

And tomorrow my work week starts up, so I probably won't be doing as much on those days. Probably just run around and kill stuff, or try to kill Kitava, not sure yet. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Anyway, here's the records I played:

Frank Zappa - Hot Rats
Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
The Washington Post Marching Band - 50 Fabulous March Favorites

Okay, gonna do it for me. I'll probably get a nap or two in, and possibly stream later on today, but unlikely this time since I didn't sleep well at all today (4 hours, about half of it dream-filled). But until then, thanks for watching/reading. take care and see ya next time. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Vinyl albums and doing ranger stuff (SSF Standard). Might play other characters too.
April 18, 2018.

Did mostly logistical stuff on my ranger, but I did manage to kill the Puppet Mistress though:

Path of Exile: Ryslatha, the Puppet Mistress (Ranger), 4/18/18

Otherwise, just ran around and killed stuff on her, and also did the same on my marauder as well, at least until he leveled up. And for tomorrow, probably more of the same. My work week has started, so I won't be making any grand plans for now.

And here's the stuff I played today:

Boz Scaggs - Silk Degrees
Herbie Hancock - Head Hunters

Okay, have to start getting ready for work now. Thanks for reading/watching, and see ya next time. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Records and rangers. Good stuff! (might switch up characters)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info