[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
What legion jewel should we use now that the Kiloava mod is no longer obtainable?

The modifier on the jewel doesn't matter. It only matters if you are trying to get any of the big keystones, but we don't really care about that. Only the seed matters. :)

"

-Fivers, would it be better to replace hypothermia with ruthless? It seems like it does more damage, but will the lessened cold/chill effect anything on the build?

I don't think it matters that much to be honest.
Like you say, it does seem like ruthless does slightly more damage, but since you're supposed to use it on bigger bosses anyway, I don't think the setup matters too much when mapping.

Don't panic.
"
I've played this build as a league starter now up to 4 watchstone and I have to say this build is probably not for the new player or anyone who wants to have a smooth ride.

The low range nature of the build requires that you interact with all of the bosse's mechanics and without the ability to facetank or out range. Worst yet you do not have good damage for a race situation compared to common close ranged builds. I find myself having to really mind map modifier more than just ele reflect because any added difficulty makes what's already a very hard job too challenging.

It's good and bad. For contents you cant freeze, it sometimes feels the difficulty is just right and rewarding. Other times it's frustrating and near impractical (think eradicator with any curse mod).

Overall expect to die, expect to lose currencies on mapbosses if they're rolled too hard. But if you're tired of playing metabuilds that faceroll all the content/ ignore most mechanics, this is possibly a build that is challenging and rewarding.

I agree, for new players this build might not be what they should be looking for. Some experience is required, since the damage scaling depends on somewhat understanding how the items synergize with each other.

There are also a lot of things that are easy to miss, like the importance of boot enchant, rolls on some of the modifiers etc.

I try to help out people as much as I can though. That's actually the main reason that I started streaming. It is so much easier for me to help people on stream than to write long messages here. ^^

That said, I continute to try to evolve the build every league, but right now it seems like GGG want to shit on 1H melee more and more. ^^

Don't panic.
Starting up my stream now. Come join me if you need help with anything or want to hang out. :)

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.
Hii, I'm wanting to reroll to this build. Can it do Sirus reliably? If not, is there any other skills that can fit this template?
Hi I'm running the build currently in harvest league and I'm wondering if a curse on hit set up with frostbite would be better than cast on crit with frost bomb. It seems more reliable for the minus cold resist and the debuff lasts longer. In addition, wouldn't steelskin be better considering the generally lower life pool and the evasion base? Since it can give effectively give a larger life pool.
"
Hi I'm running the build currently in harvest league and I'm wondering if a curse on hit set up with frostbite would be better than cast on crit with frost bomb. It seems more reliable for the minus cold resist and the debuff lasts longer. In addition, wouldn't steelskin be better considering the generally lower life pool and the evasion base? Since it can give effectively give a larger life pool.

Probably because frostbite is a curse and it overlap with COH assassin's mark ring which is the endgame setup. Can be useful during early/mid build where crit chance is not high and don't have COH ring yet.

As for steelskin, it shares a cooldown with immortal call so can only pick one with CWDT setup and immortal call is better even on low gem level where as steelskin is weak unless level up to 20.
"
jonojojo wrote:
"

Probably because frostbite is a curse and it overlap with COH assassin's mark ring which is the endgame setup. Can be useful during early/mid build where crit chance is not high and don't have COH ring yet.

As for steelskin, it shares a cooldown with immortal call so can only pick one with CWDT setup and immortal call is better even on low gem level where as steelskin is weak unless level up to 20.

100% ^

Don't panic.
"
TalezBR wrote:
Hii, I'm wanting to reroll to this build. Can it do Sirus reliably? If not, is there any other skills that can fit this template?

With decent gear, yes. But it's a hard fight because of the low hp of the build, and you won't be able to do it on a low budget.

Don't panic.
i could need some crafting advise:

how would u craft it further ?

i would try to craft multimod - phys dmg % - crit/quality and would try to harvest a good atkspeed roll.

or should i change something ??
Fiver FYI Disemboweling (50% crit chance, 25% crit multi) is better than Dismembering (40% crit chance, 20% crit multi, chance to maim) now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info