What's with the bandwagon hate on shaped maps and sextants?

I'm a big fan of shaped maps. And also a big fan of sextants. They are probably my favorite item added to PoE in the last few years. They have been a great endgame item since they were introduced. So why the hate all of a sudden?

A common complain is that full time traders/flippers have such an advantage over people that kill and loot. With sextants you can finally kill and loot and not feel like it's a waste of time vs flippers/traders.

And shaped maps, this one really baffles me. I agree we could use some minor adjustments on the atlas but you can choose and pick your favorite map and run it till the end of times. Or when you are the diversity type you can go and complete the whole atlas and enjoy all kinds of maps but in lower quantities.

All I see is choice. I guess there will never be a moment everyone will be happy.
Last bumped on Jan 12, 2018, 10:28:24 PM
Opinions, opinions everywhere.
My builds:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1809378 - Lazor Inqusitor
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781498 - Burning Arrow Raider
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800999 - Perfect Formless Inferno Slayer
Oh I dunno it's fucking stupid? Like really?

Lets see Sextants feel mandatory understand? Finishing your entire atlas is stupid like legit stupid if you wanna do efficient 100% more exp etc

Well also use a factor in this reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7obcy3/baked_gives_his_thoughts_about_not_going_shaped/

Shaped maps / Sextants are fucking stupid and they need to get the fuck out of the game or be less mandatory

Whatever the case is it's so stupid it's not even funny. Hell your thread pisses me off because you're so fucking oblivious to the situation that's the worst part about it.

In short those who finish their atlas gets more punished then the ones who are doing the whole sextant / shaped strat that should not be the case at all understand that? 100% Sure they're likely to change this in the next patch.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jan 10, 2018, 8:30:01 PM
"

Lets see Sextants feel mandatory understand? Finishing your entire atlas is stupid like legit stupid if you wanna do efficient 100% more exp etc

Well also use a factor in this reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7obcy3/baked_gives_his_thoughts_about_not_going_shaped/

Shaped maps / Sextants are fucking stupid and they need to get the fuck out of the game or be less mandatory

Whatever the case is it's so stupid it's not even funny. Hell your thread pisses me off because you're so fucking oblivious to the situation that's the worst part about it.

In short those who finish their atlas gets more punished then the ones who are doing the whole sextant / shaped strat that should not be the case at all understand that? 100% Sure they're likely to change this in the next patch.

Thanks for your valued opinion. Now try again without just copying someone else, and explain what you actually mean besides just 'stuuupiddd'

And I never said everything is equally efficient, because it's not. But that's never gonna happen. Finishing your atlas is not even close to being as bad as you make it out to be though. But then again you probably have never even done that because you just follow whatever streamer you watch.
The whole zana breach thing is way worse than the shaped sextant meta.

I can bring myself to grind to 96 because that takes some meaningful effort but doing zana rotations with randos for hours on end is not what i call fun.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
GGG are stupid if they think they can curb the shaped map meta by using whatever their algorithm is that fixes map density. Basically there is one good way to farm, everything else is gimped. So if you abuse it you like it - that much is obvious. Its like playing an OP hero in a moba, of course you love this shit.

"
Miská wrote:
"

Thanks for your valued opinion. Now try again without just copying someone else, and explain what you actually mean besides just 'stuuupiddd'

And I never said everything is equally efficient, because it's not. But that's never gonna happen. Finishing your atlas is not even close to being as bad as you make it out to be though. But then again you probably have never even done that because you just follow whatever streamer you watch.

What? Everyone has the same opinion as him LOL IT'S FUCKING STUPID what should I ask my entire friend list to say the same fucking thing? Cuz they will agree with me.

And yes IT'S FUCKING BAD IT'S HORRIBLE.

Do you play as much as I do? No FUCK NO you do not play as much as I do or map as much as I do YOU ZERO EXPERIENCED COMPARED TO ME understand that?

You really are oblivious to the situation SO fucking OBLIVIOUS.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jan 10, 2018, 8:38:37 PM
I wonder how somebody is suppose to run the most optimal mapping game (aka = shaped + full sextant strat)
with a computer that can barely run the normal game at this stage of development.

People say they like the massive amount of mobs and killing entire screens of monsters? I tend to agree that that "can" be fun, but how about optimizing the game before actually making that the mandatory route to play efficiently.

My pc goes "humpfsssss" every time i proq my herald of ice on 40+ mobs at the same time.

I can't even begin to imagine how much "fun" it is to proq that stuff on 100+ mobs at the same time giving you that nice "juice" also known as "a framerate rip".

tl;dr sextants are mandatory therefore they suck and ggg blatantly balances around full sextant strategy's irrelevant of optimization of the game to allow that strategy to become "mainstream".

I reckon soon were moving on to not seeing the ground we walk on in maps if they keep pushing this direction.
(which is in fact already the case if you don't hide items and enjoy an instant crash to log-in)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
GGG are stupid if they think they can curb the shaped map meta by using whatever their algorithm is that fixes map density. Basically there is one good way to farm, everything else is gimped. So if you abuse it you like it - that much is obvious. Its like playing an OP hero in a moba, of course you love this shit.

This is just not true. Before I started chaining shaped Vault I had my whole atlas completed, and did fine just farming random maps. Basically without sextants or Zana breach. Was it as good as fully setup Vault? Ofcourse not, but I really don't see both things on the same level. The first requires literally no investment, the second required a insane amount of investment. They should never be close in terms of farming.

@I_NO Keep trying. Still don't understand what you are saying. And if you have done more maps then me this league I feel sorry for you. But I seriously doubt it.
Aaaah I see it now. You think because you chain shaped maps with sextants you are putting in the work while people who don't put in the work(running the highest maps they can) don't deserve the same profits. Gotcha.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info