*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

"
vayha wrote:
"
nick20404 wrote:

Just crafted this and am wondering if its actually better to use Malohnys over it? my dps with Malohneys is the same pretty much on POB

How did you craft it? Essence?

Ya but i bricked it but managed to craft another one

I am thinking of adding aspect of the cat? or mastercrafting and removing the suffix and adding multi mod????

crafted it to this
Endgame Items shop +gems+unis++
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/622864

Killing double 78 courtyard boss solo
http://www.twitch.tv/nick20404/c/3381198
Last edited by nick20404 on Apr 16, 2018, 4:25:14 PM
I am having some huge issues with this build, as fun as it looks.
I do not see how your pob is getting such high DoT's with poison, compared to mine?

I would highly appreciate ANYONES input, and making time to look at my profile character "Dotting_"

Thank you ahead of time, if you can help at all.
"
Romney wrote:
I do not see how your pob is getting such high DoT's with poison, compared to mine?

I would highly appreciate ANYONES input, and making time to look at my profile character "Dotting_"

Quill Rain does a big chop on damage. The reason it is used is it's very fast fire rate. You can't get much chaos damage per hit going to damage over time from your bow in this build. Almost all of the chaos damage per hit going to damage over time for this build comes from abyss jewels. The abyss jewels should have 2 tier 1 damage for fire or lightning depending on the Volkuur's being fire or lightning. You have only one such abyss jewel and it has well below tier 1 fire damage.

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Apr 18, 2018, 12:48:37 AM
"
Romney wrote:

Not enough Abyss jewels, you are scaling mostly all of your damage from your abyss jewels, I have about 10 in my build and the dps seems good enough.
Endgame Items shop +gems+unis++
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/622864

Killing double 78 courtyard boss solo
http://www.twitch.tv/nick20404/c/3381198
Looking to try out this build, but I'm seeing a lot of differing build options, namely choice of tornado shot vs ice shot, where tornado seems more popular, and many differences in chest piece options, Defiance vs Dendrobate vs Kaoms Heart, where Dendrobate seems most common.

Is there a significant difference between any of these or is it just personal preference of MoM tankyness vs HP tankyness vs Pure dps?
Last edited by McPumpkin on Apr 19, 2018, 1:02:26 AM
"
McPumpkin wrote:
Looking to try out this build, but I'm seeing a lot of differing build options, namely choice of tornado shot vs ice shot, where tornado seems more popular, and many differences in chest piece options, Defiance vs Dendrobate vs Kaoms Heart, where Dendrobate seems most common.

Is there a significant difference between any of these or is it just personal preference of MoM tankyness vs HP tankyness vs Pure dps?

To a large extent, it's a matter of budget. Engineering Eternity probably has the cheapest version of this build, but it also looks fairly clunky to play. Ice Shot gets you a nice little chunk of survivability, because every crit pushes mobs away, while Tornado Shot can push them toward you. Couple this with Maim and it works as a nifty little layer of defense.

The more Abyss Jewels you can cram into this build, the better it will perform, but that requires you to use very specific unique items (Light Poacher, Bubonic Trail, etc.) and THAT makes it hard to get HP/Resistances. The differences in itemization come mainly from trying to balance all the things a character like this needs, in order to function (like Life/Mana Gained on Hit).
Really enjoying this build and I'd like to add that switching out Ice Shot for Frenzy seems to only give you more DPS potential because of the significant boost to attack speed (which equals more poison stacks applied recently).

Is there anything I'm missing by not using Ice Shot? It seems to clear maps just as well as Ice Shot.
"
fookolt wrote:
Really enjoying this build and I'd like to add that switching out Ice Shot for Frenzy seems to only give you more DPS potential because of the significant boost to attack speed (which equals more poison stacks applied recently).

Is there anything I'm missing by not using Ice Shot? It seems to clear maps just as well as Ice Shot.

I just tried frenzy shot. While it's true that attack speed was improved a bit over 10%, it still clears slower than ice shot. With frenzy the first row of monsters at the front of the pack is killed and then the second row of monsters is attacked. With ice shot when attacking the first row of monsters the cone of hits behind the first row also simultaneously hits the rest of the monster pack. So the whole pack is cleared slightly slower than the first row is killed with frenzy. In addition, ice shot will slow down the pack a bit which makes it slightly more defensive.

"
Explosion: On hitting a target, Ice Shot creates a cone-shaped explosion that damages enemies and creates ground ice. This triggers on every hit, so with increased chance to pierce, multiple explosions can occur with one cast of Ice Shot. The explosions can overlap, but the chilling ground do not cumulatively stack.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ice_Shot
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Hi, I recently converted a level 94 Assassin over to the build and it's been fantastic, I'm up to around 6M Shaper DPS with flasks, clearing all content easily. My only problem has been survival.

Against chaos mobs (snakes during chimera fight especially) and some heavy hitting map bosses even with capped res and taste of hate, with 4.2K hp and 1,100 unreserved mana I'm getting 1 shot. Any advice on what I could do to get my tank up? I was hoping this would be the build to finally get me a shaper kill on standard.
"
Syrthis wrote:
Hi, I recently converted a level 94 Assassin over to the build and it's been fantastic, I'm up to around 6M Shaper DPS with flasks, clearing all content easily. My only problem has been survival.

Against chaos mobs (snakes during chimera fight especially) and some heavy hitting map bosses even with capped res and taste of hate, with 4.2K hp and 1,100 unreserved mana I'm getting 1 shot. Any advice on what I could do to get my tank up? I was hoping this would be the build to finally get me a shaper kill on standard.

I have poison immunity from the Shakari pantheon. 33% chaos resistance from Maloney's and Impresence and 29% chaos resistance from my boots for a total chaos resistance of 2%. I could have gotten more chaos resistance on my helm but went for accuracy, mana, and life instead. It seems to be a pretty good setup for chaos. Although my build is not a tanky build. I only have a couple of good life jewels. Sacr0 managed to get far more T1 and T2 life jewels so is probably much more tanky but I wouldn't consider this a tanky build, especially when running with the wrath aura.

edit: I thought I'd mention that one thing I did was put "12345" in my special mouse button macro. That way it triggers all 5 flasks at once with minimal pause in attacks. This build really depends on the Thief's Torment to stay alive and most deaths seem to happen when I'm not attacking a monster for a brief moment.
Last edited by Turtledove on Apr 24, 2018, 10:27:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info