GGG COMPLETELY fucked up endgame in Abyss...

"
DicemanX wrote:

Gating access to high level content behind RNG is the fundamental problem here.

Trade is Chris Wilson's answer to RNG. If you aren't willing to trade, you'll have to work on convincing Chris to rethink one of his core design pillars.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Miská wrote:
"
Orbaal wrote:

Guardians are meant to be tough. Thats fine, no issue here.
The issue is, that once your build is good enough to take them on, the regular mapping content is easy.
Once your build can take on fully buffed Guardians with crazy mods, the regular mapping content is a boring snooze fest.

T15 bosses are laughable at this point.
Fight starts, Boss drops dead immediately and triggers the next phase.
You go through this several times per bossfight, realizing the boss itself does absolutely nothing but dropping dead asap and in the end you get loot (more often than not) not even worth looking at.

Essentially Guardians are scaled in way, that the game turns into supereasy mode once you can kill them. At this point you are down to farm rather boring (read not challenging) content and hope for toptier maps to drop, so you can challenge your build once in a while.
Or you dont care about challenge at all, run your shaped maps til your eyes are bleeding and you dont even know where to put your currency.

Im not complaining about map drops. Working out good enough this league and Id say drops are fine, which is obviously my opinion based on my experiences this league.
But I kinda do complain about the difficulty scaling. It feels weird to me right now.

Are you seriously asking for an ARPG game to be challenging at every gear level for the same boss? This is exactly what an ARPG does, and PoE does it well. Gear is supposed to blow everything out of the water at some point, with enough investment.

No you got me wrong. Probably my English is just shit, since Im not a native speaker...

My point is, that there is a massive gap between T15 and T16.
Your goal as a player is to bridge that gap. Once you did it, the game is boring.
Feels weird to me.

Might be wrong here. But I think the gap is just too huge.
If it wasnt as huge, T15 bosses wouldnt be as laughable as they are right now.

Im not smart enough to come up with a solution and I wont pretend I was.
Just saying, that I dont like the current scaling.
Thats it.
"
DicemanX wrote:
"
adghar wrote:

Grinding Gear Games makes Games about Grinding.

PoE should be about grinding for rewards, not grinding to access content.

Well said.
"
adghar wrote:
"
DicemanX wrote:

Trade is Chris Wilson's answer to RNG. If you aren't willing to trade, you'll have to work on convincing Chris to rethink one of his core design pillars.

He is, This is the feedback section.
Sorry if it seems like I'm spamming. Can't shake that urge to be repetitive this morning, for some reason.

"
DicemanX wrote:

Regardless of what we players feel,

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1823776
"
Chris wrote:
Path of Exile is still designed and intended to be multiplayer with partying and trading.

emphasis mine.

You may need to give additional information beyond "should" to convince Path of Exile game designers otherwise.

EDIT: As an example of feedback that probably has more impact beyond "I don't like it, so it should change": I can't find it in this thread, so I must have read it elsewhere: People have mentioned that trading Maps is a painful experience because you have to whisper 20 people to get 1 Map. That offers a specific design point that GGG can address without you having to convince GGG to abandon a core design principle for emotional support - seems much more realistic in terms of actually getting GGG to change something, yes?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jan 22, 2018, 10:17:36 AM
"
Orbaal wrote:

No you got me wrong. Probably my English is just shit, since Im not a native speaker...

My point is, that there is a massive gap between T15 and T16.
Your goal as a player is to bridge that gap. Once you did it, the game is boring.
Feels weird to me.

Might be wrong here. But I think the gap is just too huge.
If it wasnt as huge, T15 bosses wouldnt be as laughable as they are right now.

Im not smart enough to come up with a solution and I wont pretend I was.
Just saying, that I dont like the current scaling.
Thats it.

That's true to some extend. I think in PoE right now it is all about skill choice. You choose a GC miner and that bridge is non existing. You choose an EK nova char, you will never be able to cross that bridge comfortably.

I'm not a big fan of t16 bosses as it is. Because it's not even challenging if you pick the right skill. And unfair if you pick the wrong one. Aslong as bosses are irrelevant lootwise and reward you as much as a rare does(Wich instantly vaporizes) I couldn't care less honestly.

"
DicemanX wrote:

There is no RNG involved at all accessing content. It's called trade.
Last edited by Miská on Jan 22, 2018, 10:21:19 AM
"
Miská wrote:

I'm not a big fan of t16 bosses as it is. Because it's not even challenging if you pick the right skill. And unfair if you pick the wrong one. Aslong as bosses are irrelevant lootwise and reward you as much as a rare does(Wich instantly vaporizes) I couldn't care less honestly.

You know what I hate the most about what you´ve said?

Its the sad truth.
I really doesnt matter. Except for T16+ bosses everything else is nothing but glorified rares...
Still doesnt feel good. I´ll stick to that ^^

Have a good one
The end-game in PoE so RNG as of now. It's so stupid. At least as the league progresses, make maps drop more often. I have 3 chars around level 90 and I had to buy almost all of the maps if I wanted to do a T8+ to fill the atlas. How can there be a 'War for Atlas' when you spend most of the time buying maps from other players. It's more like 'Trade for Atlas'. Zana takes an insane grind to finish so getting high tier maps in a temp league is impossible for most players as well. My Zana is still level 6 and I have done every map and daily so far. It's just sad how the end-game, which is all about maps and mapping is gated by RNG. If you're not lucky, good luck progressing into the end-game. I don't understand what is so wrong with wanting to map, and reach 100. Players still can die, so why does GGG gate people form not being able to do end-game content? It reminds me of the guy who couldn't find the last uber trial in SSF and he was almost level 100.
We're all just walkin' through this darkness on our own.
"
adghar wrote:

Regardless of what we players feel,

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1823776
"
Chris wrote:
Path of Exile is still designed and intended to be multiplayer with partying and trading.

emphasis mine.

You may need to give additional information beyond "should" to convince Path of Exile game designers otherwise.

I think that trading for EQUIPMENT is OK, but trading for access to endgame content is too much for me. Furthermore, in PoE is designed so you cant farm challenging endgame content, so you're forced to farm much easier content instead (which you probably faceroll while eating burger in hand and "watching TV").
And that's one of GGG's biggest mistakes.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Constraint wrote:
The end-game in PoE so RNG as of now. It's so stupid. At least as the league progresses, make maps drop more often. I have 3 chars around level 90 and I had to buy almost all of the maps if I wanted to do a T8+ to fill the atlas. How can there be a 'War for Atlas' when you spend most of the time buying maps from other players. It's more like 'Trade for Atlas'. Zana takes an insane grind to finish so getting high tier maps in a temp league is impossible for most players as well. My Zana is still level 6 and I have done every map and daily so far. It's just sad how the end-game, which is all about maps and mapping is gated by RNG. If you're not lucky, good luck progressing into the end-game. I don't understand what is so wrong with wanting to map, and reach 100. Players still can die, so why does GGG gate people form not being able to do end-game content? It reminds me of the guy who couldn't find the last uber trial in SSF and he was almost level 100.

bla bla bla bla... crying and crying. How about looking up a guide on completing atlas if you struggle so much and can't figure it out yourself? If you just go doing random maps you find in random order that happens, surprise!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info