*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

selling for this build 25ex and other gear for the build pm if interested. check above posts
Endgame Items shop +gems+unis++
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/622864

Killing double 78 courtyard boss solo
http://www.twitch.tv/nick20404/c/3381198
So I ended up making the same mistake as someone else in the comments; I am new to this game and leveled up a ranger to 36 (like a week of a LOT of playing) and realized that poison is a lot more powerful for shadow. Any suggestions on what I should do?
I already purchased a thief's torment and want to make a poison charc.
"
ZachOK wrote:
How is Tornado Shot on this build?

I wasn't a huge fan of Tornado Shot on other builds, but having tried Ice Shot during the leveling process, it makes Tornado Shot feel like the best skill in the game.

Ice Shot just doesn't sit well with me at all.

Ice Shot is much stronger. With Ice Shot there is a cone of additional hits behind each initial monster hit. This very quickly melts the monster packs. The cold also does a nice job slowing monster packs.

"
Explosion: On hitting a target, Ice Shot creates a cone-shaped explosion that damages enemies and creates ground ice. This triggers on every hit, so with increased chance to pierce, multiple explosions can occur with one cast of Ice Shot. The explosions can overlap, but the chilling ground do not cumulatively stack.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ice_Shot

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Oplox wrote:
Hi i have a question about the starting nodes, why do we take the elemental damage over the chaos damage to coordination and trickery? Sorry if the question was answered before i am new to this type of character.

Because all those builds are around gloves. They change elemental dmg on poison. Overall scaling elemental and flat elemental is more efficient than chaos.
Hello guys still sell build for 12.5 ex. Pm. Buid including all gems, skills, except Duying Sun.
U can check it on my profile.
Last edited by SofiaRokka on Apr 12, 2018, 11:04:00 AM
To OP
- with the new gluttony belt giving LGOH, free frenzy charges and flask charges, is it a good option to replace thief's torment so you can use 2 rings with hp + mana?

- can you still get LGOH from poachers mark VS bosses?
MulletMoustache - GMT timezone
"
kudos888 wrote:
To OP
- with the new gluttony belt giving LGOH, free frenzy charges and flask charges, is it a good option to replace thief's torment so you can use 2 rings with hp + mana?

I'm definitely not the OP but, I thought you made an interesting proposal. So I did a quick test. I ran the The Reliquary with

My main concern is mana. I have a level 89 character so it, of course, easily cleared packs and yellows. Mana was a bit problematic compared to thief's torment. I'd run out of mana occasionally. MoM probably wouldn't be good, character would be a bit to squishy, I think with the above setup. Probably best to focus on the evasion items more than the above setup and not bother with MoM? So, that's the two issues I saw, both probably solvable though?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
kudos888 wrote:
To OP

I'm definitely not the OP but, I thought you made an interesting proposal. So I did a quick test. I ran the The Reliquary with

My main concern is mana. I have a level 89 character so it, of course, easily cleared packs and yellows. Mana was a bit problematic compared to thief's torment. I'd run out of mana occasionally. MoM probably wouldn't be good, character would be a bit to squishy, I think with the above setup. Probably best to focus on the evasion items more than the above setup and not bother with MoM? So, that's the two issues I saw, both probably solvable though?

Thanks for the test
- makes sense - poachers mark lvl 30 gives 15 mana on hit/ 34 life on hit
- thats pretty much half of what thiefs torment gives
- would curse effectiveness give more life and mana gain on hit from poachers mark?
- another option like you say is to ignore MOM but that sounds pretty squishy with the limited life pool
- the belt just seems interesting for this build somewhat
MulletMoustache - GMT timezone
"
kudos888 wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
kudos888 wrote:
To OP

Thanks for the test
- makes sense - poachers mark lvl 30 gives 15 mana on hit/ 34 life on hit
- thats pretty much half of what thiefs torment gives
- would curse effectiveness give more life and mana gain on hit from poachers mark?
- another option like you say is to ignore MOM but that sounds pretty squishy with the limited life pool
- the belt just seems interesting for this build somewhat

I'm thinking maybe trying something similar to this build but with Gluttony and a Harbinger bow. My thinking is that the current build does over 5 attacks per second with Quill Rain. At 60 mana per attack it costs 300 mana when you don't hit something for one second. It won't recover the mana as quickly as with Thief's Torment but maybe I can just add some mana leech to compensate? The Harbinger bow has plenty of physical damage to leech off of. The physical damage will contribute to the poison and a Physical to Lightning support gem will give some good lightning for the Volkuur's gloves?
A quick piece of advice for anyone thinking about Gluttony and curses in general: Shaper, Elder and Guardians have 80% curse effectiveness reduction. Normal map bosses clock in at 60%. Gluttony gets you 3 Mana Gained on Hit against end-level content, which you can get from a ring.

It's certainly cheap, but keep its limitations in mind when you plan your build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info