*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

Absolutely, thanks for taking the time to reply turtledove:



the 2 best jewels are in my abyssal belt, and obviously ive specced a bit more for speed but the survivability isnt really the issue atm its the dmg.

Appreciate your input!
Your jewels look sufficient to me. I didn't look at your path of building link but another thing to check is your accuracy. I had to get accuracy on my helmet for my particular build. IIRC, I had at least 80% chance to hit. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2068178/page/79#p15511945
Have an opinion on labyrinth but never voiced it? Make a post in Feedback and Suggestions. I'll keep track. Over 400 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1000 posters in support (thread # 1702621)
Accuracy might be part of it, but even in my POB I have blinded checked (I'm using effigon) so chance to hit is 100%.

I still have like way less dmg than his path of building, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. Here's the pob in case anyone was curious:

https://pastebin.com/4aqwQyTH


Also did you find the build essentially was entirely tied to the wither stacks? My totem dies often which likely means I just need to adjust my playstyle, but in POB the wither totem legit seems to double my or his dmg in POB.
The Effigon amulet looks like a better way to go than the Impresence amulet that I used but I had lightning based build. I don't remember any issue with keeping my totem up. I used my totem as an advanced warning of monsters so it was always a primary target and handy distraction for the monsters. My Spell Totem gem was level 20 which meant that it had much more life than a level 4 spell totem skill gem though.
Have an opinion on labyrinth but never voiced it? Make a post in Feedback and Suggestions. I'll keep track. Over 400 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1000 posters in support (thread # 1702621)
Last edited by Turtledove on Jun 28, 2018, 7:10:47 PM
Yeah, I fail incursions regularly in t13 maps + likely due to the difficulty stacking enough poisons quickly enough. The build is very fun for traditional mapping however, I think having temp chains on hit gloves could do wonders to boost the survivability of the char. If only there was a way to get higher up front damage for the incursion timers, but I guess you can't have everything :(
Just out of interest why lightning damage? Is it because poison scale off of the Max damage number?
"
MrStormBear wrote:
Just out of interest why lightning damage? Is it because poison scale off of the Max damage number?


Elemental damage is much easier to scale. That means that there are many more options and mods that scale up elemental damage than scale up chaos damage. The Volkuur's then convert the high elemental damage into poison damage. Lightning or fire work best because of the lightning and fire mods on the abyss jewels being greater than cold damage mods.
Have an opinion on labyrinth but never voiced it? Make a post in Feedback and Suggestions. I'll keep track. Over 400 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1000 posters in support (thread # 1702621)
Does this build perform the same in 3.3? I am thinking of making a build like this in Delve League :D
"
Completed 9 ChallengesArtemis1990 wrote:
Does this build perform the same in 3.3? I am thinking of making a build like this in Delve League :D


There haven't been any big changes in 3.3, iirc, so it still works roughly the same, except Barrage fires one more projectile. Delve is supposed to have some new poison passives, though, which might buff up the build, along with the new Wither support. On the flip side, I'm not 100% sure that we'll have Abyss mechanics in Delve, which would be crippling.


Hard to say anything before the patch notes.

EDIT: Looks like they're not getting rid of Abyss. I'll probably be trying the cold version of this as a league starter, then.
Last edited by vdk89 on Aug 24, 2018, 9:32:46 AM
"
Completed 17 Challengesvdk89 wrote:
"
Completed 9 ChallengesArtemis1990 wrote:
Does this build perform the same in 3.3? I am thinking of making a build like this in Delve League :D


There haven't been any big changes in 3.3, iirc, so it still works roughly the same, except Barrage fires one more projectile. Delve is supposed to have some new poison passives, though, which might buff up the build, along with the new Wither support. On the flip side, I'm not 100% sure that we'll have Abyss mechanics in Delve, which would be crippling.


Hard to say anything before the patch notes.

EDIT: Looks like they're not getting rid of Abyss. I'll probably be trying the cold version of this as a league starter, then.


Yeah, it would be pretty evil to introduce abyss socketed rares with no way to obtain the jewels. :P

I'm really optimistic about playing this build again in 3.4. Super excited to see the poison and PF changes!
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info