GGG COMPLETELY fucked up endgame in Abyss...

"
petewulf wrote:
"
Chalace2 wrote:
"

Just ran 8 maps between 8 and 12 with 100+IIR and 40-50 IIR and did not get ANY SINGLE, NOT A SINGLE TIER 1 map back. Are you serious?

This blatant lie, coupled with the obvious lack of mechanic knowledge just made your whole post a joke.
Unless of course you actually meant tier 1 exclusively in which case I'd still laugh.

Your loot filter must have turned off the map drops, obviously.

First: Thats no lie. If everything were fine i wouldn't post things like this. This is a known and serious problem, take a look at the forum. I can't count how much vaaled maps i played where my investments were at least 20c where not a single map dropped.

Second: My loot filter is configured to display ALL maps which drop with a font size, a blind man could see. Obviously tested and working.

Even with the worst RNG in the game, there is no way you did 8 properly rolled maps without getting a single map drop. It simply would not happen. It most likely wouldn't even happen if they were 8 unrolled white maps.

This right here is the 'known issue' you are referring to. People blatantly lying to prove their point.
Sure bad RNG may sometimes prevent you progressing the atlas in regards to +1 drops for a short time, but this... your talking shit.
"
Chalace2 wrote:

Even with the worst RNG in the game, there is no way you did 8 properly rolled maps without getting a single map drop. It simply would not happen. It most likely wouldn't even happen if they were 8 unrolled white maps.

This right here is the 'known issue' you are referring to. People blatantly lying to prove their point.
Sure bad RNG may sometimes prevent you progressing the atlas in regards to +1 drops for a short time, but this... your talking shit.

Ok, tell me more, looks like you have special knowledge in mathematics.
With the worst RNG in game i would never ever get any map. Never. Ever.

Also why are you accusing others for lying? Could do the same to you but thats not my intention. Its just yours.
"
Cogburn wrote:
"
IQof3 wrote:
I buy a t14 alch it chisel it

Chisel first dude ahahaha

You know what I meant :P
"
Xavathos wrote:
Abyss league sure does its job at separating the wolves from the sheep.

You mean...

...separated a no brain robots who run only shaped Vaults with Bisco and full sextant setup with blocking irrelevant mods from persons who really want to play the full game?

I like play a different maps, but this league is something incredibly ridiculous in part of map drop. I already spent more than 500c only to open my atlas and do 40 Shaper guardians for endgame grind.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
"
Miathan51 wrote:
"
Cogburn wrote:
Getting 92 takes a week of casual gameplay. You think it would be a good idea to have challenges you can complete that fast?

lmao

If you get to 92 in a week there is nothing casual about your play

casually unemployed lol
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
Abyss league sure does its job at separating the wolves from the sheep.

You mean...

...separated a no brain robots who run only shaped Vaults with Bisco and full sextant setup with blocking irrelevant mods from persons who really want to play the full game?

I like play a different maps, but this league is something incredibly ridiculous in part of map drop. I already spent more than 500c only to open my atlas and do 40 Shaper guardians for endgame grind.

No, that's not what I meant.

If you have to "buy T11+ maps because drop rate is so low" then you're just unlucky. Where do you think the maps you buy come from? Oh yeah, drops in T11+ maps. So they do drop then, apparently enough for people to sell their extras off while continuing to map just fine.

And while people like you are preaching "sky is falling" on forums, you're making it worse for yourself spreading panic and raising the prices. Thanks though, I'm making a fortune.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
I only begin to find good map drops when i reached 99 maps in atlas, before that, it was horrible. But really, the worst of endgame is not the map drops, is the stupid mechanic to obtain the last memory fragments... pure RNG like meeting liches.
"
bwam wrote:
Yup, Map drops suck.
*Throws something to bop White Knights in the head.*

*Catches it and puts it in my pocket.*

Grinding Gear Games makes Games about Grinding. Usually about Grinding Gear, but in this case we can make an exception for Maps. From the moment I started playing, I knew GGG wanted to make a game where there's always a higher goal to strive for, no matter how many hours you put into the game. That's the kind of game I like - in comparison with POE, a game like Skyrim is "finished" in the blink of an eye.

It really seems like a lot of you are suffering from the hedonic treadmill... GGG hands out easier Map drops for a while, and then when they reel it in you're sad that you lose something you never earned in the first place. Now, I know I'm taking Bex/Chris massively out of context here, but the term seems to fit:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2071848
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
I vividly remember the meeting we had where we first discussed this idea of content difficulty entitlement. The word "entitlement" usually has massively negative connotations, but it is a very accurate description of the situation that was occurring.

I just did a quick price check - unless "price fixers" are able to flood pages upon pages upon pages of search results, you can get T15 maps for at most 7 vaal a pop, or 8 chaos for a pessimist. Turns into 14 vaal/15-16 chaos for T16. Not really outrageous to experience top-level content, in my opinion.

I may be wording things very badly here though - I truly, truly believe everybody's complaints here are legitimate. GGG's game design is generating negative feelings in you that, for you personally, aren't being outweighed by the joy of overcoming it. The analogy to the old map system isn't perfect, as you guys probably aren't "sabotaging {your} own progression and then getting angry about it," but just like with the dev post, "the game design {is} at fault and {needs} to change," so that people like me can be happy about having extremely difficult goals to reach while people like you guys feel rewarded for your efforts. What I wonder is whether such a compromise is possible - create long-term challenges while also allowing average people to clear top-level content in a week. Almost sounds like an oxymoron, really.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Holy hell adghar said it well
"
Cogburn wrote:
Holy hell adghar said it well

Agreed. In before he's branded "white knight", dismissed and ignored by those he so avidly attempts to reach out to.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info