*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

"
The_Sin wrote:
"
vdk89 wrote:
"
The_Sin wrote:
question, why do we take 100% chance to poison on hit from the tree when volkuur's gives us 20%, that's 120%. or am i missing something?

It only gives poison chance for matching elemental skills and the build uses Ice Shot.

So POB is lying to me then? says I still have 100% to poison even though in game says 80%

Do you have your Coralito's active in PoB? That's an extra 25%
It only gives poison chance for matching elemental skills and the build uses Ice Shot. [/quote]

So POB is lying to me then? says I still have 100% to poison even though in game says 80%[/quote]

Do you have your Coralito's active in PoB? That's an extra 25%[/quote]

ahhh, yes, thank you
Really nice build here.

Does the 40% less attack dmg from quillrain not affect the poison dmg?

Because u say poison is affected by the flat dmg from the abys jewels. But u use a attack to aply the flat dmg through quill rain and therefore all the fire dmg should be also reduced by 40% .. or im wrong here?

-~Shop for the price awarded player~- view-thread/375747
Last edited by trashs1 on May 3, 2018, 7:27:41 AM
"
trashs1 wrote:
Really nice build here.

Does the 40% less attack dmg from quillrain not affect the poison dmg?

Because u say poison is affected by the flat dmg from the abys jewels. But u use a attack to aply the flat dmg through quill rain and therefore all the fire dmg should be also reduced by 40% .. or im wrong here?

You are correct. The advantages of Quill Rain are:
edit: 0. very fast attack speed provides some mitigation of the 40% reduced damage.
1. Fast attacks gets you to maximum poison stacks very fast.
2. It works wonderfully with Thief's Torment to keep life and mana full.
3. Other things with small chance per hit like blind, onslaught, etc. frequently are granted.

edit2: The big disadvantage of Quill Rain is the pitiful damage with the bow itself. That is the pitiful 13-35 physical damage per hit along with the 40% reduced damage. The big advantage is the super attack speed. This build uses the abyss jewels to mitigate the disadvantage while elegantly leveraging the big advantage.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on May 5, 2018, 11:34:24 AM
I've spent 20ex Atleast on this build trying to get it to work and having no luck at all... can't get max resistances and my mana drains way to fast.
Last edited by Bthurbz on May 5, 2018, 9:02:11 PM
"
Bthurbz wrote:
I've spent 20ex Atleast on this build trying to get it to work and having no luck at all... can't get max resistances and my mana drains way to fast.

Thief's torment should keep mana at max as long as you're hitting monsters.

You'll have to get some resistance from your jewels. I have more from jewels than I would have to if I'd decided to get some more from helmet and boots.

Anyway my elemental resistances are maxed out and my chaos resistance is 2%.

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
why does your path of building "EPEEN" have a fake custom made amulet that has hits cant be evaded.

Your build does not get 20 million dps regardless so you created a custom item to create fake dps tool tip?

please remove that shit, its a disgrace to builds in general.

Even in your "end game" pob and your regular pob you put it so that enemies are blinded and put on effigon.

You have 1 singular jewel with 5% chance to blind

In your own setup you arent even running it!!! WTF?

Be honest about your tooltips and pob's

Your actual dps is whatever shows up without your fake hits cant be evaded setup
Last edited by Bloomania on May 9, 2018, 7:03:39 AM
"
why does your path of building "EPEEN" have a fake custom made amulet that has hits cant be evaded.

Your build does not get 20 million dps regardless so you created a custom item to create fake dps tool tip?

Even in your "end game" pob and your regular pob you put it so that enemies are blinded and put on effigon.

Your actual dps is whatever shows up without your fake hits cant be evaded setup

The end game build has more than 6 attacks per second with Barrage (10-11 projectiles per barrage) at the top end. With an 80% hit chance you're most likely going to blind the enemy within the first second of Barrage (~91.5% chance). Once the enemy is blinded, you have 4 seconds to reapply, except now you hit every shot. You can VERY safely assume that a boss is going to be perma-blinded and unable to evade attacks as long as you have an Effigon and a single blind jewel. Trash mobs don't matter because they die instantly.
"
vdk89 wrote:
"

The end game build has more than 6 attacks per second with Barrage (10-11 projectiles per barrage) at the top end. With an 80% hit chance you're most likely going to blind the enemy within the first second of Barrage (~91.5% chance). Once the enemy is blinded, you have 4 seconds to reapply, except now you hit every shot. You can VERY safely assume that a boss is going to be perma-blinded and unable to evade attacks as long as you have an Effigon and a single blind jewel. Trash mobs don't matter because they die instantly.

Your math is way off

1. 5% chance to blind per hit is not entropy based its random generator.

So first off you dont have 100% chance to hit before they are blinded.

So even if you have 11 projectiles per barrage only 80% or less of those are hitting.(based on accuracy)

Now of those hits you have a 5% chance to blind. So per attack thats .05% chance per hit.

You will never maintain blind and that means the dps is false and should not be shown as 100% chance to hit unless the blind chance is HUGE.

2. The build doesnt even use effigon he uses the maddening presence amulet

6 Barrage shots of 10 projectiles is 60 proj. per second. 80% hit chance reduces them to 48 hits. The chance of NOT triggering a 5% probability in 48 consecutive tries is 0.95^48. So, the chance of avoiding Blind after 1 second of Barrage is about 8.5%.

The build might not be updated to reflect this, but if you can swing the stats to drop Impresence, Effigon is the best choice. I have no idea how you're getting .05% chance to blind on hit, but that's probably why you've got this wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info