GGG COMPLETELY fucked up endgame in Abyss...

So GGG, you really fucked up endgame in Abyss.

Why?

Because there is none.

We now have an Atlas with about 30 maps more than in previous leagues. But where are the maps?

I see none of them.
Map return in 10+ is about 1/3rd of the effort when i'm REALLY lucky, and i mean REALLY - no matter which rolls, packsize etc.

Sure i can buy maps, but the situation on the market exactly mirrors the ingame situation. The prices compared to previous league is about 3 to 4 times higher. So i'll have to buy a T15 map for about 12-15 Chaos. Am i Warren Buffet?

Just ran 8 maps between 8 and 12 with 100+IIR and 40-50 IIR and did not get ANY SINGLE, NOT A SINGLE TIER 1 map back. Are you serious?

My friends list ist empty, everybody asks me why i'm playing, nobody of my friends wants to continue bevause the new system is so retarded and fucked up that it's currently unplayable.

There are Challenges like "Kill 40 of the Shapers Guardians" - just have to laugh, am i god or what? I havent seen any T16 map and have played about 7 and a half day in Abyss.

Still sane GGG?

I have always ranted about maps drops but this league is completely out of control and i don't understand why GGG makes such essential failures in game design...
Last edited by petewulf on Jan 20, 2018, 1:33:42 PM
Last bumped on Jan 23, 2018, 7:07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
If you wanna be competitive (top-level content within 7.5 days) you gotta trade bro.

"
Chris wrote:

Grab some of your currency orbs and buy some Maps. That's what Chris wants you to do, so I assume he doesn't see it as a fuckup.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jan 20, 2018, 1:42:41 PM
I am currently sitting on 20 tier 16 maps. I don't even bother running them yet because I need to level up to 96 first. Far as the other maps go - 11 tier 15 and 15 tier 14, these are the 2 tiers I run the most. Haven't bought any maps ever since I gave up on the elder chasing and they were mostly tiers 6-10
Sad thing is I have found WAY more exalts than T11+ maps. I buy a t14 alch it chisel it, fragments 30% pack size IIQ sextant.....and the highest map I have seen drop is a single map drop of a T9. Buy another one, do the exact same thing, deck the map out in iiq and nothing drops. BUT, I run ONE...ONE t6 - t9 and i get 10+ maps. Upgrading maps does nothing either. I still get ZERO returns on maps. Still waiting to complete T11 after 3 level 90 characters. I'm done wasting my currency (which is also extremely rare in higher tier maps) on maps with ZERO returns. I guess PoE's "end Game" is now t9 maps.....

I hate to say it, but I actually miss harbinger. This expansion "had" potential to be extremely fun but that's not happening. And, the league, is complete garbage. Liches are WAY to rare and the depths dont ever, EVER drop a league only unique (or maps).

Mix a horrible league and bad drop rates from an expansion = ruined game. Why have an "end game" but inhibit the players from playing it.

It's not just "bad luck". If it was, I wouldn't be seeing map drop rate complaints all over the forums.

I give up. All the complaints I'm seeing about map drops have had no effect to GGG. Not spending another dime on a game that gets boring because of a skewed mechanic.
"
IQof3 wrote:
Sad thing is I have found WAY more exalts than T11+ maps. I buy a t14 alch it chisel it, fragments 30% pack size IIQ sextant.....and the highest map I have seen drop is a single map drop of a T9. Buy another one, do the exact same thing, deck the map out in iiq and nothing drops. BUT, I run ONE...ONE t6 - t9 and i get 10+ maps. Upgrading maps does nothing either. I still get ZERO returns on maps. Still waiting to complete T11 after 3 level 90 characters. I'm done wasting my currency (which is also extremely rare in higher tier maps) on maps with ZERO returns. I guess PoE's "end Game" is now t9 maps.....

I hate to say it, but I actually miss harbinger. This expansion "had" potential to be extremely fun but that's not happening. And, the league, is complete garbage. Liches are WAY to rare and the depths dont ever, EVER drop a league only unique (or maps).

Mix a horrible league and bad drop rates from an expansion = ruined game. Why have an "end game" but inhibit the players from playing it.

It's not just "bad luck". If it was, I wouldn't be seeing map drop rate complaints all over the forums.

I give up. All the complaints I'm seeing about map drops have had no effect to GGG. Not spending another dime on a game that gets boring because of a skewed mechanic.

Zana mods + more then 1 map example are your friend!
Abyss is the WORST league/patch PoE ever seen!

Abysmal map drop rates, completely RNG-gated league content (liches), etc, etc.

I made only 15 challenges and leveled only to 87, when i got bored as hell with it and stopped playing. In Harbinger, i made 36 challenges and leveled to 92.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jan 20, 2018, 5:31:41 PM
"
IQof3 wrote:

it's an eay way to restrict access to high itemlevel items which are worth crafting on and so are sellable to compensate for the currency you spent on the maps.

and it's a way of making progression slower. they could of course make you do a thousand quests and sucessive boss kills before accessing higher maps but that would exclude skilled players who play 3 hours a day.

the current system is making all players struggle for luck to have maps drop. or just buy them.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"

Just ran 8 maps between 8 and 12 with 100+IIR and 40-50 IIR and did not get ANY SINGLE, NOT A SINGLE TIER 1 map back. Are you serious?

This blatant lie, coupled with the obvious lack of mechanic knowledge just made your whole post a joke.
Unless of course you actually meant tier 1 exclusively in which case I'd still laugh.

Your loot filter must have turned off the map drops, obviously.
Last edited by Chalace2 on Jan 20, 2018, 7:17:37 PM
"
IQof3 wrote:
I buy a t14 alch it chisel it

Chisel first dude ahahaha

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
i made 36 challenges and leveled to 92.

Getting 92 takes a week of casual gameplay. You think it would be a good idea to have challenges you can complete that fast? And out of 40 there is only few which are very rng based and only really matter if you want all 40, getting 36 was never really hard, especially in trade league
map drops are adequate. Many people just don't know that you have to spent money to get returns. Like vaaling for +1 when progressing is better than trading 3-1. Also, there is no quick win in atlas.

Also true, if you play with pre-build neversink loot filter , strict version, i think every T-6 map is being hidden.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info