What's with the bandwagon hate on shaped maps and sextants?

>GGG wants you to run different maps instead of just spamming a single one endlessly, so they add Shaper\Elder influence and boost pack sizes in unpopular maps with complicated layouts.

>GGG moves one of, if not the most rewarding map in the game to the spot where it can be easily shaped up to t14 and can have multiple yellow sextants slapped onto it.

Yep, that makes perfect sense.

And while i agree that yes, there'll always be the most efficient way of farming,i don't think that playing on the Atlas, unlocking 100++ bonus and running different red maps should feel like you're actively handicapping yourself. Shaped Vault meta goes directly against what GGG, supposedly, want the Atlas to be for the players.

"
Miská wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
A map with an additional 50% pack size increase over the standard doesn't provide more loot and maps in return are you being serious or should i label you a troll and carry on?

Yeah i'm out, just ignore me, another one of those bandwagon shaped/sextant meta haters.

Don't make threads like this if you haven't given it five minutes of serious thought yourself, cheers.

Peace,

-Boem-

You must have missed where I said 'same setup'. So I don't know where shaped maps magically get +50% packsize from.

P.s that's the second time you fail to read what I said.

Sextanted barrows vs sextanted channel, 30 minutes of farming on both.

A game driven by items and an active economy.

No difference at all, got it.

Like i said, give it some thought before shuffling this bull out of the door.

And let's ignore map relative position and all other things that factor in this to demonstrate your highly effective point.
"fail to read what i said"

Your 36 challenges in and don't even comprehend sextanting and its mechanics yet make a thread about it. How about experimenting with it yourself instead of copy pasting a strat and basing your "experience" of that?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
A map with an additional 50% pack size increase over the standard doesn't provide more loot and maps in return are you being serious or should i label you a troll and carry on?

Yeah i'm out, just ignore me, another one of those bandwagon shaped/sextant meta haters.

Don't make threads like this if you haven't given it five minutes of serious thought yourself, cheers.

Peace,

-Boem-

You must have missed where I said 'same setup'. So I don't know where shaped maps magically get +50% packsize from.

P.s that's the second time you fail to read what I said.

Sextanted barrows vs sextanted channel, 30 minutes of farming on both.

A game driven by items and an active economy.

No difference at all, got it.

Like i said, give it some thought before shuffling this bull out of the door.

And let's ignore map relative position and all other things that factor in this to demonstrate your highly effective point.
"fail to read what i said"

Your 36 challenges in and don't even comprehend sextanting and its mechanics yet make a thread about it. How about experimenting with it yourself instead of copy pasting a strat and basing your "experience" of that?

Peace,

-Boem-

So your answer is to compare a linear map with one of the worst layouts in the game. Got it. Hig level comparison right there. What in the world does that have to do with the on hand discussion? I never argues every layout is equal. Your example is just silly.

I have run 1k+ maps with a full atlas, and then some 2k+ with a shaped map. I'm exactly making this topic because people are wildly overreacting on how much better a random shaped map is vs a full completed atlas. I mean honestly, have you even used 1 sextant this whole league?
"
nskLantash wrote:
>GGG wants you to run different maps instead of just spamming a single one endlessly, so they add Shaper\Elder influence and boost pack sizes in unpopular maps with complicated layouts.

>GGG moves one of, if not the most rewarding map in the game to the spot where it can be easily shaped up to t14 and can have multiple yellow sextants slapped onto it.

Yep, that makes perfect sense.

And while i agree that yes, there'll always be the most efficient way of farming,i don't think that playing on the Atlas, unlocking 100++ bonus and running different red maps should feel like you're actively handicapping yourself. Shaped Vault meta goes directly against what GGG, supposedly, want the Atlas to be for the players.

I agree putting Vault where it is wasn't very good for promoting diversity. However I'm glad it's Vault and not Torture chamber.

Like I mentioned before I have done a good amount of maps with a full atlas. Actively sextanting different maps was actually quite fun. Map drops were plentiful like can be expected with heavy investment but profits were lower then shaped adventures. It was still profitable though, and you have many advantages over a shaped player.
First off I'm glad you found your own way to farm and play the game.

But I'm gonna be honest, you sound like you're either trolling or being a dick for the sake of being a dick LOL

The baked example was 100% dead on, GGG has Riot Games syndrome, add something that's too powerful and you over compensate by raping the living shit out of everything else. They way overdid it this time. Since Atlas came out and Shaped/Sextant strategy came out that's pretty much the only way to make money. I didn't do it this League after doing it since Atlas, and along with the new shit 70/20 Map standardization, it feels like fucking shit. Thank god I have other ways to make currency tho.

So no, there is no choice.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jan 10, 2018, 9:50:35 PM
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:

But I'm gonna be honest, you sound like you're either trolling or being a dick for the sake of being a dick LOL

The baked example was 100% dead on, GGG has Riot Games syndrome, add something that's too powerful and you over compensate by raping the living shit out of everything else. They way overdid it this time. Since Atlas came out and Shaped/Sextant strategy came out that's pretty much the only way to make money. I didn't do it this League after doing it since Atlas, and along with the new shit 70/20 Map standardization, it feels like fucking shit. Thank god I have other ways to make currency tho.

So no, there is no choice.

Weird, I made currency just fine with a full atlas using sextants. Hell to start with I made currency just fine running alched yellow tier maps. Was it as profitable as Vault is? No ofcourse not. But that's more of a problem that breach + div cards are to powerful vs a map that doesn't have that.

I feel like we are stuck in some streamer syndrome where everyone just assumes a streamer (Who btw has done nothing else then the bleeding edge efficiency strat) is 100% right. Nobody needs to see any source. How can you take information like that serious?

Again I'm not arguing Vault (And some other maps, not all shaped even) are to efficient vs other maps because they are. Divination cards are the main issue there though and layout. Not specifically shaped map or even sextants.
"
Miská wrote:

So your answer is to compare a linear map with one of the worst layouts in the game. Got it. Hig level comparison right there. What in the world does that have to do with the on hand discussion? I never argues every layout is equal. Your example is just silly.

I have run 1k+ maps with a full atlas, and then some 2k+ with a shaped map. I'm exactly making this topic because people are wildly overreacting on how much better a random shaped map is vs a full completed atlas. I mean honestly, have you even used 1 sextant this whole league?

So first you argue "whatever happened to fun and doing what you want"

And then two pages later you backtrack to "well of course lay-outs are relevant"

My example is as silly as the basis your trying to defend for whatever reason. Most likely trolling though.

Peace,

-Boem-
Rework sextants to only affect maps of the same rarity or below.
White sextants will only affect white maps.
Yellow sextants only affect yellow maps or below.
Red sextants only affect red maps or below.
Slightly amend drop rates to make them drop more often.

Just throwing some ideas out.

On topic, I don't hate it and I have done sextant blocking with IIQ/IIR characters during the previous leagues.
Didn't do it this league yet as i want to try the elder/shaper thingy.

I don't like Breach being locked behind Zana 8 though...
I have an Alien pet.
Last edited by kelongngu on Jan 10, 2018, 10:06:14 PM
"
Boem wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

So first you argue "whatever happened to fun and doing what you want"

And then two pages later you backtrack to "well of course lay-outs are relevant"

My example is as silly as the basis your trying to defend for whatever reason. Most likely trolling though.

Peace,

-Boem-

I don't understand why you keep jumping ship. You stated that a shaped map gets more loot and more maps return. Now instead of just admitting you are wrong you spin it in a different direction and involve layouts. Some layouts are worse then others, gg. I mean, was that the point? Because I think we got this mr. obvious.

Again shaped maps don't magically get better loot drops or map drops. <<<<< FAIRYTALE.
"
Miská wrote:

I don't understand why you keep jumping ship. You stated that a shaped map gets more loot and more maps return. Now instead of just admitting you are wrong you spin it in a different direction and involve layouts. Some layouts are worse then others, gg. I mean, was that the point? Because I think we got this mr. obvious.

Again shaped maps don't magically get better loot drops or map drops. <<<<< FAIRYTALE.

Stop spouting bullshit, i never stated such a thing.

And your calling my reading comprehension terrible? Go re-read what i typed.

Pull that stuff again and i'm reporting you. I don't need nobody putting words in my mouth to discredit me based on false air.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1457463

Go read the code of conduct before making false claims and "pulling punches" based on those false claims.
It makes you look dumb and makes me itch to just press report and get this trolling off general discussion.
Last edited by Boem on Jan 10, 2018, 10:33:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info