What's with the bandwagon hate on shaped maps and sextants?

"
Boem wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

I don't understand why you keep jumping ship. You stated that a shaped map gets more loot and more maps return. Now instead of just admitting you are wrong you spin it in a different direction and involve layouts. Some layouts are worse then others, gg. I mean, was that the point? Because I think we got this mr. obvious.

Again shaped maps don't magically get better loot drops or map drops. <<<<< FAIRYTALE.

Stop spouting bullshit, i never stated such a thing.

And your calling my reading comprehension terrible? Go re-read what i typed.

Pull that stuff again and i'm reporting you. I don't need nobody putting words in my mouth to discredit me based on false air.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1457463

Go read the code of conduct before making false claims and "pulling punches" based on those false claims.
It makes you look dumb and makes me itch to just press report and get this trolling off general discussion.

Aaaand once again you completely ignore the issue at hand. Please just stop posting in my topic and leave this discussion to people who play this game and not the forum.
Irony look it up.

Btw nobody gives a shit about shaped maps, which is why the entire first two pages where addressing sextants.
Get a clue, you made this thread and can't even follow its content.

Nobody talked about shaped maps in a vacuum, so it's impossible for me to have stated that shaped maps drop more loot and maps.(hint hint, i didn't state such a thing)

Enjoy your roller coaster of ignoring the content people post in your thread while projecting that you are actually having a "discussion" on a subject with them.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Remove sextant blocking.
Remove packsize sextant mods.
Add part of the sextant packsize to maps baseline.
Obliterate vaults density. It shouldn't have the best div cards, a linear layout and a faceroll boss. Even spider forest in Harby wasn't as bad cause the layout sucked.

Make map mods have some legitimate variation (e.g. mods vary from 5-20% quant and 4-10% packsize). Rippy cancer like -max res or mob damage should give much more. Curses middling since a warding flask removes them. Joke mods like 'has humanoids' are barely worthy of 5% quantity.
21/05/18 - The beginning of the end of PoE
"
Doomstryver wrote:
Remove sextant blocking.
Remove packsize sextant mods.
Add part of the sextant packsize to maps baseline.
Obliterate vaults density. It shouldn't have the best div cards, a linear layout and a faceroll boss. Even spider forest in Harby wasn't as bad cause the layout sucked.

Make map mods have some legitimate variation (e.g. mods vary from 5-20% quant and 4-10% packsize). Rippy cancer like -max res or mob damage should give much more. Curses middling since a warding flask removes them. Joke mods like 'has humanoids' are barely worthy of 5% quantity.

You think Vault has good density without sextants? Because it doesn't. Also the boss is not as faceroll. Probably one of the harder t9 bosses. His slam hits for well over 5k easily.

I don't understand this attitude at all. If this would be implemented we would go back to the stoneage where people exalt maps to desperately get them to drop. Nobody would use sextants any longer. And last a good layout map gets destroyed.

Shouldn't we think the other way, and make less desirable maps be improved?
"
Miská wrote:

You think Vault has good density without sextants? Because it doesn't. Also the boss is not as faceroll. Probably one of the harder t9 bosses. His slam hits for well over 5k easily.

I don't understand this attitude at all. If this would be implemented we would go back to the stoneage where people exalt maps to desperately get them to drop. Nobody would use sextants any longer. And last a good layout map gets destroyed.

Shouldn't we think the other way, and make less desirable maps be improved?

NO map has good density without sextants anymore.
If you have dps you can kill the shaped vault boss before he even leaps (hint: stand on the gold piles).

I don't understand how nerfing sextants takes us back to exalting map days, or are you admitting sextants are mandatory for reliable sustain?
21/05/18 - The beginning of the end of PoE
I have two problems with sextants beyond any discussion of how strong they are vs non sextants:

1) They can only be reliably obtained thru other players. Sure you can find sextants yourself but gl trying to use 6 sextant every 3 maps from your drops. If they were remotely viable to utilize without trade they wouldn't feel so cheesy (imo). For instance a vendor recipe to obtain them would be nice.

2) Sextant blocking a map makes your atlas look like a three year old went to town on it with a circular red stamp.
I don't get it either. In fact I don't get anything apparently. I just log in, start playing, having a good old time, and then log out and do some other stuff......profit.
Last edited by lupasvasile on Jan 10, 2018, 11:26:20 PM
"
lupasvasile wrote:
I don't get it either. In fact I don't get anything apparently. I just log in, start playing, having a good old time, and then log out and do some other stuff......profit.

You are not making Headhunter profit. And that is fine when you are enjoying it. This is more directed at people who grinds a bit harder to afford chase unique.
My builds:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1809378 - Lazor Inqusitor
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781498 - Burning Arrow Raider
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800999 - Perfect Formless Inferno Slayer
"
Miská wrote:
I'm a big fan of shaped maps. And also a big fan of sextants. They are probably my favorite item added to PoE in the last few years. They have been a great endgame item since they were introduced. So why the hate all of a sudden?

A common complain is that full time traders/flippers have such an advantage over people that kill and loot. With sextants you can finally kill and loot and not feel like it's a waste of time vs flippers/traders.

And shaped maps, this one really baffles me. I agree we could use some minor adjustments on the atlas but you can choose and pick your favorite map and run it till the end of times. Or when you are the diversity type you can go and complete the whole atlas and enjoy all kinds of maps but in lower quantities.

All I see is choice. I guess there will never be a moment everyone will be happy.

Except that with the popularity of or, as others have said, mandatory use of, sextants to "maximize your PoE experience", those flippers and traders are making serious currency off the sextant market, and they are far more expensive than they should be. Making them even more out of reach for the average player.

You see the paradox?
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Jan 11, 2018, 12:38:43 AM
"
Oh I dunno it's fucking stupid? Like really?

Lets see Sextants feel mandatory understand? Finishing your entire atlas is stupid like legit stupid if you wanna do efficient 100% more exp etc

Well also use a factor in this reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7obcy3/baked_gives_his_thoughts_about_not_going_shaped/

Shaped maps / Sextants are fucking stupid and they need to get the fuck out of the game or be less mandatory

Whatever the case is it's so stupid it's not even funny. Hell your thread pisses me off because you're so fucking oblivious to the situation that's the worst part about it.

In short those who finish their atlas gets more punished then the ones who are doing the whole sextant / shaped strat that should not be the case at all understand that? 100% Sure they're likely to change this in the next patch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info