GGG COMPLETELY fucked up endgame in Abyss...

"
vio wrote:
"
IQof3 wrote:
Mix a horrible league and bad drop rates from an expansion = ruined game. Why have an "end game" but inhibit the players from playing it.

it's an eay way to restrict access to high itemlevel items which are worth crafting on and so are sellable to compensate for the currency you spent on the maps.

and it's a way of making progression slower. they could of course make you do a thousand quests and sucessive boss kills before accessing higher maps but that would exclude skilled players who play 3 hours a day.

the current system is making all players struggle for luck to have maps drop. or just buy them.

There are better ways of progress restricting, rather than pure RNG.

For example, in Breach league, you collected "splinters" from every breach, and with enough splinters, you gained a ticket to "league boss" (Breachlord).
In abyss, to meet "league boss" (Abyssal lich) you can do nothing but pray to RNGesus. It's far more frustrating, that collecting splinters (you know that every time you get closer to "boss").
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Cogburn wrote:

Getting 92 takes a week of casual gameplay. You think it would be a good idea to have challenges you can complete that fast? And out of 40 there is only few which are very rng based and only really matter if you want all 40, getting 36 was never really hard, especially in trade league

Sorry, but for me, it takes much longer (about a month or so). And in Abyss, i player only 2 weeks, and only because i didnt knew how bad this league will be. If i knew that, i didnt played in Abyss at all.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Cogburn wrote:
Getting 92 takes a week of casual gameplay. You think it would be a good idea to have challenges you can complete that fast?

lmao

If you get to 92 in a week there is nothing casual about your play
This is Abyssmal league.. :( Im totally bored of it.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
In apprciation of GGG making end game more graindy then ever, I decided to support them by spending 19 bucks on Victor Vran. By them, I mean Haemimont Games.

Its been a while to play a game where hard bosses are rewarded with loots & other niceites. Its nice to enter a zone without needing to see if i have some map or key I need. If you unlocked it, you are free to return over & over again. The balance is many bounus & loot are time bonus, which is a good balance between keep playing same areas, or take on new ones.
Funny how people are prizing harbinger when before it was universally hated as one of the worst leagues. The lack of foresight is pretty amazing.
"
Chalace2 wrote:
"

Just ran 8 maps between 8 and 12 with 100+IIR and 40-50 IIR and did not get ANY SINGLE, NOT A SINGLE TIER 1 map back. Are you serious?

This blatant lie, coupled with the obvious lack of mechanic knowledge just made your whole post a joke.
Unless of course you actually meant tier 1 exclusively in which case I'd still laugh.

Your loot filter must have turned off the map drops, obviously.

First: Thats no lie. If everything were fine i wouldn't post things like this. This is a known and serious problem, take a look at the forum. I can't count how much vaaled maps i played where my investments were at least 20c where not a single map dropped.

Second: My loot filter is configured to display ALL maps which drop with a font size, a blind man could see. Obviously tested and working.
Abyss league sure does its job at separating the wolves from the sheep.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Yup, Map drops suck.
*Throws something to bop White Knights in the head.*

I heard in an interview (with Zizaran) Chris being all coy, all, "I don't know of any changes to map-drop rates."

Pfah. You don't need inside info to feel the difference. Given that this is a League he's been playing more than others, he should be able to tell that the Map drops really inhibit you from doing what you'd rather be doing.

*Throws something in NZ's general direction.*
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Funny how people are prizing harbinger when before it was universally hated as one of the worst leagues. The lack of foresight is pretty amazing.

The only thing i really hated in Harbinger was Beachhead existance. A high-level map, that provided far too much rewards (in both experience and loot) without any significant risk.
Yes, i thought that Harbinger wasnt good enough, after Breach. which was far better.
But Abyss... damn, this league is so much worse than Harbinger!

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info